curled leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

curled leaves

If you look closely, you can see the outer edges curled up ..not the whole leaf. This is a 14 day old auto from 420guy. started from seed in this 3gal pot. And last night I forgot to turn on humidifier after filling it. The rh dropped to 30% for about 6 hours BUT 4 other plants of similar age show no signs of this..the strain is magnesia.

Any one ever have this happen to them and what did you notice moving forward??? btw ...she just got watered with 6.5 ph yesterday and I added some cal mag cuz a few looked pale like ...to me.
    Thanks For reading and keep on keepin on!!!

Try raising the light a inch or two. Imo

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a lux meter and its reading very close to the same on all plants . I have a fan breeze and temps never topped 80. I actually have a plant twice this height beside it that's fine???
      thanks for the reply though ...I have no idea what this is caused by and may never find out lol

Are all plants of the same strain? Som are more sensitive

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      They are different.

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea,me to Mud I’m doing 5 different strains all with different needs, I also doubled up on one strain that’s growing different from her sister?....idky
      Last edited by Potted; 02-28-2019, 05:19 PM.

What is the PH of the run off water? It could be from a PH issue.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      So if going in it’s 6.5... and coming out it’s 6.2. That lets us know it’s below 6.2 in the soil itself. Follow?
      Your soil PH is a bit low in this case. I would shoot for 6.8 going in... that way it’s closer to 6.5 for the run off water.

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      Ph changes as it goes thru the medium imo I only pay attention to what th ph is going in,i don’t worry about what’s coming out

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      What is important is the PH at the root zone. Because that is what directly affects nutrient uptake. Knowing the PH in tells an incomplete story. If you are not having curly leaves or other undesirable colors, shapes, and other then sure I wouldn’t worry too much about checking the run off either.

Is that particular plant directly in front of a fan? I have one plant like that as well. It's the plant that receives the strongest breeze. That mixed with low humidity was my culprit. 30% isn't to bad though.

Comment

My ph is fine lol but ty. I just thought someone may have dealt with this before.... Its not closest to fan it has a pot n plant between it and fan.

Shes not really doin bad etc. Just curious is all. Thanks for the replys everyone.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, when I had it. It was a ph issue. Cleared up when I made the proper adjustments. New growth was fine after. Good luck.

I have had the same issues many times years ago.
      it was heat stress and lights a touch to close to canopy.

Comment

When the rh dropped, the plant transpired more than before and caused the topside of the plant to increase demand- disproportionately to the root structure- and the young roots couldn't keep up.
        While your intensity may be OK- as per your measurement, the light duration is out of sync with that particular plant and changed environment.

If you are running 24/0, there is little chance for recovery in such a short period of time. Even 20/4 may not provide enough time.

It will work by increasing the light distance as mentioned above-however, I would opt for changing the light schedule, to stop the plant stress and allow the root zone to strengthen, as it's the dark period which feeds the rhizosphere.

Thats said:
        A young plant will repair itself over time -as it adjusts to the environment or the enviroment returns to previous levels and nothing has to be done!
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats the answer i was looking for. Makes great sense and it follows all the stuff i know it isnt. I had a feeling the rh was the culprit to start something in motion.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X