Injured plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injured plant

Hey everyone. I've recently mainlined my plants. On one of them I bend them stem a bit to aggressively and it's now broken a bit more than half way through. I took the preasure off by bending the wire. I'm worried that I screwed things up. I'm noticing slower growth on the damaged branch. What steps should I take if any to help her heal?

They once repaired the Space Shuttle with duct tape. Carefully put the stem back in joined position and gently wrap with the tape. Or even a velcro strap might work. Give it a shot.

Comment

Lol. K I just gave it a try. Supported the branch from beneath with the wire. Fingers crossed

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        I have saved some major limbs with packing tape as well. Gotta get those vesicles(sp) to reconnect.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        It will work! Iv use Xmas packing tape and cloning gel, she'll mend the back.

I have used duct tape & electrical tape before. Heals up nice, then you can remove the make shift bandaid.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Masking tape is a little easier than duct tape to handle. I've used both successfully . Good luck.
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

New skin works wonders on plants. Get it secured tight in place and a little swipe seals and and protects the wound. (Really works)

Comment

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            Is this what you are talking about? https://ship.kingsoopers.com/p/85140...B&gclsrc=aw.ds Stay away from Walgreens though as you always should. Will it work on a heavy branch?
            Last edited by starramus; 02-01-2019, 06:26 AM. Reason: i toopid

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes that's it, I use it to seal not glue! it is designed to seal skin from infection and allow to heal with less stress. secure limb and a little swipe seals the surface area from air drying it out. I've repaired a few house plants from injury As long as the limb is secured tight it will seal it. Remember it is not a glue! I have actually used it on a Northeastern Box Turtle with shell and skin damage and it's still Kickin.
            Last edited by Colombo; 02-01-2019, 09:25 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

New skin hey. That's interesting. I'll try some after work today

Comment

I went and bought some new skin. Seems like a brilliant idea. I like that it stay flexable. The solvent they use in it doesn't seem to do any damage to the plant tissue? It kinda has a strong odor. I guess it's a bit to late to ask since I've already put it on my plant

Comment

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              the odor goes away when it dries and leaves an air tight seal. This allows the cells to regenerate and reconnect the area. If the break dries out it cannot get nutes and water to the limb. the limb dries out. I think outside the box on most things and learned a lot from it! I hope it works for you as it has for me! good luck with the grow!! Watch the leaves ,they will talk to you!
              Last edited by Colombo; 02-01-2019, 10:29 PM. Reason: changed spelling

She's not happy right now, honestly Im 99 percent sure that side of the plant is dead. I waited to long. However I'm going to use this stuff to seal up any spots I defoiliate from now on. Thanks for the tip

Comment

I'm sorry to see your plant is suffering. When bending stems for training, try spraying the stems well with clear Ph balanced water or foliar feed spray like in basket making to soften the stems. It helps prevent breakage.

Comment

I feel I may have bent and secured them to early. They were only in week one of veg. This is my first time trying this technique. It wasn't broken at first, it was the growth of the plant that seemed to have torn it. The branches were very tender when I did it.

Comment

Mr.furley I'm not sure how I missed your first comment. Cloning gel makes sense. I procrastinated for to long. It wasn't so bad at first but after 2 days it was hanging on by fibers. I'll have to go pick some up so I'm prepared if this happens again.

Comment

I use rooting powder mixed into a paste and dunk my clones into it and then into water. I change my filtered water every three days, opinions appreciated
                  also I just posted for pics. I am getting some tip burn. Dosing once a week with a dilution of Alaska fish emulsion. Thinking it wouldn’t burn bc it’s organic.
                  but...? Help!

Comment

Could some one check out my pics on tip burn. Opinions appreciated

Comment

Do you mean the pics above?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X