Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When LST'ing, does it matter which direction you bend the main cola?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When LST'ing, does it matter which direction you bend the main cola?

Do you bend it toward the higher ppfd spot in the tent or bend it away and give the lower , smaller colas the higher ppfd area?
    First grow started on April 17th, 2019.
    4x4 Grow Tent
    2 X 240W 3000k QB (lm301b). 24/0 light cycle.
    Canna Coco medium, 3 gallon fabric pots
    AN SensiCoco Grow + Bloom w/ tap water

Growing:
    2 x Mephisto - Chemdogging
    1 x Mephisto - Northern Cheese Haze
    1 x Dinafem - Dinamex

Chopped June 30th, 2019. Final yield: 716g plus 329g of larfy buds.

If you are bending and not topping, try to bend so it will fill in a hole, your going to grow in a circle

Follow the stem, find the end. Click image for larger version Name: 20190412_213040.jpg Views: 1 Size: 1.02 MB ID: 304570 Fruit cake punch #B day 19 of flower flip.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

First, I bend all the branches away from my plants center...I only bend towards the center when it needs to fill in an empty space later on after.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

This plant was trained using bending techniques to maintain the canopy hight level. The main Cola was bent to the left and as it grew out I bent any new limbs/branches back and forth creating (I guess you can say grow zones) with individual space. Achieved with all bending. With the advise of Canuck147 and the support of Mr.furley.
        Last edited by Colombo; 05-01-2019, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          I did the bending at water time so the limbs are a little soft and bend with a nice curve and very little stress. As it starts to grow up to the light after a week or two, pull it back down and secure to creat a horizontal plane. The main cola stalk is about 45"

So it sounds like it doesn't matter whether you bend it away from the light, just that it makes it more flat. Im on Day 15 since it emerged, so ill be starting soon. Thanks for the replies!
        First grow started on April 17th, 2019.
        4x4 Grow Tent
        2 X 240W 3000k QB (lm301b). 24/0 light cycle.
        Canna Coco medium, 3 gallon fabric pots
        AN SensiCoco Grow + Bloom w/ tap water

Growing:
        2 x Mephisto - Chemdogging
        1 x Mephisto - Northern Cheese Haze
        1 x Dinafem - Dinamex

Chopped June 30th, 2019. Final yield: 716g plus 329g of larfy buds.

Comment

Colombo nicely spaced and well manicured plant.

As far as which way to bend my grandfather always told me everything will tell you what it needs if you listen long enough. Even rocks and limbs will tell you what they are dying to be. Move each limb towards the outside of the pot in the direction it is already pointed to or is bending that way. If you top the plant your main stem will become 2 and look like this (Y) take the left arm of the y and bend to the left and the right arm will get bent right. I bend them until they are about horizontal with the floor. Dont worry in 2 hours they will face up again. Do that with all main growth tips so they are evenly spaced.

The biggest thing I go for is to fill the footprint of my light. So I want all the horizontal space filled with buds. That way you do not waste any light. Colombos first pic is about a perfect example. No open spots, colas openly spaced, plenty of airflow around the plant. Look around at a few of the growers to get ideas. Tika always has perfect plants, Doubledealing72 and well alot of others to many to list. Obi-Wan alltatup oldjarhead100 etc etc etc.

Also look up the post on quadlining it is pretty neat but an advanced technique.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the complement Spidermite !!

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            And Mr.furley i didnt tag you because you were alreadyin the post. So sorry But left out Canuck147 Toker is already in the thread and he has some pretty lasses atm as always. Again to many to list.

Thanks for the shout Spidermite! I wouldn't have seen this post without it.

I have to agree with everyone here, bend away from the center. You are correct in saying you are going for an even canopy rather than trying to get the branch in the spot where the most light will hit it. The quadlining post is in my sig so if you can't find the link it's right there.

Good luck, and post some pics!
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Top at least 2 times and bend out for at least 4 main colas...topping creates more colas top once get 2 colas...top another get two more....
            Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
            Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
            GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
            photoperiod feminized seeds
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X