Leaf problem!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaf problem!?

Hey y'all, new here but have been reading and checking out the place, its NICE!!
    I've tried everything and I need some input! At first from what I've read about the symptoms it could be a low nitrogen problem, I upped that, or it could be phosphorus, so I added fertilizer with more of that.

Can anyone diagnose why my leaves have spots, or turn yellow, please?

thanks all,
    mid*

What is your PH like? Could be a deficiency, could also be lock out. Adding more fertilizer will do nothing for lock out.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Could be root rot or fungus problem.
      I would flush with straight water.(amount of water=Volume of container plant is in)
      Half now and the other half in an hour.
      Depending on light schedule, if possible let sit in dark out for 8-10 hrs. to let the plant rest.
      Re-check PH and nutes. Check soil for knats as well.

Comment

Welcome to GWE mid9tgrower it's a Wonderfull place to get away and come to learn how to grow the green. Your soil ph is the most important aspect of your grow! If your soil ph is off so will the nute intake of your plant. As a start run a gal of 6.5 ph'ed water and check the run off, if its off correct it to 6.5 by flushing with 1 gal at a time 6.5 ph tap water, check runoff each time. Once you achieve 6.5, feed at normal rate with Cal Mag and wait till it is damp (not dried out) before next feed/watering. I would also raise the lighting some during the stress period. if the problem is corrected you will see a change fairly quickly . Here is a site to check out also when in a jam. Hope the info helps Good Luck ! Good Growing !! 7-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input!! I'm sorry, in my post I should have said what my PH was running. I don't have a digital PH tester, just the up/down kit. With the testing kit I'm using the tap water runs pretty much between 6 and 7. I did put a lot of water in it last night and got samples out of drain pan and the PH looks to be the same and it is going in. The fertilizer I'm using is Calmag plus and I feed it everytime I water. To every gallon of water I add 6 to 9 mil of Calmag. I have a fan going inside and one sucking air into my grow tent and air exits out the top. When the spots started showing up some leaves were turning yellow, not many but a few which made me think it was a nitrogen problem. I always cut the few yellow ones off and started saving for butter. The only other thing I can think that might affect them is the tent is in a shed that my washer and dryer are in and it's hard to maintain a consistent temp.

Thanks again,
          mid*

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            What is your watering schedule and nutes and the cal mag is generally max 3mil unless for a quick boost. The temp changes may effect water intake for the plants, you think they need it and feed it. Also fan leaves do not contain the elements your looking for. The trimmings of sugar leaves on the buds at harvest are what you want.
            If you think you have adjusted then give them time. Highly recommend a PH pen ! The more you can dial it in the better the grow. Good Growing
            Last edited by Colombo; 03-06-2019, 08:35 PM. Reason: added content

Thank you Colombo!! Do you think I may be feeding to much?? I'm growing in organic soil and a mixture of sand in 4 gal veg pots with a catch pan. I usually water every other day. I water until i see it running into pan and water again when the pan and soil feels dry.
          I took more pics tonight and your response got me thinking about my schedule. I check them every night, and I try and create some humidity by misting them. I've been pulling some of the fertilizer out and putting it in mist sprayer, could the spots and yellow leaves be a fertilizer burn?
          My X GF's sister and BIL grow in CO and they gave me some leaf from their grow and I made butter out of it. I got hungry one night and made French toast. I stacked them 3 high with "da butter" in between each piece of toast. I waited for it to hit me and gave up and went to bed. I woke up the next morning and I was FUBAR!

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Soil and sand mix can wash out quick and lose nutes even with the organic soil. I also would try a 4 day water/feed with cal Mag and adjust from there. Also get the pots in the air above your pans so they do not sit in runoff and air circulates under them. If you are foiler spraying nutes in light phase it can cause burns and nute overload. Just give them some time to recover. Any overall photos !! Would help tremendously. Good Growing !!

I'm growing Green Crack and 2 seeds that I found in something I purchased, its lanky but fat leafed. I call them the sisters. The Crack is aggressive!

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            It looks like nute def from PH issue, If you have done the above, give time to recover and only water/feed just enough to damp the bottom the pot. Remember the Cal Mag.
            If your PH is not stable, it all for not. Good Growing !!

Thanks Colombo, I ordered a digital PH pen and it will be here on Tuesday. I will try the things that you recommend. I'm not clear on the 4 day water/feed schedule, do I only water/feed every 4 days to give the soil to dry, or should I still do a flush? I am only going to mist with water from here on out. I have always worried giving plants too much nitrogen and burning them. I also read that not enough nitrogen will turn leaves yellow when they are in veg. They are growing really fast and bushing big time after I had an issue with one of my power cords and the lights got tripped one day. I have lights on a 18 and 6 schedule.

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            If you did a flush to 6.5 ph at runoff then give it a regular feed with Cal Mag at 3mil until the bag just drips. On the 4th day water/feed again till the bag just drips. You can always change the water/feed schedule based on your plant intake and soil wetness. Are the plants Auto Flower? If they are Photoperiod the light glitch can affect them. be patient. GWE has a New Growers Course coming up soon, you should jump on board,It has a wealth of knowledge that will help you "not" have times like this!
            Good Growing !!

No these aren't autos, the pic in my profile was an auto WW and I didn't really care for them. It seemed that some parts of the plants were in different phase. I understand that the light issue affected these and I have worried about that, but they seemed to adjust. After the issue I left them on a 24 cycle for a day then went back to 18-6. I will try your suggestions and keep you informed. I want to get some more clones before I switch to a flower cycle with these.

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Photoperiod plants are light sensitive. The change of light tells the plant when to change over to the flowering stage. You have gone from 8+ hrs of dark at light time to 24hrs of light at dark time to 18/6 light/dark time. This would confuse me. LOL.When they finally start to bud watch your plants for male character traits,(pollen sacks)

I understand the photoperiod and the way the light affects them. I had an issue with power strip and it tripped the lights and they were in the dark for 24 hrs and I was afraid they would start flowering, and I could see signs on the plants and the smell that they had started to transition. So I figured it would be better to try and give them more light for a day then put them back on schedule. I know stress causes them to flip as I had a grow out side and one turned out to be male. I cut the top off and left it and it switched it to a female. I'm going to be putting them on the flower cycle in the next week or so and will look for any male characteristics.

Btw, thanks for convincing me to go with digital pen, the PH was off by probably .50. I got aggravated with one drop of up/down would switch the PH from 6.0 to a 7.0 with no in between and I could not find a way to get any less than a drop. With the pen I was able to get to a 6.5 with no problems at all. I do have a couple of question about it tho. Can you find the calibration powder at head shops and about how often do they need it?

Thank man!

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Look up PH Calibration liquid/powder on Amazon they have powder and liquid solo or kits. . Good Growing !! if you use it a lot 30 days or so or as often as you like
            Last edited by Colombo; 03-11-2019, 12:31 AM. Reason: add content.

Thanks for all your help Colombo, they are definitely looking better! What I thought was a 6.5 was really a 7.4. I did a 4 day flush with 6.5 and they are loving the light and bushing big time. Hell now I'm seeing leaves that were turning yellow turning green again. They are doing so good I'm afraid I'm going to have to get a bigger tent if I add the cal.

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            I'am glad that the girls are looking and feeling better for you ! Maintain that ph at 6.5 and stick to a feed schedule and change only when the plant needs more as it grows. (always damp not wet) The more it grows the faster the uptake of water. Continue the water/feed/cal-mag mix from your last water/feed. Good Job bring the girls back! I noticed the clones do not over water or it will rot. Good Growing !!
            Last edited by Colombo; 03-13-2019, 11:22 PM.

​ Colombo, I hope you are well. I wanted to show you an update on my grow. Your recommendation on going digital ph tester was the ticket 👍
          The GC has been in flower for 3 weeks and coming along great. The twins I ended up putting outside and one was a male, which was no surprise really as the seeds weren’t fem’s that I bought. I cut the male and am letting the female grow outside. I am thinking about moving a few of the clones from the GC outside as well and see how they do. Thanks for your help and patience!

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello mid9tgrower ! Glad I could be of assistance ! The real credit goes to yourself for nurturing the girls back to the impressive plants you display ! It shows how much you have learned and the patience it takes to get where you are now. Your reward will be Big Ass Buds of PRIDE and they are not to far off !! Nice Job ! Good Growing !!

Thank you Colombo, I couldn’t have did it without you and your help and knowledge. I really appreciate it!!

Comment

Colombo, I have another question for you. Do you and other growers cut the shade leaves off once the plant starts flowering to allow more light to get to the bottom buds?
            Thanks again!

Comment

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              If you are at 3 wks you can take 20% of fan leaves. Just take the right ones. Largest fan leaves that block light to bud sites. Remember you can't replace what you take off. I have learned to trim as it grows so at flower time there are less leaves to remove causing less stress during flower. At feed/water I take 5 or 6 fan leaves to keep the plant open to light. Minimal stress to plant through out the grow. Just my preference. Good Growing !!

Once again, thanks for the quick response and info!! I’m in to flower almost 7 weeks now. I noticed yesterday that the hairs are just starting to dry and turn. I opened up the canopy last week and tied the main branches apart and have been bending the bigger flowers, but the shades on the top buds still block all the smaller buds below each branch. I had a 2000 watt LED and one 1000 on her until today and I stuck the other 1000 watt I had that was on that was on clones. So if I can trim some shades off top canopy hopefully the bottom flowers will fill out.

Comment

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you checked the Tricones to see if the are milky? the pic's are fuzzy. If they are ready for harvest no trimming needed. If mine at this stage I would leave it alone and apply LST next grow and trim throughout. They look real close ! A defoile at this stage could be stressful and stop / slow bud development.
              Last edited by Colombo; 04-29-2019, 12:54 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X