Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TO B(oveda)- or NOT TO B(oveda): That is the question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weed Pharma
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, when you are doing air exchanges- I think Boveda keeps it fresh.

• Potted
    replied
    I also try and time my runs to coincide with me running out of weed, usually about 5 or 6 months. 🤞depends on my intake😁.
    I also use humidity packs but only after drying for 4-5 days in paper bags, place in jars and burb daily for at least 2 weeks and
    after that I burp twice a week. Till I run out!
    Last edited by Potted; 01-31-2019, 09:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    replied
    I tend to lead on hydrometers more then humidity packs.

I dont use humidity packs as long as my jar stabilize in the 60's the first week or two and stay above 60%.
    If the buds are over dry (it happens) say 49% stable I will use them to store until I can use them up, Most my harvest is gone in 6 months.

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    replied
    Don't want to risk over drying so always use the Bovedas. After all of that work why chance it?

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    I'm also re-thinking how I use the Bovedas. I'm sticking with hygrometers in the jars, and no Bovedas; of course, I'm still curing. So if the buds don't start getting overly-dried and crumbly, I won't worry about putting a Boveda in. I think it does affect the aroma.

Leave a comment:

• TO B(oveda)- or NOT TO B(oveda): That is the question!

In reviewing my long term storage process (> 6 months), I am finding each company claims greatness and often contradict each other:

IE: Boveda claims increased preservation of terpenes for product stored using their packets,
    Yet Curidor (cooler/humidor) shows that Boveda decreases terpenes after 3 months and significantly at 6 months. (compared to Curidor).

That said, neither company identifies if it's the mono terpenes (which we smell and volatile @ 70f) or the remaining terpenes with a much higher volatile temperature. <- I don't know about terpenes, just regurgitating what I've read or viewed.

My long term storage area runs a constant 68f-70f for most of the year and I have never worried about it.

This has led me to adjust my Boveda usage to the following:

Add Boveda after the first week of burping, then remove one month later.
    Long Term Storage, under good conditions (few jar openings) used hygrometer- No Boveda.
    When I start consuming product from the jars (opening it every few days)- remove hygrometer and Boveda back in, to stablize humdity from air exchange.

How do you Boveda?
    Or not?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X