Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie to growing

Hi Everyone,

i am going to try growing 4 plants using Top fed DWC.

Looking for for suggestions as to tent size and equipment needed.

Do I need more than one light fixture? (Thinking of going with 600w LED)

should I grow each plant in its own tote? Or should I split them up?

Thanks in advance!!

CanEHdian

All of your questions should be answered here.https://www.growweedeasy.com/high-yi...nics-technique

Comment

• CanEHdian
      CanEHdian commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Already read this a few times and still doesn't answer my question.

I'm a soil guy get the biggest tent u can fit.then fit your light to your tent. I run 2 leds in a 3x3 flower area 300 watt each 165 draw from wall works great. I'm upgrading soon but those work nice. Others will chime in with dwc info. I'm rocking autos also really starting to love the idea of a constant harvest after first 80 days

Comment

• CanEHdian
      CanEHdian commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the advice!!

I grow my 4 plants in a 5x5x7 tent. 3 led lights 2x mars hydro 144s (960ish watts and a "1200" watt light) Actual draw between all three is just under 1000w of actual draw.

The question you need to ask yourself.... how are you going to grow them? Natural, manifold, just a few toppings? Each of these training will need a different sized tent....

If you look at the link in my signature for my grow to check out manifolding. My tent is full full....

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

• CanEHdian
      CanEHdian commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Qwerty, just went through your grow and this is exactly what I was wondering with regards to tent size and lights. Thanks!!
      I subbed your grow to watch your progress and see your results.

Thanks for the help!!

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      CanEHdian not a problem. I think the major difference you plan on is hydroponics. Your grow will be slightly faster vs soil.

If you plan on a larger plant, remember roots are everything! Give them a large planter (if in soil! /photoperiod).

Read up on training methods these will be key if you want large plants.

With LEDs you will probably want to scrog... they dont penitrate as well as hid!

If your ever around the east coast hit me up and I can show you the set up!

Qwerty I will be manifolding and scrog also I think.

I am am on the east coast. Freddy beach here.

Comment

• Qwertywill
      Qwertywill commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats hilarious. Im just outside freddy lol!

Manifold and scrog is the way to go!

Qwertywill Haha. Are you serious?? Well that would make it convenient to check out your setup!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X