GH nutes
    95-105 gal system total
    CO2 enrichment (not finished yet)
    15x10 shed 9’ ceilings
    well water with RO system in place
    3- top wall mount fans 14”I believe
    1- mid wall fan 8”
    working on a 6-8” air scrubbing system

Temp way higher then idea RH way low (had that propblen the first time). Will have AC Thursday I hope and humidifier

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. No worries.
      Yeah, the AC will bring up the electric bill. Swamp coolers don’t use a compressor or high volume pump. So it’s cheaper to operate. But the AC option offers more precise control over grow room temps.

• George4green
      George4green commented
      Editing a comment
      I see. I knew I was going to need it. My first grow was dead nuts winter and 10 degrees and was still running ac but that was with 2000w HPS/mh

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a lot of energy. Hope the end results were worth it.

266 g dry of GSC unfortunately didn’t get to use full system only had one pop and finish so I thank if I get full system to finish should have a good turn out

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah... I had the thin mint cut. But who knows. Lol

• George4green
      George4green commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol was It like a bad fat free thin mint

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha. That’s no good.

Not sure if this is showing a sign of heat stress or what. What do you guys thank

Comment

New toy /tool readings of lights at 54”

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s not good. Hot stagnet water with nutes goes bad quickly. Especially if there is no air pump oxygenating the mixture.
        If the mixture smells bad, you shouldn’t feed it to your girls.

• George4green
        George4green commented
        Editing a comment
        My nutes/ water mix (feed) is not the issue it’s got everything fine in it. That’s what is 71 degrees. Whole system circulates 7 times and hour (7** gph pump). I’m worried about the concentration of my nutrients I use that is stored in the same room in there original 2.5 gal jug. Basically full (stress = smoke =damn going up more roll another ) my root zone should be fine it just the environment of the air until tomorrow

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yeah. I understand the concern now.
        If your floor insulated or carpeted? If it’s a concrete slab, that could keep the temps a bit on the cooler side.
        I would check with the manufacturer for recommended storing temps.

Nightly check up and data

Comment

Ac IN temps getting better. Not sure why my PPM went up

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, since temp and humidity are dependent on each other. When the temps lower, the RH goes up. As long as nothing else changes. But the compressor in the AC is having an affect as well. So it’s all related.

• George4green
          George4green commented
          Editing a comment
          I figured I would need the humidifier. Just more money to electric. Thought about a bucket of water just sitting on the floor but don’t thank that going to cut it for 1350 cubic feet

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. That’s why I suggested the swamp cooler. A min too late though. Lol
          You can even get one that hold up to a hose for continuous usage. But all in all an AC can get much cooler, so you might want both going.

Ya hopefully I can get out of work early and make it to the store. If not then a 30min drive to the Walmart

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Right on. Just make sure to size the equipment based on your room needs.

• George4green
          George4green commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya been sizing my stuff for about 300 sqft I’m at 150

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice. Can always add a humidity switch later on to help control.

Did two days in this post the humidifier was installed last night

Comment

Noticed this last night. Wouldn’t thank having the plates over nets would do it but the first grow (didn’t use plates) didn’t have an issue

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t use rapid rooters, but when I use rockwool in DWC I do a layer of hydroton, then plant, and another layer of hydroton on top to cover the rockwool cube. As the plant gets taller, I add more layers of hydroton until the net pot is filled up completely.

• George4green
            George4green commented
            Editing a comment
            Ya didn’t know exactly how ppl did there nets. I just did a layer hydroton set my rapid rooter then filled in the sides. I’ll get more in the net today to cover the top better

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, try starting her off low in the pots...when she grows taller, fill the net pot to suit her needs.
            Just make sure in the beginning to have enough hydroton to cover the pot bottom so that no light gets inside the reservoir.

Makes since. My pots have a raised shelf type deal to put the starter plug on. About 1-1 1/2 raise. Seems to work good for how you should ACTUALLY start the pot. I added hydroton to the bottom to bring plant up. Oops oh well. Already got roots thru net so not messing with it

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, agreed. For next grow.

Started my first problem
          ​​​​​​ the GSC (#1 &most leafs) leafs where twisting looking yellow and brown spots on edges. You kinda see spots starting on the GG. PPM at 280ish water temp 70-73 room temp 72-75 RH is now about 50%. Wondering if this is an effect from the harsh three days of 85deg + temp and 15-20%RH

Comment

• George4green
            George4green commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree completely. But my ph has been steady at 5.7-6.0 since I transplant to system

• George4green
            George4green commented
            Editing a comment
            I would personally like 5.8-6.2 flex from my research of nutes/ph up take but I guess you can’t get everything you want to work

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            For DWC, on Sunday I either do a reservoir change or add ph down (switch off every other week). I adjust to 5.5 and let it swing back up to 6.5. It’s typically Wednesday by that time and then I PH down to 5.5 again. Repeat the process over again beginning on Sunday. I add more water when needed and use the Lucas formula to replace nutrients.
            Getting the 5.5 through 6.5 is important for healthy plants because different elements absorb at different PH values. .

Here is a PH vs element absorption chart. Anything under 6.0 makes calcium unabsorbable for the plant. This element is necessary for healthy plants. Try letting PH range from 5.5-6.5 Ike suggested above and you will most likely see improvements.
          Last edited by Toker1; 03-25-2019, 09:28 PM.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Ok this is what’s going on now. As you can see things are not getting any better. Not seeing much if any growth plus the browning edges and tips with some twisted leaf growth. Had the bad stress after transplant. The board pictures are numbers before and after tonight. Did a flush with flora kleen did all nutes at 50% besides cal mag. Did 5 scoops instead of the 6 of great White as stated on tub

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably just the size of the plants. When they get bigger and start drinking more that may change.

• George4green
              George4green commented
              Editing a comment
              ya was just kinda wondering because I always read on here about ppl ph going all over the place. Kinda made me feel good that I didn’t have that isssue

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ph buffers help limit swing. I think when the roots get larger, their influences on PH in the reservoir will be greater.

10.5 days since plants where put in big system. They seem to being recovering from the isssues nicely. Did have an oops this morning when pulling up one of the pots hit the side on the hole and smashed a nice root. Didn’t brake completely but close to it. So I’m sure that’s going to stunt a little for a couple of days. Moved my lights to 36” last night from the 50” they seem to be liking it this morning.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              In nature animals eat roots all the time. I’m sure it will be fine.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X