No announcement yet.

Grow ten atu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MeestaFeesha No kidding: I grew her last grow and she was short and phat!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	c99 harv.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	319715
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• MeestaFeesha
      MeestaFeesha commented
      Editing a comment
      What a trip! There's an identity crisis goin on here 😂

Mighty fine bud arrangement
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Alltatup maybe you misunderstand I am not criticizing your cultivation system, I am expressing opinions on things already done. You are free to do what you want. I just wanted to make a speech to improve together. I don't know why the linguistic barber or me who express myself badly. It turns out that I am angry with you because you have defoliated. It was not my intention to offend or be a teacher. Sorry again and I put myself in a corner in silence.

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol you know the funniest thing about the whole incident is what Alltatups job is. Not my business to point it out but it is ironic. I think that's the proper use of ironic.

No worries on the language barrier. Alltatup has a way of growing that produces a very nice amount of top shelf bud. I have an opposite way of growing and end with a nice amount of top shelf bud. I end up with alot of popcorn too, but I love my popcorn buds. You can not mix our styles as it just doesn't work. My way, her way, your way, or others ways can produce nice results. Her way is really good. So just sit back and learn different ways and you will see none is better than the other. It's what you are good at.

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh but like her I bond with and become friends with my plants. That is what I truly believe is the difference in the yields over others.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking that same thing Ironic . I think your right about the bonds between us and the plants ,I always try and talk to my girls but sometimes they need to be emphatic cause I talk in my head lol

MeestaFeesha You right. You totally right. :-}
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I walk through my garden several times a day checking in on them on days off work. I just love seeing them and caring for them. July 4th at sunrise I finally cut my first WW auto grown outdoors. I gave thanks to her for hanging in there for over 95 days of many weather challenges and providing us with her relaxation. Her sister is about a week behind her, she's got a nice little bouquet of colas also. Oh the lovely scent of fresh weed hanging or smelling ripe buds in the garden, just heavenly.

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          The Hebrew word for cannabis is kaneh bosm; it's been a sacred herb in so many cultures...

I'm always so happy when I'm spending time with them in the grow room.

So true alltatup I have a scent of lemon in the hang room.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

My inside grow rooms are completely shut down and I still check them a couple times a day lol I get to jar up the limpin louie today
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            It's so nice to be able to enjoy both kinds of growing!

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes mine too OJ focus on outdoor and cloning a couple of best photos before they start to pre flower which could be first wk,. of Aug. Looking at my burnt cookie and WW although my mama mia could be in the clone mix. I'm about 70mi inland from the coast of Oregon but we are having cool mornings where I live and heats up to 85f during day. Not humid by your standards, dry. My photos are growing well now and even my autos are thriving now. Except for the GDP autos and I went ahead and planted another of GDP auto last seed see if it does poorly as last two dwarfs still going 80+ days figure there old seeds just bad luck grow. Weather here now shouldn't stall anything, but for grower errors. I also now have separated my photos and autos grouped them pheno strains. Won't worry about bloom feeding the photos instead of autos LOL WHAT DID I DO THAT?

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal you made me think its to early to think 421 am lol I hadn't thought of taking clones from the plants that have grown the best , I wish I knew what strain the beast is (It and the auto seeds got mixed up )

WEEK SIX FLOWER I see foxtailing on my Green Crack.

First I checked my environment to see if there was an environmental cause: the temp is around 74F inside box with lights on, and the tops of colas are in the appropriate lumen range, the pH is good and the roots are good.

Then I went and did some reading about foxtailing. I looked in my grow books--Cervantes, Rosenthal, G. Green, Robt. Clarke and Mel Franks--and not one of them had any info on foxtails. I read GWE first, and then supplemented it a bit; the best information I found was on zambeza's blog:
          https://www.zambeza.com/blog-what-is-cannabis-foxtailing-and-what-causes-it-n315

I conclude that it's genetic on the Green Crack, because it goes all the way down the colas. Also, the calyces are nice and phat, and getting phatter.

Click image for larger version  Name:	gc fox1.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	320447Click image for larger version  Name:	gc fox2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	767.9 KB ID:	320448

So here are the girls this week (Green Crack is tall plant in left pic). Colas are developing very nicely (slower on the OG Kush, which is the shortest plant).

Click image for larger version  Name:	wk6fl old.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.74 MB ID:	320449Click image for larger version  Name:	wk6fl new.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	320450

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            MeestaFeesha I don't know if the proper grow bible has been written--or if it can be written. I really like Clarke's Marijuana Botany written in the 80s, and I trust Rosenthal more than the others. So I guess I'd recommend his books, of which I own 2 or 3.

With the explosion of information that we now have access to on the internet, unfortunately there's a lot of crap mixed in, and many sites that just cut and paste from other sites. I see Nebula and Sirius's articles all over the place without crediting them. The best information is on GWE, and I like the breeder's blogs, like RoyalQueenSeeds blog and Zambeza. I find expert articles there rather than everyone just sounding off on their opinions.

The problem is, incorrect information and heresay gets repeated a lot. I type in a search like "Cannabis foxtail genetics" and nothing specific comes up on that topic--just the same that comes up with "cannabis foxtail." So you have to be inventive with search phrases.

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd have to second Rosenthal for a book for the fact that he has been around teaching cannabis for years, got me started in the 90's with no interweb and nobody talked about indoor growing.

GWE website is hands down the best place on the Web for learning to grow, fixing problems and fine tuning you style or is it would put it, "level up".

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr.furley What is interweb????? ;-}

In my opinion they are due to too much defoliation, I also had the same problems when I did too much defoliation. Not having enough leaves to receive the light emitted, the plants react creating more spaced buds x to receive better light by not having the leaves that transform it.

Comment

• Obi-Wan
            Obi-Wan commented
            Editing a comment
            Famine

If it were due to defoliation rather than genetics wouldn’t we see it on all the plants? Given that all the plants were defoliated equally it strikes me as odd that you attribute the foxtails to defoliation even though it is only the one genetic that shows foxtails. Were you also growing Green Crack when you experienced your foxtails? Perhaps it was another genetic that was predisposed to foxtails. Perhaps another condition caused your foxtails. In this case I believe your conclusion was in search of a symptom, rather than reading the symptoms to reach a conclusion.

I didn't mean to offend you. You talk about defoliation and I answer you by having tried it before you. I found the problems you encountered on other genetics. Not all plants are prone to defoliation. With this I don't bother you anymore. Not having that I wanted to make a constructive speech on this problem. Green meadows and stormy peaks.

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Peebz

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Peebz 😅
            Meine kleine Pflanze ist ein großer Flammenwerfer!

• Peebz
            Peebz commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr.furley you definitely don't want your plants any where near a flamethrowing buddy. My experience is limited, but this I'm sure of 😉😂.

Wow... no malice I’m am sure...but my head hurts trying to decipher the text...between my bouts of dyslexia and Google translate, I’ve had more lucid moments in the ozone than a few paragraphs above🤪

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            Farmall what language do you speak? Maybe someone else here is fluent in English and your native language. Then if any translation problems arise they could help.

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Spidermite actually, I’m sicilian Italian but was born in the USA and speak the New York English the Catholic school nuns taught us.... 😄. I speak Italian because that is what my grandparents spoke despite their perfect English. Anything they did not want us kids to hear, they said in Italian. But after decades of hearing it, we fooled them.
            Please don’t think I was insulting the poster. It was just tough for me to read and focus on.
            Last edited by Farmall; 07-11-2019, 08:36 PM.

Alltatup I am eager to see how your plants are doing. They are looking really good.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Spidermite Here are some triches:

Here's my foxy lady green crack. She's getting heavy:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	gc jul11.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	321459

C99's pistils are a beautiful color:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	c992 jul11JPG.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.67 MB ID:	321460

Emdog:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	emdog jul11.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.73 MB ID:	321461
            Last edited by alltatup; 07-11-2019, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow the trichomes on those buds are amazing. Those are some really beautiful pictures. And I do love Green Crack. Probably one of my favorite flavor wise

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              absolutely stellar.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Spidermite I got a "Trichome enhancing" app on my phone that makes em look like that! ;-}

Mr.furley Thanks, man!!

9fingerleafs According to what I read, you are exactly correct. And now I've started looking closely at pictures of different Sativa-strong strains, and I can see this characteristic in the breeders' pictures!! We are all so used to seeing the pictures of the big fat Indica buds, but now I'm noticing far more with this kind of appearance. I simply didn't notice it before.

Here are some examples:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	goodfoxtail.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	321470Click image for larger version

Name:	green-crack-.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	321471Click image for larger version

Name:	Nevilles-haze.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	272.3 KB
ID:	321472Click image for larger version

Name:	og haze.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	321473

Lots of articles talk about good and bad foxtailing, but sometimes the pictures contradict what they say; what one person calls a bad foxtail, someone else says is good. They all agree that if it goes all the way down the plant, it's genetic.

And yes, Green Crack is fattening up, she smells wonderful and she's covered in trichomes. I am quite interested to see how fat she gets over the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              im sure it will, those cali con guys are top notch breeders, the only time i grew green crack was from a bagseed and grew very well but i had to take her down at 11 weeks and had many more to go. im interested in the RQS og, ive been thinking about buying from them. what do you think about that og, smells like an og??

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              9fingerleafs I really like the RQS OGKush; this is the second time I grew it, and I've got it down for my next grow. It's some fine, fine bud. She's a cup winner, too. She's very LOVING.

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks alltatup. I've been looking for a good OG Kush.

This has been one interesting topic and makes me wonder about the genetics of my 2 autos of gran daddy purps. Once again I wish I could post pics of them ( I have stupid phone) these 2 funky flowering autos are over 90 days now. Both are less than 16" soil to top of plant. They look similar to bottom left photo. They are filling in but the leafs are very dark green. I have left them be and just water, molasses tea & flora nova bloom. Not doing any N do to the deep green coloring. The calyxes look like that photo tiny wisps of hair dangest thing never had 2 show same odd growth. I planted the last seeding of the 3 I had and for sure i'll see if the traits are the same. I'm not expecting any miracle to happen it's just very interesting seeing these slowly change. Weird they are.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              SoOrbudgal If you don't get a smart phone, we aren't going to play with you anymore!!! (Just kidding: smart phone or stupid phone, you're one of us).

But without photos, it's really hard to help you... ;-{

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X