No announcement yet.

A new grow, GG#4/WW/BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good GreenState i'm watching that HBD I have some in auto fem. hopefully will run those next after this grow.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal will keep you posted on the HBD. Funny, looking around it seems as though most seeds offered are autos. I got these photos from new 420 guy, so we'll see. I think it's going to be a stretchy one and plan on putting a cage around her today for future branch support. The BW needs no support, but don't know about the durban (have to play it by ear)
      All right, woodstove is loaded back up and I'm going back to bed!

Well, decided to flip to 12/12 and switch to HPS this morning. 1 or 2 days shy of 5 weeks.Changed nuets and defoliated.(tough day for the plants(g))) I think the HBD is going to be a stretchy girl. Blue widow is still the shortest by 2" without topping. Actually smoking a little bw this morning, 1 full jar left. I can tell the days are getting longer now, I like it.
    Last edited by GreenState; 01-30-2020, 09:44 AM.
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I am loving the longer days.

Not a very good photo. Got an inch of stretch overnight! Durban front, BW back left and HBD back right. Don't think the HBD is going to amount to much, but we'll see. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1938.JPG
Views:	543
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	371460
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

My hps re-purposed 400 w parking lot flood light. Runs so much cooler than the 400w mh fixture. Any electricians out there? I have 3 or 4 of these fan units, squirrel cage fans.
      I picked then up from a condo building changing out their individual forced air furnaces for a central boiler, so these came out of those furnaces systems. They can be thermostatically controlled, and I rewired one bypassing the switch. My question is, could I use a dimmer switch to control (lower the speed-these things blow some air) without damaging the fan motor? Here's a .pdf file for the box fan TIA.. http://tjernlund.com/Tjernlund_8504038.pdf Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1940.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.63 MB ID:	371503Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1866.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.41 MB ID:	371504Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1864.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	371505

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the motors are not designed to run at different speeds by lowering the electric ,I think if you put it on a switch that turns it off and on it will work and you can also put it on a thermostat controlled plug . I regulate my temp and humidity by turning the fan off and on its off for 1.5 hours then on for 15 minutes then off for 1,5 I do this all day and it keeps the room between 70 and 80 % rh and the same with the heat ,

I think the thermostat control plug would be better for what you want to do

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks OJH, you're probably right.. Is this the beginning of male bits in next photo?

1 day into flip. balls? male? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1943.JPG
Views:	515
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	371530Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1943.JPG
Views:	512
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	371529
      Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        thats what I would call them you could separate it until your sure (If you dare LOL)

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        I suspect you're right OJH. I'll give her a week and see.

Decision made, moved the HBD into the woodstove So down to 2, blue widow and durban poison. Unfortunately I may not end up with the yield I need, but we'll see.
      Hopefully the other 2 are female...they were all feminized seeds, so I am bummed.
      This is the pic that sealed my decision, for right or wrong Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4584.JPG
Views:	537
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	372140

Comment

Having trouble keeping myself away from the scissors (g) Trying to get some light into the bowels of the plants.. (BW front;Durban back)Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1960.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.36 MB ID:	373920

Last winters blue widow, not a huge yielder at around 2 oz.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1298.JPG
Views:	487
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	373922
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GreenState; 02-08-2020, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Your fem HBD were male? I got the auto version HBD fems so the pkg says. Getting a few males from fems these days?

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal Had 2 HBD seeds (photo fem-not(g)) one was a dud and the other was a male, kind of sucked(ha). Such is life, water off a ducks back.

GreenState I gave myself a headache yesterday looking up hemp laws in Mass everything I could find was about comercial grows I just wanted to know if im growing a few hemp plants does it count as my 12 plants ,I am pretty sure I know the answer to that but hoping I could grow a half dozen or so for my yard then grow thc plants in my lockable Green House
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Couple of pics, end of week two since 12/12. Shame I've only got 2 going instead of the planned 3, although 3 is a pain in the ass. Someone needs to make a round tent.
      first 2 pics(not great but you can see the shape of the plant) is the Durban....stretchy ,stemmy sativa. last 2 pics are of the blue widow. I'm amazed how it's grown considering I didn't top it.
      A lot of defoliating on both, lower canopies are coming along.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GreenState; 02-15-2020, 06:20 AM.

Comment

So, end of week 3 since flip..The stretchy Durban Poison(first 2 pics) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2037.JPG
Views:	458
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	377547Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4622.JPG
Views:	455
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	377548Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2034.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	377551Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2028.JPG
Views:	472
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	377552Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2032.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	377550 and Blue Widow(9" shorter)...I hope the stretch is close to over, height is going to be a challenge..
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I LST my auto Durban hard she is a real tall auto best I have grown so far. I would do a super crop if needed also but I didn't need to she is within days of being flushed all fans are yellow sugar leaf green.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        The girls are looking good and so are the wide pine boards , I especially like the flat look on the floor, mine tend to wave alot tried to sand them down with one of those big floor sanders ,my first pass over one board was about an inch wide the board was so warped ,at this point I knew I couldn't sand it off it would of sanded thru the middle lol. so I got out my 6 inch orbiter and did the whole thing

what a nice day it was in Mass I hope it made it up your way
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        It certainly was a beautiful day. Spent a good part of it clearing my deck off..6" of ice, 1 1/2ft of snow, plus all the snow that comes off my metal roof (and compacts like an avalanche !)..Today is bring in the wood day, and I have to reshovel the path to it, never ending.
        Then, looks like we might get a foot of snow tomorrow and Thursday...Even connected the batteries in my truck and fired it up, drove it down to the post office. Friggin thing is going to need new tires again..17" rims--suck! Will easily be over $200 a piece for the tires.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        they surly do suck

Well, day 27 since flipping, 62 from sprout. Slowly but surely, they're filling in. Durban sure seems spindly. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2080.JPG
Views:	431
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	379067Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2082.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	379068Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2083.JPG
Views:	423
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	379069

Comment

Took a couple budding cuttings off my blue widow for "monster clones" about a week and a half ago. Not sure if they've rooted yet, but they haven't died so that's good (lol). Keep them in water for a week, then dipped in rootone and into soil. I do have to get them on a light schedule, have just had them on the table next to the recliner under a reading lamp.
        Not sure what I'll do with them, can't grow them out indoors and we're still a bit early to put them outside(vbg-3 months). Probably just try and train (keep chopping them down) them and hope to put them outside for the summer-if they root.Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4615.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	380440

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          a Mother plant for clones for outside

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks OJH, excellent idea! My brain is a bit foggy as I've decided I need to smoke up a jar of GG4 next (lol)..Taking inventory led to my decision. Last jar of GG4 from last winters grow, still have 2 jars of WW and 1/2 jar of BW from that grow. Then I have 3 jars of GG4 from the plant I grew on my deck this summer(haven't even tried it yet). This winter's BW should yield a few jars and my fingers are crossed on my durban (showed 2 flowers early,but haven't spotted any since-we'll see). It's looking like a good yielder, similar to the 4oz WW grown last year...I do like the sativa for summer and don't mind a few seeds at all. Stay tuned(g). I do have the advantage of only having 2 plants, so I can easily inspect and monitor her.
          Last edited by GreenState; 03-02-2020, 06:20 AM.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice my shelves of jars are getting bare I had 4.3 lbs and if there is one left Id be surprised ,i've been doing alot of things like oil blends and such so I'll be happy when this grow finishes

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2199.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	387374Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2207.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.60 MB ID:	387375
        Follow up on the blue widow cuttings taken 4 weeks into flowering. We have liftoff(21 days since cuttings taken), have now rooted and begun to reveg. Starting to see the goofy leaves coming out. I do like the results when cloning this way, they almost self manifold, pretopped Now I need to go scouting where they will go or what to do with them. They remind me of little 3" tall palm trees.
        Last edited by GreenState; 03-24-2020, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2233.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	390212 Blue widow is fattening up at 8 1/2 weeks since flipping. Last one I grew took 10 wks, so I'd guess another week and a half. I am going to wait for more amber this time around though, trichs are all pretty much clear still. Hope all are hanging in there. Have to go to Walgreens for scripts today, not wanting to!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X