regular seeds versus feminized seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

regular seeds versus feminized seeds

had a mess up with a seed company , so they sent me some regular seeds as freebies/extras. are regular seeds worth the effort to grow? doesn't say what kind they are. just a pack that says regular seeds.

If you have the extra space definately.

Comment

Could b anything, can u contact the seller And find out?

Comment

I've had some great grows off regs gotta keep close eye for males but imo its a better overall plant. I'm growing some reg auto seeds I got just starting out but ill know in a couple weeks so no biggie just start more

Comment

I get great female to male ratios when I follow these steps with regular seeds (linked below). I make sure to to take a clone early on and then send that clone directly into flower to make sure I am not spending too much time and effort on males.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the Info Toker1! I've read some info before on this to increase the % of females. Now I know that there is some truth to it. Good Growing !!

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah. It’s worked out for me so far. Last seeds I popped were regulars, but I ended up with 100% females.

• marpolo
            marpolo commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks for the info everyone

Originally posted by Potted View Post
          Could b anything, can u contact the seller And find out?
          That's part of the intrigue! I'd be tempted to grow them separate and see what's good!

Comment

IDK but I have read articles that say we are destroying MJ with feminized seed and crossbreeding,,,
            I am doing reg seed with landraces and a couple of hybrids. In the wilds I never got more than 10% males
            I would grow them as well!

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              With out cross breeding there would be no corn grown in the US. Imagine that. It would have died off due to disease in the 70’s. So I’m not really following that logic there when applied to mj. The only reason corn is still being grown in the US is due to crossbreeding. 97% of corn in the US is hybrid today.
              Last edited by Toker1; 02-23-2019, 09:50 AM.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Remember that good ol Mexican laugh your ass off weed? As far as I can tell it is extinct, bread out of existance,, I would luv to find landrace seed for that!
              And I do some crossbreeding myself, one of my favs is a Cherokee Purple crossed with a bush tomato. And without crossbreeding we would not have things like GG etc..

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah... we can thank the good ol government for that. Cbd could have possibly been bred out of experience due to political mishap. That is one benificial medicine that almost didn’t survive the drug wars of the 80’s. What do they call that? A casualty of war.
              Only landrace strain I ever grew was Afghan. I have crossbred in the past, but neglect to stabilize the genetics. So the seeds were all over the place in terms of quality.

As a promotion to give away unidentified seeds is a cruel joke !! I think I would rather know what I actually had somewhere along the line. What if it is good and you have clone do you now get to name it yourself ? Sorry cruel Joke !!
            Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Floor sweep,,,

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X