Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fruits of the labor, very sticky GG4
    Attached Files
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

I've tried about 10 different strains from dispensaries. Gorilla Glue was the only one that was not a disappointment. Looking Good !!
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Humidity has settled in at 58% in the GG4 jars, which is about perfect for this sticky strain for rolling
        Eliot Pryor , ever buy an "I" savings bond? I'd guess when the interest rate gets readjusted in April(currently 7.12%) it might be higher? $10K max/cal. year. I'm interested.

• Eliot Pryor
        Eliot Pryor commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't have any I bonds. I have been reading about them recently. Nice return !!

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Eliot Pryor aside from the with drawl penalties under certain circumstances, I don't see much downside for a bit different alternative place to park $10K(or less). Only losing a third of a percent to inflation . Yet for some (UNM) inflation can be a good thing(shameless plug) <g>. From their conference call after beating top and bottom line earnings
        Operator

Thank you, Mark. And our next question is from Erik Bass from Autonomous Research. Erik, your line is now open, if you’d like to proceed.

Erik Bass

Hi. Thank you. Can you talk broadly about the impact of higher inflation on your business? How much benefit do you get from rising wages in the premiums? And are there any areas where you're exposed to higher potential claim costs because of increased general inflation? And how does it affect your outlook for G&A growth?

Rick McKenney

Yes, it's a good broad question, Erik. I think, when you think about inflation, so you think about inflation and then possibly interest rates as well. But focusing on the inflation side, we will see some benefit. I think, we articulated some of those results and what we talk about is natural growth. When we see wages go up, we're going to benefit by that, just given the covers that we have out there and protecting people.

We see a little bit of it in our own costs, as Mike articulated. But I think it's -- from an overall perspective, an inflationary environment is a good one for us and that's pretty much holistic, Mike. I don't know if you'd add anything to that.

Mike Simonds

No, I think you're right. I think the benefits that we pay out on the disability side and the life insurance side, are oftentimes a function of salary. So the benefits will move up, but the premium will move up in lockstep and that's really a good premium. It comes in with very low acquisition costs and very little incremental expense to serve. So, like Rick said, I think it's roundly positive for us.

Still holding them back My window sill clones are now almost 4 months old(and 6" high!), continuously chopped
      and pretty much stuck in a heavy pre-flower state. They haven't seen artificial light since the beginning of Dec (except light from the living room in the morning and night before bedtime).
      Days are noticeably longer now and would think they'd be thinking of reverting to a full veg state.
      They are destined to be planted out in the woods somewhere, left to their own devise. They've been nice to have as house plants.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN5395.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	558514
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

Bowhunterwoody

A couple of deer looking out my dirty kitchen window yesterday. Now that most the snow has melted I can see that I
        made pretty good headway(5 cord done for sure) on next winters wood. Only 6 more logs from the truck load left to cut up and split, yea. Be awhile before I
        can stack it up, ground has to firm up.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5400.JPG
Views:	462
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	560409

Name:	DSCN5407.JPG
Views:	439
Size:	3.59 MB
ID:	560410

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I will no longer have a wood stove to deal with. I will miss it believe it or not, i curse cleaning it out 1x wk in winter but i will miss the warmth and cooking ability when the power goes out LOL. I will create a firepit for sure

• Bowhunterwoody
          Bowhunterwoody commented
          Editing a comment
          Both the doe and skipper look healthy! Seem to have made it through the winter in great shape. Must be early brown ground for you this year. Hurts my back just looking at that pile of wood. Blocking and splitting are actually fun work, stacking just plain sucks.

Hard to believe, these natural light window sill grown clones are a week shy of 5 months old, now 7 inches tall (lol). Still no signs of revegging yet. They must have concrete like root balls by now. They might just make it to planting season.

Name:	DSCN5411.JPG
Views:	440
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	560679

Comment

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          My kind of house plant

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          Ckbrew nothing better than "house plants" in the winter, they see m to offer hope (hope the winter will end soon!)

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes i see that. I will have to remember this next fall. A small project to keep me entertained over the winter.

Long time, no post. After skipping a year, decided to grow a couple GG4's and white windows. Having grown both before(using my own seeds this go)
        I know the white widow wants to grow tall and straight. So the two in bondage are the WWs. All have received their final topping.
        These will be grown in small containers on my deck. Hope all is well with ya'll.
        A peaceful morning here in the mountains, although a bit smokey from the Canadian wild fires.

Name:	IMG_4604.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	597141 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4603.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	4.09 MB
ID:	597143

Name:	IMG_4602.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	597144
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Boy fella it's good to see your still around these parts. your place looks so beautiful. I've thought about those fires up your way i've not heard much from the Canadian growers how their fairing. Your plants are looking great BTW everything is still so green, round here it's getting dry as heck very dangerous in the woods.

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking good. I borrowed the binder clip move for this year's grow, working out well.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there @greenstate

Nice setup you have there

Fires are a regular occurrence here and not something anyone enjoys. We had had some pretty big ones here a few years ago with putrid thick smoke and it ruined crops across two states..smoke taint they call it but I'm not sure if it adds or detracts from the flavour of your grass, since it is smoked.

Gonna do a shout out to oldjarhead100 hope you are well brother? I know your busy but how's your garden this year so far?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal Ckbrew Nice seeing some familiar names! Hope you all are well!
          Those clips do work well for adjusting the tension on the tie downs, especially if you have to slowly coax a branch in place.

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Never know who might say HIGH!

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr.furley Ditto right back at you! Nice to see you stop by.
            Hope all is well with you and yours.

Looking good !! Always have loved the view of your yard. Thanks for sharing.
          Focus and relativity.

Comment

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            Eliot Pryor Good to see you still around as well. I can get direct sunlight at 7:30am if I put
            the plants on the railing in that spot. Have to move them around 8:30 to a different spot to continue getting that sun.
            And if I'm energetic a final move in late afternoon keeps them sunny till 4:30pm! LOL .
            Bluey the smoke was pretty thick here today for sure, just hanging in the air. Made for a great sunrise though, a deep red sun ball.

Hey GreenState. Welcome back. The smoke got pretty bad here in Ct too. Supposed to be bad again today. Everything was kinda orange all day. Plants look great! How'd you make out with the freeze a couple weeks ago? My buddy lost his apple blossoms. Supposed to be a tough year now for apples in northern NY and NE.

Comment

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Bowhunterwoody , good to see you're still here. Been whacky weather for sure, went from a couple of 90 degree days down into the 30's. 46 and drizzly out there this morning. I haven't heard to much bad news from the freeze, my 45 yo blueberry
            bush is looking good and loaded up, so that's good, otherwise I don't have much of a garden going. Been having to make regular
            trips down to Florida to check up on my aging parents.(I should be getting a special frequent flyer discount from Bradley airport! LOL) That of course will make my weed grow challenging, but will soldier
            on . Looks like continued sub-par weather for a few more days.
            Last edited by GreenState; 06-08-2023, 04:53 AM.

Bowhunterwoody not a very good picture, taken through the door glass and screen. Just spotted the tail end of this fella
          down by the pond.

Name:	bear.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	597328

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a pretty one. Definitely a yearling. Long legs. See more bears then deer here now. Coyotes too. Deer are down over 60% in last five years. Predation on the fawns for sure. Still won't legislate a bear hunt. Someone's going to get killed before that happens. My wife sprays them with the hose in the yard to get rid of them. Crazy.

Sure beats looking at roadside snow banks! (lol)

Name:	DSCN5697.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	3.27 MB
ID:	598215

Comment

Bowhunterwoody Some pretty shitty weather we've been having the last few weeks!

While it looks lush, that plant closest in the photo is sure much lighter in color than the supposed sister closet to the rail, kitty corner(white widow).
            Has had issues since birth. Leaves have been curling some, but haven't found a cure. If I had my druthers, I'd force them to flower in the next week or so.
            Unfortunately (I don't want them to tall and frost comes early here)) my target date is 7/20. It will be interesting as these were seeds from plants that hermied on a few buds.
            Could be crosses for all I know, could be male as well. (ha--the excitement)
            Had to add a cage to the GG4 on the left, floppy with the rain!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4630.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.08 MB ID:	598543
            Last edited by GreenState; 06-27-2023, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• GreenState
              GreenState commented
              Editing a comment
              Bowhunterwoody Sorry to hear about the bud rot!! Bummer. Mold and bud rot is the reason I try and keep my plants
              a portable size, where I can move them inside if need be. But I'm in the same boat, leaving for a week in July and plants
              will be unattended. Seems this happens annually with the deck plants. Height is what I battle, as by law, they aren't supposed
              to be visible to anyone, although one would need binoculars to actually determine what they are (g). Air is a tad bit dryer here today, still humid with chances of more rain
              Question for all, I need to buy some flowering nutes, any suggestions? I want simple, single bottle.
              Thanks!!!

• Bowhunterwoody
              Bowhunterwoody commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey GreenState. I've had some luck with Dynagro Bloom for flower. Both indoors and out. It's pretty acidic, takes a good amount of pH up to get in the zone, but works well.

• GreenState
              GreenState commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Bowhunterwoody Decided to go with what I've used all along, Botanicare pure blend pro bloom.
              I'm using their grow formula currently.
              I SEE THE SUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (saw on the news New Hampshire has had 21 days of rain this month. Close to a record up on Mt Washington)

Well I think i can Bluey I could turn down my big light i guess to about 50% it's got 250w which works great in my 3x3x62" ( I think that's the height ) but i don't want to set up my seedling station lights i've put them away cleared off the table LOL. I'm hesitant to just let them sit outdoors in the garage window cause of spiders or other crawlers then bringing them indoors in the fall but i'm still thinking about it. They are so strong these two unknowns what if what if they are fire funky when i harvest them.....kick myself for not saving them for future moms ??? It get so hot in the green house I'm still thinking about doing it shit shit.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Bowhunterwoody Very healthy doe out back this morning. Scuffing her hoof on the ground and snorting at me(150ft away). Actually the first time I've ever heard
              a deer snort/growl. I saw SoOrbudgal posted a pic of her hedge (g), I'll add a pic of mine. Looks like my blueberry bush came through that late season freeze OK

Name:	DSCN5713.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	598820

Name:	DSCN5714.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	598822

Name:	DSCN5720.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	598821

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Boy that's one loaded blueberry bush great producer this year. That doe may have fawns she's warning with the snorts and scraping of her hoofs. They sure get aggressive with others around their fawns, had a dog get it's eye punched once cause it got too close where she hid her babies.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X