Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to know if Sativa-led strains are suitable for main lining training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to know if Sativa-led strains are suitable for main lining training.

1: All seeds start from 10 / 3, 13 / 3 sprout! 2: Light configuration 630CDM * 2盏315CDM * 4盏3: Cocoa coconut + perlite + air tank (30cm diameter * 40cm high) 4: Feed = 3 accompaniment + calcium magnesium + silica gel + seaweed liquid + B52 + root rot fungus 5 : All seeds are feminine in all photoperiods

Hello everyone! I am very busy recently; I took some photos today (the shooting skills are not good, please forgive me!) They are 1 = Jack Herrill, 2 = Super Lemon Fog (A), 3 = Cinderella 99 (A), 4 = Gray Girl 99 (B), 5 = Super Lemon Diesel, 6 = Bruce Bangor, 7 = Super Silver Smoke (A), 8 = Blueberry, 9 = Super Silver Smoke (B - This seems to be a pygmy leaf that is dark green, petiole The knot is very short; from the beginning they lag behind other girls, I think it should be a seed! I hope someone will give me advice!), 10 = Utopia haze (A), 11 = Utopia haze (B), 12 = super Lemon Fog (B) ), 13 is the height close-up of Cinderella 99, 14 is the height close-up of Super Lemon Diesel, 15 is a close-up of Cinderella (B), 16 is a close-up of Bruce Bange, 17 is a close-up of Utopia haze, 18,19 is a side photo of the group! All the girls who sprouted from the seeds have been vegetarian for 35 days! The pots are 30 cm in diameter and 40 cm in height; they have been under excessive watering and nutritional errors since they started sprouting; I made a mistake in their 15 days; and made the main lining in 30 days (again Thanks to the nebula and website) support! I made some changes on the basis of the nebula~ I made two layers of main lining in each of the second, third, or third and fourth parts of the plant, depending on the different properties of each plant. Main lining of the factory building>; and the main lining distortion treatment every day; the purpose is to make the stem of the main lining thicker <I don't know if these practices or the pressure on the plants are correct! But I want to try it! When the main lining of the plant, because the Bruce Bangor and Super Lemon Hazel (A) side lost the trunk of the third node, they now have only one arm less than the other girls; so they only end, I am sorry to get 12 Main lining! Some other damage caused by bending or squeezing, I used aluminum foil adhesive to handle it, and now everything seems to be fine! I have been leaf treatment for all plants for 30 days now; I don't want those big blades to block the light of every young main lining! I don't want those leaves to catch the nutrients in the main lining! Although I know that the leaves seem to be very valuable for the dominant plants, I still want to try the results of the early leaves! Maybe I will cherish every leaf of the plant! Of course~ I especially hope that some friends can provide some suggestions; I will think carefully and decide! I am a beginner and would like to accept different opinions! Thanks again for the great forum and nebula!

Supplementary photo

Comment

Hey there mingzhu. I've had really good luck with mainlining both sativa and indica dominant strains. I believe that as long as you're growing a photo period plant, mainlining will be beneficial. Nice training!

Comment

• mingzhu
        mingzhu commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your praise

Indica dom is usually better for this because you can grow long colas that are less branchy. Branchy plants are not suited as well because you can not grow the long colas desired in the mainlining technique. Sativa is typically more branchy, but not all fall into that category. My white buffalo is Satvia dom. Not branchy at all. So mainlining works well with that particular strain.
      If you don’t know if a strain is branchy or not, best to use another method until you find out for sure. Might be good to note that strain is not the only factor, but phenotypes of a strain may be more or less branchy as well.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• mingzhu
        mingzhu commented
        Editing a comment
        Your opinion is very good, some things I have done research, the only thing I can't be sure is how the strain of Jack Herrill (from seedsman) and the super lemon haze (from the greenhouse) will be, I need to try! Although the result is not what you want! thank you!

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Can always check out other people’s grows with those strains and see if any of them are sporting large long colas. I know that Jack Herrera has many phenotypes. So that might take some trial and error. Or if you find a not so branchy one, you could keep her and clone her. Just flower her clones until you can’t anymore.

Hello mingzhu, Your plants are very beautiful!! Your training is excellent, and I am not exaggerating. Each plant looks healthy and vigorous in growth. I especially loved the beautiful leaves on plant # 9.

I had a friend on another forum who mainlined an extremely tall-growing Sativa plant (Purple Haze x Malawi), and he trained for many weeks, thus the stretch during flower was definitely contained by all of the training. So I say yes, it is indeed possible to do with a Sativa plant.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I got mine when I just turned 45. I have grinning skulls on my back, laughing in the face of death.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm going to get one of a frog in a cape and cowl with a scythe. It's a grim leaper.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Gingerbeard That's awesome!!! I love the idea of the Grim Reaper as a frog: it doesn't have to be so grim after all, does it? ;-}

There is time today, so update the photos of the girls. The pictures are marked with numbers corresponding to ~1, 2 are Cinderella XX, 5, 6 are their main lining close-up; 18 is the top close-up; 3, 4 is Jack Herrill; 17 is Bruce Bangor (just trained again); 7, 8 is Utopia haze; 9 is super lemon diesel; 10, 11 is super silver smoke; 12, 13 is super lemon haze; 14 is blueberry; 15 because the seeds sprout Some confusion I am not sure whether the Northern Storm is automatic or is the sour grape Kush or Colombian gold (I personally judge that it should be Northern Storm Automation, I hope that experienced buddies give some advice, thank you!) 16 is an automatic diesel engine (this is an experience A lot of painful girls; I received the damage from the germination of the main root; I fell from the air three times in the solo cup and was naked! But I did not abandon her, she is also strong and is recovering now)

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        They all look fantastic, mingzhu!

Continue to add photos

Comment

From the current point of view, these plants, Cinderella, Bruce Bangor, Utopia haze, super silver fog, lemon diesel, blueberries have a good response to the main lining training; super lemon haze and Jack Herrill, still need to see the performance behind Their stems are relatively thin! Very happy; yesterday I finally found out why plants don't drink a lot of water~ Their runoff is in the tray of the pot, I didn't clean it up, I found that the roots of the plant stretched out from the bottom about 3 inches! I made a correction and used a small fan to give the pot a wind; girls like it! They took off quickly!

Comment

Last summer outdoor grow I had a huge 8ft jack herer sativa that I could not finish in time. I had to bend it way over and squeeze some branches so they'd bend at 90 degrees to fit it into my greenhouse and finish it off mid oct. It was awesome, just do it.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• mingzhu
            mingzhu commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you

How about training sativa vs. Indica? I'm pretty sure what I have now is bag seed sativa. The branches are stiff from the get go and I'm not going to try to supercrop because the main branches are like wood. Only from the tip to about 4 leaf sets down have a chance at supercropping. And I'm pretty sure what bag seed I've grown has been Indica. Those branches keep some of their pliability throughout.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Topping and LST are still viable options.

From the seed on the 49th day, the 46th day after the germination; they are growing like crazy beasts; I did a simple defoliation last night, and today they see that they are recovering very well! I plan to wash the darkness for another 36 hours in 3 days, then turn over the flowering, I will again make the leaves in the week to expose the buds to the light; I hope to hear about the leaves; I can hear the opinions of others; thank you very much!

Comment

Forgot to say; the white marks on the leaves you see are not bad powdery mildew! They are the white leaves left by the foliar spray (potassium dihydrogen phosphate) I gave yesterday!

Comment

Beautiful girlz! Nice work man. I manifold all my plants whether Indica/Sativa because of height issues in my tent. I am going to do some of that Quadlining on the next four. Cheers!

Comment

• mingzhu
                mingzhu commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you

After 24 hours of darkness, I entered the flip 12/12 today. Before the darkness, I did a lot of defoliation; I don't know if it is correct, this is some photos.

Comment

Forgot to take photos of the removed leaves, but they weigh about 1000 grams! From 12 factories; I will follow the defoliation process again in the next 3 weeks according to their progress! Thanks to some of the great growers of the Nebula and the forum; everything I do is in the direction of their guidance!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Morning mingzhu your plant training is lovely and I don't think you defoliated to much at all. Looks perfect and healthy strong branches. Your gonna see those little budlets grow strong an tall colas. My grows are mostly indica dominant but I do grow hybrid and have grown pure sativas but only outdoor. I've bent supercrop defoliated they can get huge and take along time to finish outdoors that Jack Herer I did last year outdoor 10gal pot would of grown over 12ft. if i'd not bent it plucked it and supercrop. I somehow fit it through the doorway of my greenhouse and it took abit over 6months seed to finish but that's Oregon never know when fall rains will start hence I don't grow them much now. Great Job !!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X