Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TO B(oveda)- or NOT TO B(oveda): That is the question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BushyGuy
    commented on 's reply
    You can always add bovedas back if it becomes too brittle. I’m here to tell you that if you add boveda too early you will alter the smell and flavour to something that you probably don’t want.

• Weed Pharma
    commented on 's reply
    Curidor™ SCLabs Terpene Degradation Study: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKKSX7O14oE

• Colombo
    commented on 's reply
    I can smell the aroma, Vintage 2017. it was a great year. Handle with care!

• Spidermite
    replied
    Well I pulled out what I call prince from storage in jars this week. It looked ugly after a year in a jar. It was brown and ugly. But it was ungodly to smoke. Hitting from a pipe it had no burn. Tasted so good you dream about it. And was better than it was at 4 months old as far as effectiveness. It was just stored in the cold dark and wow. 61% humidity is what it showed. Oh strain Rasberry Cough. So who knows

Leave a comment:

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    Ell I agree with you, that's why I don't use Bovedas but the first week or two.Or hardly ever anymore.
    Same plant, same dry an cure, open two jars, 4months later, the ones without Bovedas smell twice as good as the jars with Bovedas, but that's just my experience, I'm sure everyone has their own opinions and noses .lol

• SommerVirelli
    replied
    I’ve never seen any actual proof of terpine degradation with Boveda. I use them for both my Cannabis and my pipe tobacco and have been for long enough to notice any change. That being said, I’ve never had anything last longer than 6 months before it’s smoked up lol

Leave a comment:

• Ell
    replied
    i use them but i do believe they take away smell after a while

Leave a comment:

• Colombo
    replied
    I'am a springy to the touch guy also prior to jaring and curing, no humidity packs. Long term storage I vacuum seal small quantities of a grow for future use (thats also how it flies with me) and the rest does not stay around long.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    I'm convinced that there are more crooks out there than honest sellers.

• Weed Pharma
    commented on 's reply
    It's looking like the Curidor is nothing more than a wine cooler/chiller. (at 2-3x the price).
    I messaged Curidor on the website: for info on how they control the humidity levels- no answer.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Weed Pharma Curidor looks like a cool machine, but like others are saying below, I always run out before I would need something like that for long-term storage. My personal opinion: if weed's stored in a cool, dark place with average humidity, the degradation would be minimal after a year, but I've never had my home grown last for a year.

• Weed Pharma
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed- that is a main reason to cut it down or out- but I need to insure good quality , hence looking at the Curidor even though I have no problems with or without Boveda. Curidor, https://www.curidor.com/product-category/uncategorized/

• Ell
    commented on 's reply
    I think it does affect the aroma.

me too

• D.A.A.S.69
    commented on 's reply
    I only use Bovedas for a couple of weeks at first ,but i use hygrometers ,another week or two, then the jars dont get opened anymore. Till I pull a nug out to burn.

• DW2
    replied
    Howdy Weed Pharma, I do not use any humidity packs. As long as the buds are 'springy' to the touch, then they are O.K.. I cure my buds in jars, in the refrigerator, and burp them on a regular basis. For long term storage (six months pulse) I store them (in jars) in the freezer. Since I have switched to using bud caps instead of smoking the bud, I now cap them and store the capsules in the freezer as well. I have had some folks tell me that the fridge is too humid of an environment to cure in, but, come on, the jars are sealed and are only exposed to the atmospheric humidity when they are opened outside of the fridge when burping them. Early on, I lost about 1/2 ounce due to mold when curing at room temperature in a dark closet.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X