Water cloning success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water cloning success!

Just want to share that I've actually gotten water cloning to work, with minimal stem prep--all I did for this newest clone was the original cut and took off a few lower leaf sites. I used some of my MegaCrop water for the medium, covered the container (glass jar inside an opaque pot with a black foam collar covering everything and supporting the stem) and put it in a sunny window. Not only is it rooting but happily putting off new growth.
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Neat-o! I've wanted to try this. I've had real good success rooting ficus and other houseplants in water. Never had any real success with rooting hormones. How long did it take?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Easy peasey and good morning yep cloned many a plant with great success. Took em from the bottom took em from tips just don't let the light get through. Took me about 10days to see alittle hair. I use megacrop couple times throughtout my grows good stuff.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I notice you're using a 300 watt LED in a 2x3. I have a 350 in a 2x2 for flowering and T5's next door in a 1x2 for vegging. Perpetual harvest. I was using a single 3 gallon pot with a couple 1 gallon that had small, lollipopped (over defoliated throughout.) I finally decided two, two gallon pots fit nicely. My current two spent 8 weeks vegging under T5's in 1 gallon pots before going to LED for a week under 50% light. I'm going another week at 100% before flowering. If I can put together some sort of box for vegging I'm considering opening up my tent to 2x3.
      How many plants do you grow at a time? How tall is your tent? What size crop do you get? Do you veg and flower in your 2x3? Any suggestions on small plant strains? If a train leaves Kalamazoo, Michigan...

• WeirdWiredWolf
      WeirdWiredWolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Gingerbeard, I flower one at a time in the tent, veg is in a sunny window for the most part...I tried flowering two in there, which was a mistake but granted I did a shit job training them (like not at all/too little too late). Yield from the first single-plant successful harvest was around 4 oz or so (I think my biggest single cola was about a foot long--that was fun to work with). This heirloom I'm working with now (no idea what it is) stretches like mad if you're not watching/tying down every few days.

Yes, growth of the branch continues into the rooting process. Then pauses as the roots get larger. Then growth will take off again shortly after.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

My pictures didn't show up in my last post.
      The flower chamber has the LED turned off with a T5 turned on
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

I want to say root growth to that stage took about 10 days--nutes in the water probably didn't hurt. I'll have to try it again with a plain-water control and take notes this time This method definitely makes things easier in the limited space I have.
        ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          In my experience plain tap wont get them to root any faster... but your success rates will increase in the number of clones taken. I’m also using an aero cloner, so slight difference.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X