Blasting semi-live and curing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blasting semi-live and curing

My little 1"x8" extraction tube came just as I was looking for something productive to do. I blasted what detritus I had from manicuring the first few plants I've grown. Not a lot but enough to fill the tube. The plant matter had had various amounts of drying time, being from various plants.
    I've done this with a 12" tube using dispensary weed. Properly dried and cured type weed. What I just blasted still had plenty of moisture I could see and touch it in the dish. Wet, odorless, not sticky. I've never seen this in dispensary weed. Just sharing, is all.
    How do live extracts cure if compared to curing flower? Does live resin continue to cure like flower?

(((And dang I was super careful! Ventilation like I was on a Caribbean island. I took Dabber's lighter and gave her a pen. Didn't even blast into warm water to cut down on the amount of fumes being released at once. I've opted for a heating pad on my stove. Time doesn't matter. Slow and low like good BBQ. I'm an idiot for having done it in the first place and don't recommend anyone do it. I'm so sorry.)))
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Curing literally means drying and hardening. So yes, when hot live resin cools down it’s technically curing.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Guy in bar to a babe: Hey babe, would you like to see my supercritical fluid?
      Babe: Not this week, honey; I'm waiting for a phase change.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Guy in bar to babe: C’mon babe, I thought we had chemistry.
      Babe: really? Cause you barely qualify as biology.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Guy in bar to babe: Oh snap baby, don't be cruel. Come smoke some of my home grown. I'm a master grower and a hippie at heart.
      Babe: Hmmm, let's go.

I don't know the starting weight of the plant material. The end result is a 3/4 gram tar-like sticky, tan ball of a real fine resin. 5 hours on a 100 degree heating pad. Another 14 overnighting in the microwave. It's easier on the throat than the dispensary gram sitting next to it and is all head. There might be a little grassy taste to it but otherwise is a great tasting and smelling bit. I wonder if the water I mentioned in my first post had something to do with the grassy taste. Next time I see it it gets sopped up.
    My latest harvest spent almost 5 days drying. My control bud didn't lose any weight overnight so it all went Mason. I'm real tempted to blast these few grams instead of letting them cure.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you plan on heating the material to 100F in the end.... I don’t think curing your buds will do any justice. My thought process is that many of the terpenes will vaporize at that temp or lower. Slow curing buds is done to savor those terpenes. So seems kind of pointless to spend time on.

Yes i forget which one but one of the main terpenes start to vaporize at 68 degrees.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Blasting happened. It comes down to enjoying concentrates more than flower. Even the superfine blueberry haze I have, full of crystals, smells like blueberry pancakes with a little diesel, winds up tasting like burning plant. And I quit tobacco partly because of what the smoke did to my throat, lungs, and breath. Pot smoke does the same things. What I just blasted is a fair smoke for a beginner. But blasting it makes a much better product for me to use. Probably going to get punched in the eye by some old head for saying that. I'll always burn a few nugs of what I grow. In the end I'll probably wind up blasting everything.
      I should mention my dog's name is Dabber.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Nobody will punch you in the eye. I think each person has a favorite way of intaking cannabis that works best with our constitution. I personally love cannabis tincture, and my dog is named Everclear.

Just kidding: that's not his name, but Dabber is a great name! ;-}

I love vaporizers for that exact reason. Never knew all the aromas and scents I was missing by smoking it. Nothing like a great vaporizer for that reason.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Talk about a whole new experience when you use a good one. Who knew that all the flavor profiles were actually dead on. I vap for flavor and love it.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        If some badnik ever forces a bowl on you, you can vape the bowl by bringing the flame slowly and not getting too close.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        With my MV1 vape, each crucible holds 1/10th gm; I have two crucible carriers holding 5 each, so that's a gram of bud. I think I vape around 2.5-3 gms per week with this vape, and that saves me so much bud it's insane. When I think back to a few years ago smoking cones with friends and how much bud that used up...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X