Scrogging Virgin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Scrogging Virgin

Hi, anybody out there that can help a scrogging Virgin? Up to now I’ve been an outdoor old-school style farmer, but I’ve just built a 3’x3’ growroom. I want to grow some Lambsbread collie (95% Sativa).
    How many plants for my room?
    How high above top of the planting pot should I have the netting?

You may be able to get 4 plants in there.
    You can adjust the height of the netting as you go along and plants get bigger. There are some elastic nets that have hooks and are adjustable for that size tent.

Comment

Thanks for ur advice, I thought 1 - 2 as the are Sativa?

3ft x 3ft is maybe a bit too small for 4 Satties

A bit worried of overcrowding (mould)

Comment

4 is a lot for that size. 1 or 2 is better. More room for plant to spread out. Last time I put 5 in a smaller tent using trellis netting and got okay yield but only doing 2 this time in 20 x 36 x 60.

Comment

I am doing my 1st grow, I started with 5 seeds I had I am fairly sure they are mostly Sativa based on leaf shape and size. 3 turned out to be female so I am down to 2 I probably could have had 4 in there but 5 would have been too much my tent is 4x4x7.
          Flower Tent: (12/12)
          600W HPS Flowering
          1 x Jack Herer 2 Auto - Potters Gold Soil
          1 x Gelato - Coco
          2 x Strawberry Banana - Coco

Veg Room: (14/8)
          1500W LED
          1 x Jack Herer 3 Auto - Coco
          3 x Mexican Airlines Auto - Fast Buds - Coco
          1 x G13 - Seed King - Coco
          1 x Gelato (Bonsai Mom) - Clone - Coco
          1 x Bubba Cheese Auto - HBS - Coco

Veg Tent:
          300W COBB LED
          Empty

First Grow Journal and Clone Journal
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...needed-a-hobby

Strawberry Banana, Gelato & Jack Herer Auto Grow Journal
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...a-x2-gelato-x1

All Auto's Journal
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...auto-s-journal

Gelato Bonsai Mother Project
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...onsai-mom-grow

Comment

Too bad about themales. 2 can fill that tent up with a trellis net and some scrog or any training method. Tip: to prevent breakage when bending stems ot limbs I mist and wet the branches before I bend them. It helps. My little tent was really crowded with 5. I won't do that again even though I did get some fair size buds. I am hoping with the plants having more room the buds will get bigger.
            This may be totally wrong but it seems like the plant could tell it was crowded and would only produce buds up to a certain size because of it?
            Just wondering...

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Your absolutely correct TLP over crowding will led to smaller yields cant explain why but they do go down

This is one plant in a 4’x4’. DWC about 2-3 weeks since 12/12 switch
            Setup
            4’x4’x6.6’
            600W MH
            2x innova 19w full spec led
            175cfm fan, can 33 filter
            8gal DIY reservoir/ hydro system

Comment

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Oddly enough it was a clone that I let all but die, I revived her and vegged in a 5gal diy hydro bucket took about 15 clones off her after about a month and a half. Let her recover for a few weeks and she was bushy AF. So I put the trellis in and spread her around tucked and waited another week then put into flower. It’s my first time really. I tried to scrog with a couple in dirt but had problems so took it out.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              very nice

• BlueBudz
              BlueBudz commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the compliments! This is a current grow, first scrog, will be the first plant started and finished using only Virarspectra LED,s. I’m excited to see how she looks when the buds really start developing.

Wow!! A textbook example! Nice!!!

Comment

I am currently on my first grow with a 3x3 tent and I went with 4. It's too much to be honest, thank goodness that 2 of them are autos and less than 2 weeks from harvest. My 2 Kush just started flowering a week ago and its pretty tight in there. I take them out every other day for feeding, re arranging and visual checks. I will go with 3 next time, that should make it a little easier to manage the environment.

Comment

If you’re doing a TRUE scrog style grow, one is all you’ll need. Check out the GWE scrog tutorial. It’s pretty sweet.
                Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Thanks for the advice, especially the link to the GWE scrog tutorial!

RW

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X