Bottom leaf problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you cut a fan leaf off leave a little nub of the stem
    here's a picture for reference I know it's not the leaf In question just a better view.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190115_193805.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	425.6 KB
ID:	284231
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Trimmings426
      Trimmings426 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just wondering, why do you want to leave a nub stem when trimming the fan leaves? I've never did that and wondering if maybe if thats why I've had a few slight growth problems after trimming the fans from the plant especially when the tops are still smaller in size. I just trimmed a few fan leaves from my 2 manifolded white widows and wanting to know what to expect from that ? When I trimmed them I trimmed them back as close as I could to the main stem without hurting the newer tops.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      1) precautionary measures so not to have a new grower cut to far back and damage the important growth tip. It does not hurt to leave a little more but you can't replace it if yiu take too much. 2) support to keep from over bending when training.

Perfect. Thanks.

Comment

I trimmed off the damaged leaves today

Comment

Day 26. Watering to runoff. 3 days and soil tests everywhere as dry. 12 cups of

Comment

Day 26 from seed

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Good Color, looks very healthy.

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good start - nice to see a happy plant.

Thanks guys

Comment

Now that I’ve started watering less frequently to runoff in my organic soil. How many watering before I should start adding nutes? I’ve researched how much to add. I just think that if I can get all the natural nutrients out of the soil before I start adding something synthetic the plants will be healthier. At the same time I realize that earlier mistakes have put me about 5 days behind where this plant would be if all went well. I’m thinking my soil should do the trick on its own for at least a couple of weeks with the natural nutes in it.
            Last edited by Amatuerhour; 01-23-2019, 06:05 PM.

Comment

34 days. Had some problems uploading pics last week but all is well now. Watering 1L-2L every 3 days. I just notice a tiny bit of runoff. I feed more on days where I add nutrients so I get the 10% runoff. I also switched side lighting to LED’s from CFL’s. Nutes are 1/2 tsp per 4 L of water of each Micro,Grow and Bloom.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking good!

Thanks RF. I’m pretty sure I’m fully out of the woods. Got substantial new growth off the trimmed stems as well.

Comment

Noticed some problems last night. I sprung into action by flushing I added 2L if water. I also shut off my side LED lighting to try to keep damage to a minimum. Seems to look about the same this morning. Not much additional damage if any. Spotted leaf has slightly yellow tips. Also base of leaves seems to be splitting. I trimmed some undergrowth yesterday.
                Hoping it doesn’t die

Comment

Looks alright to me - third pic - your main stem looks to be starting to bow, your grate is holding it down preventing any further vertical growth.
                  ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                  Mars Hydro
                  Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Your torn Leaf is most likely from grabbing your pot handle in the picture and catching the leaf. Yellow could be from sidelights, if it doesn't get better with them off may need some nitrogen.
                    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

The handles were causing me some grief so I folded the edges down now the handles are out of the way. Next time I’ll fill the pot fuller.

Comment

Yes the grate was holding it back for sure. I took the picture before I raised the light. Here’s a pic now.

Comment

• Canuck147
                          Canuck147 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You need wider holes if your trying to scrog.

Ok. I was using this as a guide so my light stays in the optimum range but I must admit I let it stay up against the rack for a couple days in hopes that the bottom bud sites got a little closer to the top. Been bending a stem or 2 to make sure as many of them as possible get direct light. Temp setup for my first grow. I’m gonna have a better setup next winter as I will be growing some veggies as well. I’ve been planning it for a while. I think a Scrog setup would be benificial in my new room so I will look into the proper way to build one for sure. Thanks Canuck. Oh and go leafs go. Lol. Fellow Canuck here

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X