Tip: Put Ph Up and Ph Down into small shampoo travel bottles to save time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tip: Put Ph Up and Ph Down into small shampoo travel bottles to save time

Try these little travel shampoo bottles to put Ph Up, Ph Down to save time. I also used one for some Flora Nova Bloom concentrate that I use for foliar feeding.

How does it save time I mean my math could be off but putting a liquid from 1 bottle to another does not slow the passage of time and now u have to fill this little bottle all the dam time. I am so confused how does it save time u are going to have to tell me and please show your working.
    It's 4:19 u got a minute?

Comment

I was gonna post except I wasn't sure I wanted to be yelled at.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

not a bad idea. how accurate/consistent are the 'drops' that come out of it? I use actual dropper bottles like these:
        Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
        600W HPS
        Coco
        GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
        Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

I use a suringe with no needle to draw up my ph as well as my other nutes by the ml. If that’s ok?
          Last edited by Potted; 02-17-2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I use condiment containers like found in bars and eating places. They were like a buck apiece and work great for all my liquids.

Comment

• PRIMO
              PRIMO commented
              Editing a comment
              What stump said, I get the opaque ones and label em with a sharpie.I don't know about saving time though, but then I'm retired so I don't give shit. Just makes it easier than trying to pour a 1/4 tsp. "Oh look! I just saved some time by abbreviating a word" out of a quart bottle.

• stump
              stump commented
              Editing a comment
              easy and spill free hey primo.

I bought a humongous bag of disposable 3 ml pipettes from the Chinese. They were cheap and I only need 2 - one for PH Up and one for PH Down. Given the PH of my tap water, I mix 6 - 9 ml of PH Down into every 1 gallon of water. Reservoir maintains a potential Hydrogen of about 6.2 - 6.3.

If counting drops out of those bottles works for you, more power to you. I'm all about convenience and saving energy.
            Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Comment

• 3Berries
              3Berries commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll give you a like because you know what pH stands for......

It may not save a ton of time but for one thing it takes 2 hands to open a quart bottle of General Hydro Ph up or Down. I was bored and went a little OCD with making the labels on the printer; writing with a Sharpee is the same.
            With this I just have to pick up the dropper bottle and give it a squeeze.
            As far as the drop amount, it is not precise but within a range that has been okay for making single spray bottles of foliar feed, or when mixing gallons or more of nute mix.
            It worked for me. Just trying to help.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your tip. I'm sure its given someone an idea about something similar they can use if they weren't already.
              There's probably helpful things I do that might benefit to others but I don't really realise the significance of it because it's just normal for me to do things certain ways. for example, when I put all my bottles back in the cupboard I put them in the order I will need to get them out to mix up some nutes. eg Armor Si in front, then calmag, micro, gro, bloom etc until the bottle I use last is at the back.
              Also when growing indoors in a tent I change the plants position in the tent each day and also rotate the pots 90 degrees as well so over the course of a grow they get better light distribution to all sides of the plant/buds rather than always being in the same position facing the same way
              Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
              600W HPS
              Coco
              GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
              Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• Colombo
                Colombo commented
                Editing a comment
                OzBud I use eye droppers for nutes etc. What's funny is I'am not the only one with lined up bottles and rotates and changes location of the plants in the tent. I find better performance with lighting. Good Growing !

• Iammygod
                Iammygod commented
                Editing a comment
                9O or 18O?

• OzBud
                OzBud commented
                Editing a comment
                @lammygod 90°

I do this too. But my reason is because i will knock my entire bottle over and be screwed until amazon delivers ...sooo i figure my big bottle to be a reservoir to fill my "disposable" little jar.

i have switched to Earth Juice Crystals for my ph UP ...takes much much less for same result. But im still on same bottle of gh liquid down from 2+ yrs ago.

Anyone else think that the guy abadtrip sounds like a knucklehead too. Whats up with your dude gwe?

Comment

Live and let live, we’re all here for the same thing, to Grow weed-better and each of us has our own ways of doing that, abadtrips ok he just needs another hit to mellow out

Comment

DenniBoes - Please stop and check the dates before commenting. This thread is three years old.
                  Back to playin in the dirt!
                  Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
                  I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

I use a syringe for the PH and the nutes. Each bottle has it's own syringe. I drilled a 1/4" hole with a small vent hole in the cap of each bottle . They are all 32oz. I inserted a tube into the hole and use it to draw from. Only have to do that once unless the size of the bottle caps change. The syringe also makes it easier to mix nutes when the mix ratio is 1ml/L as the CX nutrients I use calls for. I was using measuring spoons but I like the syringe because it's easy and I can keep things a little cleaner, at least for me.
                    Last edited by golfnrl; 11-21-2022, 07:01 AM.
                    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
                    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
                    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X