Questions about my future grow setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about my future grow setup

Hello people. I have plans to start growing weed and i have a few questions. I have a little experience with growing to that moment with 6 crops in the past years( 3 times i grow autoflowering strains and 3 times photoperiod strains), but unfortunately i was forced to move and stopped . For my setup i was using 1.2x1.2x2 m. grow tent with 600w hps with dimmable balast, hooded reflector, carbon filter and an exhaust fan along with 3 small circulatory fans inside. The carbon filter was placed high in the tent and i was using fan that was able to pull more than 420m3 of air in an hour. The main problem that i faced with every crop was heat. Even during the winter, with an open window at the room or with an air cooler running during the hot months, the temperatures in the tent never got below 25-6 c. Also the humidity inside was always high, despite the high temperatures which i believe resulted in a lot of problems that i faced with every crop. Can you please give me advices for my new setup.
    I don't have much space at home right now, so i'm planning for a smaller setup.

Grow tent: 90x90x180 cm. - do you guys think there is a difference between tents with milar and the white tents. I read that the white tents (i can't recall the material at the moments) helps a lot with keeping the tent cooler. Is there a truth to that ?
    Grow light: 400w hps
    Ballas: dimable up to 400w.
    Carbon filter
    Hooded reflector
    Exhaust fan/s - what will be the most effective way for me to be able to control the temperatures and the humidity inside. Can i use two fans, one that will blow cold air through the reflector and second that will be connected with the filter and will help with the circulation inside the tent. Is there a way to control the overall heat that comes from the reflector and the glass ?

Hey people thanks in advance for your kind responses.
    Last edited by Malkosashi88; 02-20-2019, 11:33 AM.

Are you venting the warm air from your tent outside of your grow space? If not, you might just be recirculating that warm air through your intake.

Comment

Hello, yes i do. I forgot to mention that i used ducting to remove the air from the tent and from the whole room.

Comment

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        Does your light have a cooled hood? In my setup with lights on I normally sit between 24°-26° and seems to be working well for me. If you had heat and humidity issues the problem is airflow. Either something was restricted, leaking or just not working correctly. Ensure all connections are sealed with duct tape and use a few turns as possible. And always remember the temp/humidity outside the room is going to be an absolute minimum of the inside providing all circulation is 100% so if it’s 25°@60RH outside the room (wherever the intake is) that’s the best you can achieve inside the room without conditioning the air.

You need two fans for extraction... 1 hooked up to the filter in the tent. The other hooked up to your air cooled hood. Then dump the heat, from both fans, to outside if possible.
      Also, 600w is a bit much in that space. Might want to try a 400w in that same space. Will be much better with heat management.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I got a question about the density of the planting. Does it depend on the variety or sort of cannabis? As I understand the bigger the plant the more pot it needs, is it right? And the distance between the plants, what should it be if the plants are different? Because I'm a newbie to this business, I've ordered at https://en.konoplisemena.com few types of seeds, and want to grow few bushes so that they will not be mixed.

Comment

I don't have enough space to put 1.2x1.2 m. tent at the moment. If i place two extractor fans, that both blow the air outside of a window, how can i replace that air inside the tent ? Do i need another fen sucking fresh air and extracting it to the tent ? Really thanks in advance people.

Comment

no, just open a vent or two at the bottom and the air will automatically be pulled in by your extraction fans at the top
            Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
            600W HPS
            Coco
            GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
            Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X