Help. Ready to quit growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help. Ready to quit growing

We here I go again. Having the same browning issue as last three grows. This grow is in Kindsoil with FFOF to rule out nute lockout. Have had exact same issue for the last four grows. Have ruled out nute lockout, water PH has been 6.5, temps in high 70's with humidity in upper 40's until flower, then lowered to low 40's upper 30's. The only constant between all these grows are they have been autos (have had no issues with photo grows) and 315 LEC light. All seeds came from same breeder and order so could it be contaminated seeds? Could it be a bad LEC bulb (notice lines in photo)? Have been asking and researching this issue for well over 1 1/2 years and can't find the root problem. About three weeks from harvest and yields have differently been low. Really frustrated and will go back to a photo grow next but if this issue continues I going to sell all my equipment and just go to DC and buy on the street!
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

BTW, browning starts when flower begins.
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm hydro so I have no idea, I just wanted to say Hope you find the answer. Would be sad if you quit growing!!!

I sure did notice the stripe in the picture; I'm subbed. Want to know what the problem is. Why don't you also PM Nebula and Sirius and ask about this. This situation warrants it.

in a 2.5 x 3.5 space you might want to try the hempy method, possibly with seeds from a different source.

Comment

do you always pH to 6.5? or do you let it range higher and lower?

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        PuravidaC Well, not all goddamn weeds are the same. We do not harvest dandilion flowers and treat them like we treat our buds. My understanding is: If I want to grow the most potent and large buds, I gotta make sure to do certain things, like with temp and humidity during flower. I'm not saying the pH is causing the brown buds, it would sure help if you could take a picture in natural light without the brown stripes.

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        alltatup, I was mostly kidding about it being a weed. That was what was said in the old days! Too late for photos in natural light as I harvested the other day. Gonna take a short break, order some photo seeds and get back to the garden!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        PuravidaC We got to get outselves back to the garden. Always...

Kindsoil has a lot of coco, have you tried any calcium and magnesium? I have used kindsoil for awhile now and some strains need calmag of some sort.
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

β€’Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

β€’600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

β€’4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

β€’14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        Used plenty, maybe too much cal/mag last grow. That's why I tried kind soil this time. Even though It's advertised as needing no additives, I have added a little cal/mag and Molasses the past week but has not stopped progression.

In sorry to hear that my old friend. Please consider growing in coco. You will never look back. Who knows what really is in those premixed soils. Fox farms works great to start but it can be frustrating trying to fine tune the nutrient intake. This is my first grow in coco but I can already see the difference. Plants grow faster and better

Comment

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        PuravidaC YES COCO/ PERLITE & Photoperiod. I will write you my very opinionated list ( including strains I’ve grown /recommend) of what I use ( for 5 years now) if you will give me your tent size and fans/lights info.
        It IS NOT complicated..nothing jazzy about it.
        Bite the bullet of change πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€“

• Cronk
        Cronk commented
        Editing a comment
        I like Coco myself. In 3 grows They've all done real well. Water once a day and they go nuts. Seems like the problems I read about are always in soil. Seems like in a tent with a 315 LEC coco would be ideal for you.

• PuravidaC
        PuravidaC commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah Cronk, Tika has been busting my balls to grow in coco for quite a while!! (Love ya, Tika! 😘). Just harvested problem children and that is the last of my auto seeds. So going back to photos, and yes, coco... it just kills me that my first couple of grows (photos) were my best. And that was using an old phototron 3000 with some extra CFL bulbs that a friend gave me. $1000 later and I'm about to give up!!

I’d say stick with photos. And stay with organic soil but mix it yourself, going with coco and using bottled nutes means you have to trust whom ever is putting together your nutrients line is doing a clean job also your coco where as with your own soil your in control of everything. I’m growing in dwc but going to try living soil maybe No Till not sure yet. I already started my worm bin. For now I will continue with dwc Until I build my own soil then I’ll give that a try. Don’t give up growing specially if your going to buy from someone that you don’t know how they grow the bud.

Comment

Same thing goes for the stuff on the street, who knows how it’s been growen or sprayed with what?

Comment

You know what I will say do you not? If not pm me should you wish and I’ll give you my phone #
          Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
          Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
          GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
          photoperiod feminized seeds
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
          http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            ooo, thats not the good kind of "I'll give you my phone #" thats the "I'll give you a piece of my mind" kind

• PuravidaC
            PuravidaC commented
            Editing a comment
            Have known Tika a long time and not worried about getting "a piece of her mind" because I know it will be positive and informative! 😁

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            awww

ROFLMAO

Do not worry about your issues brother, just stop growing autos and try your first photo-period my first 3 grows we’re very similar, all AUTOS!

They are unpredictable and growth is unexpected, try your next grow with a few regs in the same space, veg them out, select your females and you’ll be pleased with the results!

Comment

• PuravidaC
            PuravidaC commented
            Editing a comment
            Started out growing photos and had no issues for 3 or 4 grows. Switched to autos and have had nothing but issues and small yields. Gonna go back to growing photos to see if that is indeed to issue.

I'm going to comment here FWIW and suggest to the OP that his 'root' problem may be insufficient lighting during early veg; this may prevent the plants from 'fully' growing, leading to a host of other issues including low yield. The browning could be part of the plant's own 'finishing' process, but also is indicative of some type nutrient issue; this could easily come from the soil.

If you switch to photos you will see higher yields (from bigger plants) but there will be some other issues to deal with, space not the least of them. Indoor grows can easily be overwhelmed by a successful photo plant(s).

I've just switched from photos to autos for a variety of reasons; I hope you can get the above issues sorted out and find an auto strain that performs well for your setup. Good luck!
          Agromax XL tent, Sun System lo-pro Mag XXXL, SolisTek Matrix ballast, SolisTek MH/HPS bulbs, GH Flora Trio, CO2 bag, 3 gal Air-Pots.

Comment

• PuravidaC
            PuravidaC commented
            Editing a comment
            Can't imagine there is a problem with insufficient lighting as I have been using a 315 LEC at 22" above canopy. I use Cfl's for the first 7 to 10 days then switch to 315. It isn't part of "finishing" process as browning starts around the same time flowering begins. I have had several successful photo grows and tried my hand at autos after reading all the aculades here but my luck with autos has not been positive. This grow is the last of my auto seeds so I am going back to growing photos to see if that could be the issue. I am out of options if that doesn't work.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            PuravidaC Brother I wish i could help you. But I ain't got a clue, never had problems like that with my autos, in KindSoil or Delta soil.
            You might just be snakebit, with the automatics. Wish you good luck with your photos ,though. I know you can grow them, cause i remember seeing some youve grown, awhile back. GoodLuck
            HappyGrowing

Just autos guys, some come come out pure, some mutate, just life

Comment

PuravidaC having a good laugh...
            just working with a new coco ( I loathe change you know) so yes...it’s working without fus or mus
            coming to clean your closet...no ball busting.....well maybe just a little tiny wee bit
            got seeds lined up?😜
            Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
            Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
            GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
            photoperiod feminized seeds
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• PuravidaC
              PuravidaC commented
              Editing a comment
              Always like to brighten your day! Haven't bought new seeds yet. Thinking about White Widow or Wonder Woman. Maybe even AK-48. That was what I started with and had good luck. My friend here recommends Amnesia Haze. Long story short... no, I haven't lined up seeds. Can you tell??? πŸ€”

I can't believe you are experiencing the same problem from a seed problem. Where are you getting the seeds?

Comment

• PuravidaC
              PuravidaC commented
              Editing a comment
              Got these seeds from Fast Buds (actually Seedsman). Just grasping at straws trying to figure out WTF!! πŸ˜‚ I had read about fungus issues with seeds but could have picked it up where I stored seeds. It just seems odd that I have had same issue with every grow from last seed order.

It looks like a phosphorus issue (deficiency)- which makes little sense because, auto's only need a quick boost in weeks 4-6 of flower.
            Otherwise, I would look at fan strength/distance.
            It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
            http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• PuravidaC
              PuravidaC commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting Weed Pharma. I have two small 6" fans along with a 12" osculating fan but none blow directly on plants. I also have a 6" exhaust fan but haven't seen any wind burn photos that look like my girls. Have you seen wind burn that causes browning on leaves? The browning progresses all the way to the sugar leaves.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X