Keeping mothers small

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping mothers small

Happy spring everyone! I received a wonderful gift of 2 clones yesterday. One og kush and another strain my friend has been working on called gorilla grape gum. However I'm not really set up for a perpetual grow style. I've been vegging ang flowering in the same area and I'm currently in the middle of flower. I do have a 4 foot 4 bulb t5 fixture that I have for starting my food seeds, so I plan on using that for now. The problem is I'm limited for height until I purchase a tent. Are there any particular ways that I could keep these mother plants on the small side? My ideas are some topping and training along with the lightest feed schedual that I can get away with without starving the plants. I also just transplanted them into 3 gallon fabric pots with a soiless mix that I built out of some promix with microriza, perlite and coco coir. 50/30/20. Ideally I'd just like to get a 4x2 tent but money is a bit tight atm. Priorities you know lol. This might quickly become a priority though.

Look up bonsi mother plants. That’s how I keep mine.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Cool man thank you

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        No prob. Let me know if you have questions about maintenance of the plants.

Wanted to post an update on my bonsi mother's. The one is off to a Rocky start but my og is doing well. Just started training them last week. They are clones from flowering plants that got re vegged. Thanks for the idea Toker1!

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good there. You got it!!

I ended up putting mine in a couple of 7gal fabric bags. My goal on mothers is to keep them alive, not to thrive. When I need some cuttings I will give her a bit more light and food to get some vigorous growth and dial it back down after a haircut. After about 5-6 months I will either flower out the mothers or just compost them-repeat as necessary.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
        SirSmksAlot commented
        Editing a comment
        This is my first attempt at keeping mothers. I put them in 3 gallon fabric pots to try to help with keeping the size down. I'm currently feeding as little as I can get away with without causing any deficiencies. I actually have never attempted cloning either so this is completely new territory for me.

NebulaHaze describes the process in great detail. https://www.growweedeasy.com/mother-...-bonsai-mother I monster cropped a White Russian last fall. She is one huge mutha bush Have taken a number of clones from her, but will let her flower out. Should be a monster harvest.

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
        SirSmksAlot commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks starramus, I'm going to check that out.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X