New member, how am I doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO New member, how am I doing?

Just joined and would like some input. My first DWC, been doing good so far. Had a pH drop and caught it within a day or so but looks like it gave me issues ( calcium deficiency? ) on week 7 of flower. I've added cal-mag. Let me know.

I don’t see a deficiency from the photos. Only a bit of nutrient burn on the leaf tips.
    Are you using plain tap water? If so, cal-mag might be unnecessary.
    Last edited by Toker1; 05-24-2019, 01:25 PM.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Stickybeard
      Stickybeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh it's well fed water.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well water and tap water tends to have lots of calcium already in it. I never have had to use cal mag before. I use tap water.

I'll have to get a better picture.

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      What have the water temps and PH been at recently?

Water about 60, lights on 68- 73, lights off 55. And pH normally sits at the 6.0 +/-.

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      With hydro you want ph to fluctuate.
      In DWC I adjust to 5.5 then let it swing back up to 6.5 before I adjust it back down again. If PH is consistently at 6.0 you are potentially locking out some nutrients that get absorbed at 5.5 or at 6.5.

I mix nutrients and pH to the 6.5 (or just under I don't have a pH meter just drops) and at refills pH to just below the 6 range and monitor till next switch. I had the one pH drop to 5 out of nowhere. Thankfully it was a water change day. Flushed with ph'ed water then back to fresh mix just below the 6.5. Days later I saw the spots. I'll take better pictures soon.

Comment

Comment

I will be inspecting deep tomorrow after finding this. So far this looks to be the only part affected.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks like bud rot. From too high humidity.

• Stickybeard
          Stickybeard commented
          Editing a comment
          It in fact was from too high humidity. I lost a fan abut 2 weeks ago and it took a week before I could get a new one back in there. And humidity spiked hard. Did what I could. Hopefully I won't find more.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Remove the brown. Otherwise it can cause issues.

But back to the leaf spots. It is on a different limb from the rot I just found. Picture above the bud rot pics. I ruled it as calcium deficiency, was I wrong? It's only on a few of the biggest water leaves about half way to the top of the plant.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Can’t say for sure. Seems that way, but the deficiency was from PH lock out. Just my guess.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          I second the PH lock out. 6.5 all the time is high for hydro.

Thank you guys (or gals) for the input. I'll flush and remix in the 6 ish range.
        I cut about an inch below the rot and it's nice and green there.
        I think I have only a week or two before harvest so fingers crossed.

Comment

Update:
          no more signs of bud rot (hell yeah)
          got some minor foxtailing ( fist style growing) could be normal for this girl was told she is northern lights when I got her. But this continuing new growth is mostly on the top colas.
          Trichomes are mainly cloudy and seeing some amber at the 70% dark hair point.
          as of now I'm planing on flushing in a few days for the harvest.
          Input is appreciated.
          Last edited by Stickybeard; 06-01-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking really good Stickybeard you are definitely good to start flushing and depending on how you like your buzz can harvest within the next two weeks.
            Foxtailing is not a bad thing unless it grows a larger one, Iv always looked at it as "bud swelling" and a bigger yield.

Thanks for taking a look.
          I'm going to give her a 3-5 day flush and thank her for doing so well. This is my first hydro grow and I like the technical aspects of it, makes for a good hobby.
          I cheated and took a small clipping a week ago , let it dry, and tryed it out last night.
          it can only get better.
          ​​​​​​​The yield looks like it is going to be better than I expected as well.

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            It is a good idea if you are going to continue to grow that you "cheat" all through flowering to get a good grasp on your perfect doneness. I'm never afraid to clip here, clip there, and even leave a couple buds on the harvested plant to go longer.

really good buds there.big and well formed

Comment

I harvested Shortstack today. I got far more than I expected. I may try to post a 'post grow journal' on this one. I've tons of pics and used a few different training methods as well. I'll post the dry weight hopefully in a week or so.
            thank you again.

Comment

That looks great Stickybeard, congrats.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

OK looks like I did far better than I thought. 4.6 oz in nuggets and 2.5 in trim and larf. So shiny.
                Last edited by Stickybeard; 06-18-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  congratulations Stickybeard looks like you did pretty good job.
                  Last edited by Mr.furley; 06-18-2019, 07:36 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X