Ph problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ph problems

Hi guys. Ive having a very strange problem that i cant understand. My ph sits around 5.8-6.3 on day 1. Day 2 it rises to around 7.5 and then day 3 goes down too around 5.1.

ive had ph pen tested also. Thanks

I assume its hydroponics? Do you have an airstone? What setup do you have?

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

At the beginning, because of Nitrogen uptake rate, anion uptake is higher than cation uptake. So ph goes up and then it goes back. 7.5 and 5.1 are both out of the range. It reminds me low Alkalinity in the solution.

Comment

Brand new Hydro sysyem? PH will shift at the beginning of use...then stabilize after some time if that is the only issue.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Sorry for not detailed post. New too all this guys. I use canna products, also i self water from a 100L watering butt. Also yeah i have x2 air stones in the watering butt

thanks guys.

Comment

My water Ph starts at around 7.9 once i add my nutrients it comes down to around 5.8-6.5.

the next day it rises to around 7.7-8.3

day 3 it goes back down to around 4.8-5.5

honestly lost tried everything i can think off.

Comment

• Obi-Wan
              Obi-Wan commented
              Editing a comment
              Just a few follow up questions.
              Which Canna line/specific products are you using? Which pH adjusters are you using, up and down? Do you use both to reach your initial pH?
              Do you start with RO water or tap water?
              Are you measuring EC/PPM? If so at what is the measurement?
              What do the roots look like? Healthy and white?

I’m not trying to overwhelm you with questions, I’d just like to give you an informed answer.

Don't do hydro, but ran across this. It's a quite pricey solution, but sounds like you are at your wits end. https://www.amazon.com/Bluelab-CONTP...-garden&sr=1-2 There are cheaper models. Probably will over ride whatever problem exists in your system.
            Last edited by starramus; 02-26-2019, 08:46 PM.

Comment

IMO, blue lab pens are the elite of ph pens,I got one a few years back from Santa and it’s preforming well at 3 years old.

Comment

DWG my advice do not go buying expensive ph testers it’s not worth it in my opinion.. I always used the ph drops and had no issues except the fluctuations which is one of the reasons why I decided to go to organic soil mix. Now I just water and top dress with some amendments and I’m done. Plus you will notice growers always double checking they’re ph pen with drops which leads me to ask than why use a pen in the first place lol.. just stick to drops that what Sirius Fourside recommends in his DWC tutorial he says there is no need for fancy expensive pen that is guaranteed to break at some point and be inaccurate unless you take care of it by spending even more money for calibrating solutions storing solutions and this and that lol .. I also noticed that when I had my pumps full blast the bubbling in the water was too much in my 5 gallon bucket and it made my ph go up fast so maybe too much movement in yours?? Or not enough bubbles?? That’s the thing who really knows?? Just go organic and let the plant and the soil figure out what it needs like it supposed to be..

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Drops are cool, if you only need to test one bucket. Would hate to see someone trying that method on 20 plus buckets. Lol
                  My cheap $20 pen and $10 of calibration solution (and I had to buy a $2 battery also) have lasted me almost 5 years now, still plenty of life left in both the pen and solution. Could not even imagine how much that would have cost me in drops this far. Plus all the man hour savings durring all those years and all those buckets.
                  Really depends on what you are trying to do with it that makes it worth it or not.

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Toker1
                  Agreed!
                  One shoe does not fit all feet. Not to mention drops are hard to read if you have bad eyes.

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, these old eyes don’t see like they used to.

Toker1 Yes you are correct about that if it’s for just one bucket or two in my case I guess drops isnt bad but for 20 buckets wow didn’t think about that one. Also I said expensive ones aren’t necessary your case being a perfect example. I bought a cheap one myself when I started my plant always had problems so I just stuck (is that even a word) to the drops and was good. Also time is money so yes for 20 buckets I guess a pen would be nice specially if it last 5 years. You should make a post and recommend that brand of pen seems it would help a lot of new growers that’s a problem we see all the time ph issues. Then again you can grow organic and not worry about that at all. I’m speaking for personal use here so not worried about quantity I’m more for quality. In your case 20 buckets seems like a dispensary type grow quantity over quality since it’s not all for you..

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes sir. Was for my buddies commercial grow. The pen came in handy. Yes, I’ve made posts about this in the past. Including proper use and storage.
                  I have used water meters that cost over a grand (not for hydroponic application) and they are super sensitive. Much easier to break.
                  The cheap $20 pen you find online will work fine for hydro. Mine is the yellow one made by C&E I believe.

Toker1 cool tnx for your reply. Made me realize not all of us are growing at a small scale. That’s why I love GWE I learn all the time.

Comment

my nutrients list.
                  canna A & B
                  rhizotonic
                  cannazym
                  cannaboost
                  buddha tree pk 9/18
                  buddha tree flower burst.

i have been using the ph up&down to adjust but read its not ideal to use them all the time. Also i use tap water which ph is around 8.0 which is pretty high unsure why as my friend stays not too far from me and his tap water ph is around 7.0

EC is usually around 0.7.

plants and roots are perfect. But its around week 5 off flower they always start to have problems. And ita down to my watering tank 100L. As i said start with tap water around ph off 8.0. I add my nutrients get it down to around 6.0ph.

the next day it rises to around 7.5ph

day 3 it goes way down to around 4.8ph

Comment

Also i have a ph pen and i have the drops both read the same probelms im having. Ive had my pen tested and calibarted also. Ive tried to remove air stones and watering pump/mixer also no joy. Cali.

thanks

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X