• Show
Clear All

Day 17, still alive, and looking good? Click image for larger version

Name:	20190218_230136.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	292941

Comment

Hi welcome I am a newbie too in week 6 of flowering. You might find some of my leanings helpful. Grow is a link to my Journal for my first grow I also have a list of everthing I have purchased up to a week ago or so. Good luck!

Hi everyone, with MI passing recreational usage, and timing perfect a friend that had grown for a while was moving out of state and gave me what he had. That
      Flower Tent: (12/12)
      600W HPS Flowering
      1 x Jack Herer 2 Auto - Potters Gold Soil
      1 x Gelato - Coco
      2 x Strawberry Banana - Coco

Veg Room: (14/8)
      1500W LED
      1 x Jack Herer 3 Auto - Coco
      3 x Mexican Airlines Auto - Fast Buds - Coco
      1 x G13 - Seed King - Coco
      1 x Gelato (Bonsai Mom) - Clone - Coco
      1 x Bubba Cheese Auto - HBS - Coco

Veg Tent:
      300W COBB LED
      Empty

First Grow Journal and Clone Journal
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...needed-a-hobby

Strawberry Banana, Gelato & Jack Herer Auto Grow Journal
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...a-x2-gelato-x1

All Auto's Journal
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...auto-s-journal

Gelato Bonsai Mother Project
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...onsai-mom-grow

Comment

Day 21 looking good so far, I have them in bat soil wirh bags over them to keep them humid, and using 50w of cfls right now, but have a 125w duel cfl for the next stage, but how long before I should use that light? Or are they ready now? Click image for larger version

Name:	20190220_155816.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	293162

Comment

I would hold off a few days before giving them more light with the 125W.
          How close is the 50W. The plant should be growing reaching towards the light with a bit longer nodes IMHO.
          What nutes are you using?
          What strength as far as ppm?
          I used coco once and it was okay but used extra Cali Magic by General Hydroponics. This can get a bit tough to calculate on your nute strength because faucet water already has some calcium or other minerals in it. General Hydroponics says it is hard to give too much calcium. From all I have read, especially on this site GWE coco grows needs the added calcium.
          The grow tutorials on here GWE have helped me get very good results.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190221_090608.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	293263
            Hi, The Lights are 20W and 1x30w, at 8 inches from the top the two plants.
            I'm going to swap the 20w for another 30W for now, to increase it to 60W for now,
            I have a 1M tent on the way, and already have a 2M tent and 600W led for the flowering stage.

Nurtients? when I got the germination kit there was a solution, that I mixed with mineral water,
            that I have been lightly spraying the soil and bags with,
            I didn't think they were old enough for food yet, so I'd like to know what you recommend,

Soil, I'm using bat-soil, soil with dead worms and bat droppings in it, Yummy , they seem to be happier in it.
            and I don't know what PPM is? sorry.
            I will have read some tutorials, but I can't always get the exact same products in the UK,
            Last edited by Jayce71; 02-21-2019, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Sometimes I have to start seeds out in my main tent with plant already in full veg under full 600w HID. And yes this will kill them every time without taking extra steps. I put them under the canopy for shade if I can. If your ballast isn’t dimmable, all you have to do is give them some shade. Use what you got. For example just recently I put a piece of paper inside one of those comic book protectors and placed it directly over the seedling (this was held in place on top of my scrog). I waited until she was 3 nodes high and removed the shade.
              Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

When I put a newly sprouted seed of some Glass Slipper under my new LED 600W full spectrum light it died too. That didn't happen with my MH light.
                The light I have has 2 section so I really think it is 300W X2 like an audio amplifier is rated. 300W of VEG section, 300W of BLOOM.
                Someone at the grow store in town said to use the bloom part for sprouts and seedlings so I may try that next go round.
                The ppm is a TDS Total Dissolved Solids meter reading of the nutrient mix mostly related to hydro solutions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TDS_meter
                Like SommerVirelli said it would likely be good to get them under big light, just with some shade or not directly under it if you can. I have even used a plastic grocery bag to do the same as above post to give clones some shade. Keep the bags on them for humidity. I have done that too. Works great.
                With good soil like that you shouldn't need nutrients other than supplement. I use egg shells for a little calcium and nitrogen like my granny used to do on houseplants or in the garden.

Comment

How's the seedling doing Jayce71?
                  I have been busy but wanted to say to try just using one of the small CFL bulbs. My 45 Watt LED w IR, UV is too much for my clones if it is too close. I made a shade screen from a grocery bag and then hung the light from side of tent as shown below in pics. I also covered up half of the IR, UV LEDs with tape. That was 2 days ago, and the clones are doing better, today.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X