Gorilla glue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorilla glue

Anyone growing or grown gorilla glue? I'm in week 5 of flower and my buds are starting to fatten up. However I'm noticing there aren't a lot of big buds, even the colas arent very big. Just golf ball shaped buds everywhere. Is this a common trait of gorilla glue? I'm not complaining just curious. Here's a few pics

Depends on your set up and what kind
    of light.
    Here is my Canuk GG4 at 5 weeks.
    And again this weekend.
    Last edited by MBVapester; 04-19-2019, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Nice looking plants! I'm growing in a rdwc setup with a 1000w hortilux hps. I let my plants grow a bit huge. They're coming up on 7 feet from the buckets. So that might play a factor. Question, do you start counting flowering time at the time of your light flip or at the first sign of flower?

Comment

Hey SirSmksAlot, Hope all is well ! I just harvested a Gorilla Glue Auto from 420 Fast Buds seed 0n 3/14/19 in soil. I got 2oz from her dry. The main cola was 40 gr wet , plant total was 258 gr wet. it was never aggressive in growth, kinda just grew. LOL The smoke is nice, good head buzz that settles in and becomes a work weed. Good focus makes tasks enjoyable. IMO. Was worth the time to grow ! Here's a couple photos.
        Last edited by Colombo; 04-20-2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
          SirSmksAlot commented
          Editing a comment
          Things are good my friend! That was a nice looking plant. Just like a Christmas tree! My girls stretched like crazy. I can't wait till they fill out more. The only problem I've had so far this grow has been height issues and because of that I've got a few burnt leaves. But oh well.

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          I should have given it another wk but satisfied. Have a start soon of a Gorilla Glue and White Cheez autos grow again.

I grew the #4 cut from a club in CA. The colas were nice and dense. Frosty and flavorful. Where did you pick up your genetics from?
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
          SirSmksAlot commented
          Editing a comment
          I got them from dinafem

• SirSmksAlot
          SirSmksAlot commented
          Editing a comment
          They're just marketed as "gorilla"

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah. Got ya. I believe Dark Horse makes a decent one.
          I am surprised. Dinafem has always been good to grow.

If I remember correctly and thats a huge if I was growing GG and during there last week all I fed them was Molasses and water they doubled in size in 3 days, So they bulk up at the end of grow
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
          SirSmksAlot commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya the buds are quite dense already. Lots of golf ball sized buds. I'm not disappointed, I'm just hoping to see them bulk up.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          they will mine doubled in last few days

I just grew RQS's Royal Gorilla, and they indicated in their description that yiels are moderate. Some chemovars don't grow huge buds--and I say chemovar because there are genetic differences between one breeder's seed and another's. I mean, there isn't one single strain of Gorilla where all the buds are supposed to look exactly alike.

Can everyone list their breeder?
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
          SirSmksAlot commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya who knows what strain this is exactly. I've read that the stems are purple with gorilla glue and mine are not.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I remember the original gorilla glue #4 was a clone only strain. Just like the Thin mint cut of Girl Scout cookies. No seed of either one of these strains are the original that everyone went nuts over. None the less, I’m sure these versions are still very potent and good. The ancestor genetics are similar, but the mother and father used to create those seeds are not the same phenotypes used to create the original. So it’s going to be a variation of the original.

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          420 Fast Buds Gorilla Glue Auto purchased from Seedsman, Black Friday 2018

Originally posted by alltatup View Post

Can everyone list their breeder?
        Canuk which is TNSB house brand.

Comment

I compared various Gorillas and decided to go with RQS Royal Gor and Dinafem Gor because they won multiple cannabis cups. Gorilla's parents are Chocolate Diesel x Chem Sister and Sour Dubb. Dinafem claims theirs is the original GG#4. And RQS explains that you don't grow this strain for huge harvests, but rather for its strength and quality.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I’m popping a herbies gorilla glue today. I’ll let you know how it compares to the clone I picked up from the club here in CA about 4 years ago.
          Buy Cannabis Seeds Online At Herbies • High Quality Marijuana Seeds For Sale • BONUS Pot Seeds With Every Order • Get FREE Seeds For Every €20 Spent
          Attached Files

Comment

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            Toker1 Well did you clone that clone?

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	306041Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	2.51 MB ID:	306042Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	306043 Began sequentially harvesting a GG4 Expert Seeds Auto on April 11th. Main cola came in at 2 oz. 2 of 3 of these seeds made it the third germinated without a tap root. As you can see the two survivors are totally dissimilar.
          Last edited by starramus; 04-20-2019, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Buds are starting to fill out more. They are foxtailing a bit but they seem to be doing it everywhere not just on the light stressed buds. The tricoms are very dense. Buds are almost white. I'm guessing another 3 weeks or so till they are ready. Can't wait!

Comment

Just transplanted my GG from Herbies Bulk. I’ll let you know how she turns out.

Comment

Im growing Nirvanas Original Glue now. Ill have some kind of idea how it goes in 8 weeks. Im also growing fast buds Gorilla Glue so can make a refernce to both.

I know GG4 was originloriginally a clone only strain. All seeds were unstable. If this has been fixed im not aware of it. Seed companies claim to have GG4 but some claim massive yields some moderate.
                You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s the same parental strains usually, but different phenotypes. I was lucky enough to pick up the #4 from a dispensary about 5 years ago. I’ll let you know how they compare today.

• Spidermite
                  Spidermite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would like to know.

Anyone else ever have verified GG4 to compare the new strains to?

zamnesia gorilla glue,

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X