No announcement yet.

Are my bud sizes itty bitty, or normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Are my bud sizes itty bitty, or normal?

I'm currently growing 3 different plants (Northern Lights, Somango XXL, POW33 X Berry Bomb). They're all in soil under a 600W Phlizon LED (108W actual consumption). I've been using Fox Farm's trio nutrients according to the soil schedule.

I'm just entering week 7 of flowering, they look healthy, but the bud sights look small. Is this normal at this point? Am I doing something wrong? Will they plump up a lot more in the next few weeks?

Thank you in advance!
    VIVOSUN 36"x20"x62" grow tent
    MARS HYDRO TS 1000W LED
    Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro & Grow
    Mother Earth coco coir

Looking good. I'm assuming those are photo plants I would start counting flower days after first signs of a bud. Next few weeks you will see a big ramp up in the buds for sure. Also not sure your tent size but your light might not b covering all the plants you might get lighter fluffy buds with that 1 led. Good luck and happy growing

Comment

It's a small tent (36" x 20" x 62"). I've attached a photo of a wide shot.

It's my first grow, so I'll refrain from doing more than 2 in the future. I figured I crammed too many plants in it.
      MARS HYDRO TS 1000W LED
      Mother Earth coco coir

Comment

• KTM690
        KTM690 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks on track for sure. Imo this is the worst part of growing your close to the 2 more weeks saying. Prolly more like 3.5 for ya keep doing your thing with them its working.

Ya your plants are looking nice. As ktm690 said, you might want a stronger light. But for what you have they look really good

Comment

Looks fine for what you have. You may see a bit of increase in bud size as the flower matures but you are severely light restricted. 108W of cheap led is enough for approx. 2 sq ft to achieve enough intensity. Plan on 50 w/sq ft for older 'blurple' fixtures or 30w/ sq ft for current tech diodes(QB, strips, cobs).
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

U got a good thing going, addiction lighting ( stronger ) could only make them better, as long as heat and distance from plants are followed. 😎

Comment

Like your setup looks great and nice air movement that light isn't that bad all leds work good these days but if u had 2 in there it would be great. I run 2x 600 watt led in my 4x4 with a few cfl for my smaller plants works great. Pretty sure your light has 2 switches for veg / flower if so u can turn both on for more intense light

Comment

My plant(s) have gotten bigger in the past couple weeks, so I'll keep hanging on!

However, I have noticed a slight burning to edge of some of my leaves on only 1 of my 3 plants. As well, one of the colas' tips have started to dry up and curl upward. Any idea what that could be?
              MARS HYDRO TS 1000W LED
              Mother Earth coco coir

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X