Can i skip veg nutes if i use FFOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i skip veg nutes if i use FFOF

I plan on growing autos. Most seem to say ffof's nutes last 3-4 weeks. Can i rely on the soil to bring the autos to flowering, only requiring bloom nutes (plus extras depending on medium) ?
    First grow started on April 17th, 2019.
    4x4 Grow Tent
    2 X 240W 3000k QB (lm301b). 24/0 light cycle.
    Canna Coco medium, 3 gallon fabric pots
    AN SensiCoco Grow + Bloom w/ tap water

Growing:
    2 x Mephisto - Chemdogging
    1 x Mephisto - Northern Cheese Haze
    1 x Dinafem - Dinamex

Chopped June 30th, 2019. Final yield: 716g plus 329g of larfy buds.

Yes you can start feeding most autos after the start of flower which will be about when ffof runs out of nutrients.

That's with a hot soil like ffof.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Since its my first grow, I've been trying to plan something simple so this seems like the logical choice. Is it worth using ff nutes ( grow big and tiger bloom) or will a basic 2 part flower formula ( im leaning toward AN sensi bloom) suffice?

My second option is premixed coco coir/perlite using AN sensi grow/bloom coco.

I plan on using 3 gallon fabric pots of that makes a difference. The foxfarms option is a little cheaper, but I've heard good things about coco coir as well.
      4x4 Grow Tent

Growing:
      1 x Dinafem - Dinamex

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        bigger the roots bigger the buds a very true rule to keep in mind I use a minimum of 5 gallon pots unless you have them on a auto watering system and feed multable times a day , my 2 cents

I like ffof to start then go to tiger bloom and big bloom. Coco coir will be easier to learn just not from me. Lol

Comment

Is it worth mixing in some happy frog, or just putting a 2-3" layer of it on top for the seedling?
        4x4 Grow Tent

Growing:
        1 x Dinafem - Dinamex

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I am still fighting off afids because I used Happy frog one time 18 months ago never again

Plant in a rapid rooter then transfer to the ffof. I love the stuff. But been using it for years and years

Comment

Don’t know about autos... but my photoperoid plants only last about 2 weeks in FFOF before they need to feed. Best to judge based on the plants reactions.
          Container size will be the most significant veritable in this equation. A large enough container will last longer than my 2 week bench mark while a smaller one will last less.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Nothing wrong with your plan. As Toker1 commented the plants reaction or lack thereof will dictate the timeline. I use a mix of Fox Light Warrior/Ocean Farm and perlite, with kind soil in the bottom so I just add water. Good luck

Comment

heres a question if you have to add nutes to soil whats the point of using it I always thought you grew in soil so you didn't have to use nutes ,, during my outside grows I use soil and no nutes except pk boosters in bloom , this isn't a slam I'm really interested and dont understand
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Spidermite
                Spidermite commented
                Editing a comment
                If you use living soil or a real rich soil from a fertile area, mixed with perlite, you dont need nutrients. If you use potting soil you do need nutrients, unless you use it to make living soil.

Soils like ffof cover you for a couple weeks and on most autos you only need bloom type nutrients. You can use all organic products with it unlike reservoirs. But if just learning coco is easier to learn. But some like me are set in our ways. I think soil grows taste and smell better. Although generally they start out growing a bit slower.

In the end it's all just personal preference or what you know.

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                so I use roots organic green fields and coast of Maine soil I thought they were super soils and don,t add nutes ,now I'm thinking I should????????

• Spidermite
                Spidermite commented
                Editing a comment
                If I'm remembering correctly coast of Maine soil is like kind soil? If so other than teas and molasses you shouldn't need anything. But I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the right one. I know their is a company near you that makes living soil similar to kind soil and other super soils.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X