Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help reading N test

A picture of the soil N test.
    A picture of the plant. It looks to me like the test is showing me my N is off the chart. I switched to flowering today. None of my flowering nutes have N.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Hello Gingerbeard, What type of soil are you growing in and what type of lighting? Your plants color look good ! What is the runoff PH ? you can boost the N if needed But I would think with the leaves drooping down Could be too much/not enough water and not enough lighting. IMO. lower your light closer to the canopy and watch the leaves and raise as needed.

Comment

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      When you check the color do you look at it in natural daylight background,(proper way) and if not try it. Also wait till all sediment settles for correct color.

Where don’t get a test like that? and is there other test kits for like p and k?

Comment

Hey Cali, This is what I use when needed for my soil testing picked up on Amazon. Works very well. Good Growing !!

Comment

Did you do more than 1 test. I've used those kits a few times not sure I liked results. For like 40 bucks I send samples to my state lab the results were off from the test kits bought in store. No that I have a good soil mix established I won't test unless I see a issue that points to soil

Comment

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey KTM690, I use it when I mix my soil for a base line and if needed during the grow. I also compare runoff to test results for accuracy. Nothing is 100% but this keeps me safe when maintaining PH. I also use strips and 2 pens for checks and balance. Just recalibrated the pens today.

• KTM690
          KTM690 commented
          Editing a comment
          Always good to test every angle

Black Magic soil with the GO Box for nutes under 350 watt Viparspectra LED.
        I haven't done runoff tests because this kit I have uses the soil itself. Using their directions, my pH is right around 6.5. My P and K are within a good range.
        The test was being read on a white surface with a white background and a white LED.
        The test was bought at Home Depot and is the one Columbo is showing in #4. The kit contains N, P, K, and pH. Honestly, I bought this one because it was the cheapest.
        Since I just went to flowering and did my first nute last night, lowering N, I'm going to test in another couple nutes.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

I've been using the Bio-marine bottle from my GO Box from beginning to end on my first few harvests. I haven't gotten big buds but I've gotten plenty of big leaves when flowering. The Bio-Marine is 2-3-1 and is listed as an 'optional' addition. This is stopping during flowering. I don't see any problem with the plants. My experience with other plants tells me dark green leaves are healthy leaves on a healthy plant as long as they don't look... hurt. Wilted or browned edges or junk or stuff or whatnot. These'uns look like triathletes and should have been the picture I posted instead of the interior shot.

Really, I'm just trying to find out what I'm seeing on this particular test. The P, K, and pH are all great and easy to read and are great. The N looks of the charts. Anyone see anything else or is too hard to read?
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• KTM690
            KTM690 commented
            Editing a comment
            Test might be good maybe something got messed up with nutes. Do you shake up your bottles before use?? I give my plants fish shit when young right up to flower then just a touch of it the first 2 weeks then shut off n and go with molasses and guano for the rest. Results have been great since I got off nute lines with 3 or 4 different things at 1 time. First flower I give a little humic acid to unleash any built up crap in soil. Great smooth potent buds ever since

I would say your tester is close and the plant has enough nitrogen for now. You don't want Dark green leaf, shinny leaf, and "the claw" .
          Does your plant have "the claw?" The talon-like leaves that are bent at the ends are a sign that your plant may have nitrogen toxicity. Learn how to fix it.

Health green leaf that lays horizontal is a happy cannabis leaf.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Hello Gingerbeard. This is some info on your soil, top line states why your leaves are dark green. This will change as your plant feeds during the grow. Your plant will tell you when it is ready for nutes or at 30 days start a half feed of nutes and build up as plant requires it.

CHOOSE YOUR GROWING MEDIUM
            Black Magic Potting Soil is a great place to start. Ideal for indoor and outdoor growing, it provides a supernatural foundation for your plants. Dark and rich with natural goodness baked in, it’s good to grow. “No need to worry about adding fertilizer or supplements for the first 30 days.

1. ADD PLANT FOOD
              Black Magic All-Purpose Fertilizer is a broad-spectrum nutrient that you can feed your plants at nearly any stage of the growing process. (After Black Magic Potting Soil has worked its nutrient magic for 30 days). Keep in mind our All-Purpose Fertilizer is a super food that even the most sophisticated growers use, so no need to customize.

2. ADD SUPPLEMENTS
              Supplements, depending on the specific product and the plant they’re being used on, can be used throughout the entire growing process. Use Black Magic All-Purpose Supplement at any stage of the growing process to boost your root, leaf, or flower development. Use Black Magic Bloom Boost specifically for the bloom stage of your flowering plants.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Lots of information. Thanks, Colombo. I didn't know Black Magic made nutes. Maybe when I'm done with my GO Box I'll give it a try.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X