• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    I use them alot.

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    .......and it is important to remember that picking the proper Training Method for the pheno expression your plant is showing is invaluable.

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    homegrown.
    I have run two different strains, both had one plant that was topped and a clone(s) of that plant that was just LST in a spiral, the Tahoe OG in this thread is one of them, yield was 144 grams and it's mother that was topped and trained yield 147 grams. The other grow was the same way except the first plant was spiraled, the next two were a manifold , and the Forth was topped and trained per this tutorial, all yielding within 4 grams of each other. There is no benefit in my opinion to which way to train only ease of training and preference. Topping is less work by just chipping then all the bending in straight Lst or constant plant manipulation of manifolding, one thing is for sure you will get better bud products from one the three vs. A untrained plant.
    Suppercrpping is an invaluable tool, use it.

• Farmall
    replied
    Binder clips... Started using these of fabric pots....
    only had 2-3 slip off out of 60 or so

Leave a comment:

• homegrown
    replied
    Hey Mr.furley, this is awesome stuff...im growing my first grow using LST. All is going great so far. My question is this..Will i get much more bud production if i top it as well? Does this just make the canopy wider/larger? And the bending till it breaks thing just freaks me out lol. thanks hg

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    replied
    billyboy the metal cubes
    AmazonBasics 4 Cube Grid Wire Storage Shelves, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0735CKD6R..._HAFzDb95PPG3S
    can be found at thrift stores and garage sales for cheap I use them for everthing. On a five gallon bucket to water, over saucers, on tubes, and yes you can punch holes in your fabric pots, zip tie them to the bottom and use it for a Anchor Point for a wide range of training.

I have got plant training to a point that I just tie them off to the side of the pot and haven't use one like a scrog for a long bit, if you keep a eye out you will see them in most of my pictures.

Farmall to achieve on the level is a great accomplishment and can up your game when applied to the whole tent, this is just training off the pot with no net.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20181120_171908.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	332979
    thanks guys and hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• billyboy
    replied
    @Mr.furley can you talk about the individual screens you have in those pics? That is a pretty cool innovation. So you give each plant its own "SCROG"? And re-tie to it as they grow? Looks like you can move each plant individually and still have easy anchor points. Am I seeing what I think I see?

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    replied
    Thank you for linking this to your post. No idea how I missed it other than I was taking those classes and they were excellent. The replay of class videos and material is available til next June and all I find myself doing is re-watching and re-reading.

These photos you’ve posted clarify several things for me. Particularly the flat top creation which I have finally achieved. And I am beginning to wonder about a side by side / indoor and outdoor comparison. I have seen a few giant outdoor plants but none of them have had those thick long colas. But that is limited to my minimal exposure.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    replied
    FCP clones A and B were put into flowering on 5/26.
    by 6/2 the FCP A was uncontrollably bushy so the cycle starts again.

Name:	20190603_212920.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	314057
    After defoliation

Name:	20190605_213549.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	314058
    This Fruit Cake Punch is the fastest flowering plant I have ever grown but the yields is small, off both plants there was 170 grams total last round, I'm hoping that a couple changes I made will push that number up this go around.
    Small yield or not it it some frosty buds.

Name:	20190605_213640.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	314059

Thanks for checking in.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    The training pics are so helpful, Furley!!!

• Mr.furley
    replied
    It has been a looooooong week of work so I shall catch up a couple things.

FCP clone after two days

Name:	20190502_194608.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	309612
    watered and training. 5/2

Name:	20190502_194915.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	309609
    on 5/5

Name:	20190506_030307.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	309610
    And repeat

Name:	20190506_030754.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	309611
    Are you seeing the pattern? I just move the ties from the previous spot to the end of the growth tip. This is when I talk about the circumference of the plant reaching the edge of the pot and that the plant is ready to be transplanted.

here is the other FCP clone completely different phenotype so it gets a different layout.

Name:	20190506_031323.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	309613
    this one grew tall so I'm going for less colas (10) and hope they are on the bigger side.

Here is it's donor FCP plants at day 42 from going into the flowering tent, not from first pistils but start of 12/12. Super fast photoperiod Plants.

Name:	20190506_021737.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	309614Click image for larger version

Name:	20190506_021946.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	928.9 KB
ID:	309615
    hope you enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• uncledoug
    commented on 's reply
    Ah OK I got it.TY

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    Growth tips (nodes) grow in Two's, take the weak one.
    Usually the one grows on the underside of the branch, I take that one.
    Open picture two then three looking at the middle of the plant and the number of growth tips.
    🖒
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 06-12-2019, 05:38 PM.

• uncledoug
    commented on 's reply
    "striped all the weak twins keeping only one growth tip, usually the uphill one"

Mr. Furley, Could you explain what you mean. Maybe I shouldn't have drank and smoked together.lol

• SirSmksAlot
    replied
    Looking mighty fine there Mr.furley

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X