Leaf discoloration, humidity, and nutrition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaf discoloration, humidity, and nutrition

This is my first grow, and I've so far decided to (probably idiotically) grow 3 different varieties in a space that may be too small, too cold, and too wet for them. As you may have guessed, I have some questions:

1. I've noticed I have a leaf on one of the plants (Somango XXL) which was missing its tip, and had some strange orange dots on it. (see photo). What is that? It's only affecting one of the leafs. Should I be concerned?

2. If you look at the photo of all 3 of my plants, you'll notice some humidity building on the back of my grow tent. It's currently around 60-70% RH. Is that alright in the vegetative stage, or should I throw some more fans in there?

3. My space is limited to a 32" x 20" grow tent. I just did LST and Topping this past weekend. Given my limited grow space, how much longer should I leave the plants in vegetative before switching to flowering? I was thinking 1-2 more weeks... is that too soon?

4. They are growing in soil (Foxfarm Ocean Forest) and up until this past weekend I had not yet fertilized because I didn't want to mess them up (they were still looking healthy). But, last weekend I decided to add some Foxfarm Big Bloom and Grow Big at half-strength. They seemed to like it and became more bushy. I've so far been watering ever 3-4 days, and misting the leaves every day. Is it a good idea to fertilize once every 3 waterings? Should I keep it at half strength, or go balls to the walls?

Thank you all in advance!
    VIVOSUN 36"x20"x62" grow tent
    MARS HYDRO TS 1000W LED
    Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro & Grow
    Mother Earth coco coir

1. Possibly a fungus...do you treat the girls with an antifungal? Like neem oil? Might want to give that a try.
    2. More fans or a dehumidifier. Moisture leads to mold/fungus.
    3. Really depends on your grow lights. Spread the plant branches to cover the entire square area, then let them grow to the optimal height that your grow light can penetrate.
    4. I use the FFOF soil (super hot) and the 13 FF liquid feeds. I follow the recommended feed chart found on the FF website. I would think full strength is ok now. Seeing how they didn’t burn in that hot FFOF soil. I recommend feeding once per week and watering to keep up with the container size in between feeding.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Greenish
      Greenish commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the neem oil suggestion! I'll give it a shot. I'll follow your other suggestions too, and look out for any discolorations.

I should also add that I planted the seeds on December 6, 2018. They sprouted around December 10th. That puts them at 36 days above ground, or about 5 weeks.
    VIVOSUN 36"x20"x62" grow tent
    MARS HYDRO TS 1000W LED
    Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro & Grow
    Mother Earth coco coir

Comment

The few dots on one leaf might suggest something got sprayed on it. If it were on more leaves you should be concerned, it's not.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Here is what I think.

#1 No concern- as new growth is looking good.
        #2 Humidity is too high- not sure of you have exhaust fan- but that's what needs to increase first, then increase temps with circulation. (and stop misting plants)
        #3 You have healthy plants and I would flip them to 12/12 now!
        #4 They got bushy because you topped them. You don't need much fertilizer to maintain them.

They need to dry out well between waterings.
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Greenish
          Greenish commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I'll try to drop the humidity by circulating my exhaust fan and I'll stop misting.

I haven't been running the exhaust fan thus far because it drops my grow tent to 55 degrees or so (basement temp). I'll try running it on a timer so it doesn't drop as much.

Read this on neem oil and be informed, then choose what you wish.
        Hi, I was reading an article about how similarly CHS presents as Neem poisoning, found this link from NCBI discussing a case of neem poisoning, my question is

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Read my new comment on that thread. Neem oil has been in use for much longer than CHS has been reported. Why is it a problem now? CHS symptom reports fits the timeline of the introduction of azamax. Most people don’t realize that azamax is only a root drench (not a foiler spray). It’s made from neem oil extract.... so it stays on the plant much longer than neem oil does.
          It’s not the product, but improper usage. Neem oil on leaves durring veg has not caused CHS.... but it’s concentrated extract azamax is another story.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Check this out... azamax has been recalled in some states for containing more compounds than listed on the bottle.
          Btw, No case ofCHS exists prior to 2004.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X