GJ1: Sweet Black Cream and Nirvana Lemon OG Autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GJ1: Sweet Black Cream and Nirvana Lemon OG Autos

I was going to wait longer and put these outside, but decided since I am growing vegetable seedlings for the garden under 18/6 anyways, I'd throw these in there and finish off late spring inside. I picked them because Nebula had recommended them for one reason or another. I chose the black cream because it just looks gnarly and awesome. Also, one is mostly sativa, one is mostly indica. I know 20/4 is better but I don't think my other seedlings can handle it. Both of these say the flowering time is 8 weeks. I am skeptical and am planning for longer, but we shall see! I've just started them germinating in a wet paper towel. Hopefully I keep up with this journal.

2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
    4" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
    Fan in tent for airflow
    1 x 450W Vipaspectra LED
    Fox Farm Ocean Soil
    Advanced Nutrients (3 'core' plus Big Bud, B-52, Overdrive)

Current Grow: 2x 3 gal fabric pot. Seeds are from Herbies
    1x Sweet Black Cream Auto
    1x Nirvana Lemon OG Haze

I am going to use one light for now and probably eventually two. I did LST on my last auto and it worked great but from what I have read, I can top or manifold these and have no problems. Not quite sure what I am going to do, going to wait and see how healthy they are.
    Last edited by WizardsNThings; 03-28-2019, 10:00 AM.
    2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
    6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
    Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
    260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Topping works really well on autos. Doing alot of training does slow then down in my exp but the yields go up alot.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Successful germination. Into the 3 gallon pots. Decided to use fox farm ocean because it worked well last time and couldn't get the other kind. I did a solo cup sized hole in the middle with an organic seed starter mix, and put the seeds about an inch in the soil. Can't wait for them to pop up!
      2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
      260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Day 8: Both have emerged from the soil (2 days ago).
        2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
        260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Congrats good job I'm hooked on autos waiting on some from nirvana atm can't wait

Comment

• WizardsNThings
            WizardsNThings commented
            Editing a comment
            I've only done two autos, and one didn't auto. Hoping these are much better! I like the control of just doing shorter photos, but curious to see what I get out of these

Off to a good start!
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

9 Days: Plants look almost identical and are healthy. Keep chugging along! Do members start their dates for journals from when they start soaking a seed, or from germination? Or neither?
            2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
            260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              I mark the day i drop seeds and then start counting the day they pop.

• Doubledealing72
              Doubledealing72 commented
              Editing a comment
              It's your journal, you can count however you want lol. I always count day 1 as soon as the seed goes into the rapid rooter.

Plants are looking good!

I'm sub love the strains, noticed a sale going for Seedman on these today. Also use the vipers. I count from the day I drop the little tales into the soil as seedling day 1 (that's me way). Great job so far, liking their home it appears. 18/6 is what I use also so I am gonna tag along.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

15 Days: Still doing great and look healthy. Black Cream looks to be slightly outpacing the Lemon OG Haze. 3 sets of leaves so I'll probably top towards the end of the week. Leaning towards LST for both after just because I've had good luck with it.
              Last edited by WizardsNThings; 06-04-2019, 09:49 AM.
              2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
              260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

21 Days: I went to California for 6 days and they had more than doubled in size. So fast! After this I topped them and decided to do LST for both. The fan leaves are huge already!
                2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
                260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

27 Days: Doing LST every couple days now, really growing fast. There are so huge fan leaves making it a bit tricky to get light to some parts but I really don't want to remove any. They are short and squat and a bit hard to photograph. Already seeing some pistils.
                  2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
                  260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Morning Wizards your plants are really looking healthy very green tight spacing is good. How far is your light now from the tops? First plant looks good with the leaf amount, second photo plant if it were mine i'd remove the very large bottom fan leaves. Being short plants need space for air circulation just remove a few leaves they are gonna stretch as you may know. The LST looks good also, I don't mess to much with my auto's just bend and spread out like your doing.

• WizardsNThings
                    WizardsNThings commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd say it's about 14-16". That's a good call - I went ahead and removed a few large fan leaves that were basically on the soil. They are growing fast so it shouldn't be an issue. I guess I should change my light to full flower mode since there are pistils. Right now it's just on veg / bluer light

Totally up to you when to flip your in the zone to do so, 5ft high tent so your call. They look great gonna be fun to watch them stretch. Have fun!
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• WizardsNThings
                    WizardsNThings commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They are actually autos! I just realized I had my light on veg still and went and reread the instructions and I should've had it on bloom and veg for a little while now Oh well!

38 Days: Growing fast now! Had a friend over and didn't check much for two to three days and they needed some leaves taken off and some more LST. The Lemon OG Haze has a fairly nice even canopy, the Black Cream has been a bit hard to make even but doing well. I've never checked PH and use Advanced Nutrients which are supposed to be PH balanced. I could probably get more scientific about it but I've never had any major plant issues so I figured why bother. They've spread out a bit and started shading out a Wonder Woman and Strawberry Cough I started about 3 weeks ago to move outside in late June so had to reconfigure a bit. All good now!
                  2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
                  260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looking really good Wizards nice and green. I been busy with both veggie and weed in my tent also, was a little crowded but got the peppers and tomots in the glorious sunshine now. Finally shut down the vipras for summer moving all outdoors. Got my girls outdoors now in the greenhouse but will move them into final sunny area soon. Those autos really grow fast when you got everything dialed in right you are doing it well for first time autos. Me personally don't feed my autos to heavy specially if your soil is real healthy. And I do defoliate more in the center to let the light get through but only several big fan leaves at a time. Your in flower now so watch the nitrogen keep watching how they look, don't let them feed too much. Your going to get more space to spread out your plants. You going to grow them outside now?

Looks great! For now - lack of properly balanced water could still come later and knock you on your arse.
                  ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                  Mars Hydro
                  Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by WizardsNThings View Post
                    38 Days: Growing fast now! Had a friend over and didn't check much for two to three days and they needed some leaves taken off and some more LST. The Lemon OG Haze has a fairly nice even canopy, the Black Cream has been a bit hard to make even but doing well. I've never checked PH and use Advanced Nutrients which are supposed to be PH balanced. I could probably get more scientific about it but I've never had any major plant issues so I figured why bother. They've spread out a bit and started shading out a Wonder Woman and Strawberry Cough I started about 3 weeks ago to move outside in late June so had to reconfigure a bit. All good now!
                    The autos are staying inside. I have two others that will move outside. Unfortunately it is a slow spring here so all my peppers and tomatoes will keep growing inside now. I thin leaves here and there but with the autos I am not sure how much I can do and have them be resilient. They are definitely hardy. I pull big ones from the bottom and open up bud sites, and leave it at that
                    2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
                    260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X