Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please read if you grow in soil using Perlite.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please read if you grow in soil using Perlite.

Hello, all, this year's grow is not going well, at all. These plants are 5 weeks old, and only ~4" tall. I mixed in Perlite, but still found the soil a bit dense. So, i repotted w/ more Perlite a week ago. Still not sure if I mixed in enough Perlite.
    So, I ask those that grow in a soil/perlite mixture: About what is your soil/perlite ratio?
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Please note, I am only using one of my grow lights@25" at this time. I have the temp @80F, as AMS recommended. Those fabric pots will be used if these bitches ever start really growing up. lol
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      I would transfer and let the roots grow. Adjust your nutes as the soil feeds also for awhile. Put the lights up according to the manufactures recommendations. Let them Grow. Good Growing !!

• growsomebuds
      growsomebuds commented
      Editing a comment
      Just to be clear; are you suggesting I up-pot due to the plant outgrowing its current pot or you just think up-potting at this time might get my plants to start really growing?
      Let me add, when I added more perlite last Tue w/ fresh organic soil, the plants weren't root bound.

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      I transplant lg solo cup to final pot to lesson any transplant stress. I would transfer into the larger fabric pots during their dry phase. Less stress from another transplant when it takes off and get fresh air to the roots. it also makes it easier to start training. Just my thoughts.

I recommend you look into pumice or lava rock. The reason why is it will not float like perlite so even if the mix is good in time you will see all the perlite on the top of the pot whereas the lava rock or pumice will stay where it gets mixed. Also if growing organic soil no sat based nutrients you can add worms they help whit making pockets all over your soil when they move around which creates oxygen for your roots. I think something like that lol..

Comment

I use a 50-50 mix. On a side note, I have seen plants grown in 100% perlite before.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
        I recommend you look into pumice or lava rock. The reason why is it will not float like perlite so even if the mix is good in time you will see all the perlite on the top of the pot whereas the lava rock or pumice will stay where it gets mixed. Also if growing organic soil no sat based nutrients you can add worms they help whit making pockets all over your soil when they move around which creates oxygen for your roots. I think something like that lol..
        Have you ever added worms to your soil?
        4' x 4' grow tent
        6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Worm castings, yes!!

Originally posted by Cali View Post
        Thanks, I'll investigate that. Have any experience using pumice or lava rock?
        4' x 4' grow tent
        6" inline exhaust system

Comment

growsomebuds yes I am using lava rock now it’s good only thing is I bought the big rocks and tried breaking them down as much as I could but the chunks were still big but it’s doing fine in my 20 gallon pot. Also the worms I put in there are doing great, I only put a hand full and they multiply there are a lot of baby worms in there now. And I just added another couple hand full of worms. My next grow my soil will be full of life.. Check out my last grows. Also not sure if you can add worms if your using bottled nutrients??

Comment

The usual amount of perlite in soil or coco is about 25-30% minimum.
            It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Time to turn on your bloom lights!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X