No announcement yet.

A new grow, GG#4/WW/BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We shall see if they live or die Having to start supporting a few of the tops.
    Everyone have a happy, safe holiday! (I'm dreading the Atlanta airport...will be double masking
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5372.JPG
Views:	422
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	550432

Name:	DSCN5373.JPG
Views:	404
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	550433
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck with both your trip and the plants.

Good luck Christmas gnome living in a palm tree. (hopes he's watching over my plants back home
    Happy holidays all

Name:	IMG_3675.JPG
Views:	407
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	550723
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

Much better than freezing rain and snow! Merry Christmas all

Name:	IMG_3739.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	912.0 KB
ID:	550950Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3706.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	550951

Comment

Well gang, my plants came through just fine!!! A little tacoing from stress, but buds look much fatter now 7 days later (g)
        Passed a couple of billboards on the way home.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3765.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	551198
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3761.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.33 MB ID:	551199
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3757.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	551200

Last edited by GreenState; 12-27-2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the plants! Were those billboards on 91 in Mass? We get them in CT for Mass too.

Comment

Congrats on your successful remote growing.
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Ckbrew thanks CK. They definitely took a little hit, my guess is from the cold in the house (55 degrees or so). But they are alive with 3 or so more weeks to go
              until they're finished, so's all is good. Bowhunterwoody yes the billboards were on 91 in Northampton, a pretty liberal place if there ever was one (g).
              Years ago, Vermont passed a law making billboard signs illegal, so I'm always still kind of shocked when I see these.

Comment

A couple of better pictures showing the damage taken on as a result of my 7 day absence. A poorly unplanned grow, they've had 3 strikes against them from the beginning, but at least it is very good GG4. I just didn't have the heart to toss them out after cloning as originally planned
                Typically would start my winter grow on the first of the year after the holidays, going to hold off until the spring / summer 2 plant deck grow.

Name:	image_150109.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	551326

Name:	image_150110.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	551327

Last edited by GreenState; 12-28-2021, 06:18 PM.

Comment

@Eliot Pryor Well, Ford's gone through a consolidation phase but may be looking to be breaking out of the channel.
                  It's getting interesting. Had to jettison ANF for a small loss, have added UNM ($24.68/sh) and KHC ($35.98/sh yesterday) for the new year. Trying not to stretch for yield in a stretched market (g).
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	F breakout chart.png Views:	0 Size:	47.3 KB ID:	552007

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
                    Eliot Pryor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    AFC Gamma, Inc. originates, structures, underwrites, and manages senior secured loans and other types of loans for established companies operating in the cannabis industry in states that have legalized medicinal and/or adult use cannabis. It primarily originates loans structured as senior loans secured by real estate, equipment, licenses and/or other assets of the loan parties to the extent permitted by applicable laws and the regulations governing such loan parties. AFC Gamma, Inc. has elected and qualified to be taxed as a real estate investment trust for the United States federal income tax purposes under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986. The company was founded in 2020 and is based in West Palm Beach, Florida
                    I have Altria (symbol MO). They sell Marlboro and they bought into Juul a couple years ago and promptly lost their ass. PFE and ABBV are developing medicines derived from cannabis. I think AFCG is the only pure cannabis play I have. I copied that info from Yahoo's financial page.

• GreenState
                    GreenState commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good morning Eliot Pryor. Have owned Altria in the past but luckily got out before the crash and burn(financial crisis 2008), held it a number of years and was a fantastic dividend producer. I haven't seen much success from their weed endeavors,same for ABBV.
                    The yahoo business description you posted was what led me to think the company was structured more like a BDC than a reit, but it's unimportant, just sparked my interest. When my interest is sparked, it's an opportunity to learn more, which is always a good thing

A windy, chilly 3 degrees here this morning, think I'll declare a wood splitting snow day (ha,ha).
                    Last edited by GreenState; 01-08-2022, 05:52 AM.

• Eliot Pryor
                    Eliot Pryor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good morning GreenState. 3 degrees and windy is a good reason to take a day off. Seems like bdc's and reit's are quite similar. I still have MO. I have a daughter named Simone. When she was a child I called her Mo. So MO is a favorite of mine. Also I'm in it for an average cost of 28 dollars. MAIN and ARCC are a couple of BDC's I have been holding quite awhile. Have a great day !!

IRM has been good for me also. Got in around 30 bucks. I have about 20 different stocks. I don't trade much just buy and hold for the dividends.
                  Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
                    Eliot Pryor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    GreenState living on a boat sounds like a dream come true to me. I had a small machine shop for forty years. I retired at 62. Picked up another 100 shares of ACFG at $20.23 this morning. Quit the last job I ever had in October 1976. I think I am what is referred to as "hard core unemployable".

• GreenState
                    GreenState commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Eliot Pryor Certainly been nice to see IRM and other value/income investments outperform during the 1st quarter.
                    I was pleasantly surprised to end the Q in the green!
                    Hope all is well on your end. Getting ready to begin my final work season, even got the big dog truck out of the garage. Full
                    tank of diesel purchased in November when I put her up for the winter. That Nov. fill up was probably @ $2 less per gallon than current diesel prices!
                    All the best
                    (finally bought a position in O(03/14/22) at $65.02/sh, had been patiently waiting for months! ha,ha)
                    Last edited by GreenState; 04-02-2022, 04:04 AM.

• Eliot Pryor
                    Eliot Pryor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    GreenState O was a stock I held for a while, made a bit on it moved on for some reason I can't remember. I also did alright the 1st quarter. Bet you never considered diesel a growth investment. Good to hear from you !!

And I'm sure everyone is sitting on pins and needles wondering how I am progressing with next years wood
                  I'd guess I've got 2 cord split..little at a time, somedays, very little! Time for my nap

Name:	IMG_3790.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	552061

Comment

Mentioned UNM bought @$24.68 as it broke through a double top and reversed back into the channel. Seeing some of the 13F filing info coming in from hedge funds it appears there was quite a bit of selling in the 4th quarter. Yet rising rates could be beneficial to them along with financials in general, not to mention any improvement in covid.
                    Being a contrarian investor at heart at least I'm happy someone at Goldman Sachs came in with a buy rating and price target of 32 in December.
                    It ran up quickly last week and now is approaching resistance, I'm tempted to add if we see a decent pullback.

Name:	UNM chart.png
Views:	359
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	552725

Comment

• GreenState
                      GreenState commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Eliot Pryor Well the upside to this market downside is, I sure am getting a lot of my firewood cut and split! (lol!)
                      I did average up some, adding to IRM @ 42.50

• Eliot Pryor
                      Eliot Pryor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      GreenState pretty wild trading going on, look for more. I picked up another 100 of afcg @ 18.75 so now I'm in at 20.20. I'm holding a couple hundred of Kohl's (KSS) for more than 2 years, So on Monday they get a bid to buy them out. That made them jump buy about 30 %. At least one bright spot. Have a great day !!

• GreenState
                      GreenState commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Eliot Pryor I saw the news out of KSS, it seems to have lifted all boats in the sector. I might have mentioned,
                      I have a close relative who is a lead men's outerwear designer for one of Kohl's publicly traded competitors.
                      They treat him quite well, silicon valley well with salary &perks...

Originally posted by GreenState View Post
                    Well gang, my plants came through just fine!!! A little tacoing from stress, but buds look much fatter now 7 days later (g)
                    Passed a couple of billboards on the way home.
                    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3765.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	551198
                    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3761.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.33 MB ID:	551199
                    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3757.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.83 MB ID:	551200
                    Either they put those billboards up this fall, or I'm completely blind!
                    I drove through there this past summer (on my way to do the Ben and Jerry's tour) and didn't see anything cannabis related.
                    Grow Tent: 3' x 3' x 72", 4' x 4' x 80"
                    Grow Lights: 2 x Vivosun VS1000, Vivosun VS2000, HLG 600
                    Grow Medium (Bubba Kush): Coco/Perlite Hydroponics Flora Trio
                    Grow Medium (White Widow): Coco/Perlite,General Hydroponics Flora Trio

Comment

Hoping the end of this week will bring a close to the 1 gallon grow. That would mark 12 weeks since flipping.
                      Having trouble keeping the branches upright.

Name:	IMG_3821.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	553880

Comment

You know your weed is getting close to finishing when outside shoveling snow, you can smell it!

(the downside of a metal roof, an avalanche when it sheds)

Name:	IMG_3826.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	553887

Comment

• Ckbrew
                          Ckbrew commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My neighbor put a metal roof on his house. I guess he didn't think about all the oak trees near his house. In the fall when the acorns are ripe and fall from the trees and hit his roof, well the sound is like a firing range, just not as loud. When the wind blows, auto fire!

• UndergroundFarmer
                          UndergroundFarmer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You haven't known scary until you ride out a hail storm inside a metal-roofed house!

• GreenState
                          GreenState commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I can relate to all. We have a very large apple tree that overhangs part of the roof and in late fall when they're dropping
                          sounds like the house is being hit by golf balls (lol). No dents though. One more somewhat warmer day here, then the big chill sets in again. But hey, it's right on schedule as we are in the typically coldest time of the year here.
                          And here's a happy thought on humanity....Had a propane delivery day after the storm and on the bill left on the door, the driver wrote me a thank you note for snowblowing a path to the tanks, thought that was nice....better than the price per gallon anyways!
                          Last edited by GreenState; 01-20-2022, 07:49 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X