No announcement yet.

A new grow, GG#4/WW/BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GreenState me and my neighbor lady our doors face eachother. We stand in our jammies on the porch and wave hello and talk. The beauty of country life.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      I can honestly say I haven't worn a pair of long pants in a few years (g). I go from shorts, to shorts and coveralls, then to jammies and coveralls in the winter and finally back to shorts! So I'm a bit excited, I did order a Sonos play 5 wireless speaker and it should be here Monday. Downside is it isn't bluetooth enabled & pricey, upside is top quality and no built in microphone(lol)!. If it is what I hope it is, I'm toying with buying a second one. Haven't spent any money on electronics in years.
      Plus with 2, in the early evening I'll bet I can rock out the entire valley for miles around (rofl!)

Oh, and I'm not having much luck getting the himalaya blue diesel to germinate, may have to go to a plan B white widow.

Hmmm blue diesel has a failure to launch. I've struggled more this winter germinating a couple seeds took like 5days. I believe it was too cool in area, moved to much warmer spot.

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning SoOrbudgal, fortunately I did have an additional blue diesel seed and dropped it with success. It has cracked and looks viable.
      So, all 3 seeds(photo-fems) are now in soil and we'll wait patiently for them to break through the surface. Seeds were all purchased last year, so happy with 3 out of 4 cracking.
      Last edited by GreenState; 12-27-2019, 04:27 AM.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a heating pad that is run from a thermostat with a temp probe ,set it a 70 and the root zone is 70 regardless of ambient temps ,

hey Green we dont have to worry about anymore snow the wife got me a snow thrower , I figure that it wont snow because im ready lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 Please give me your wife's address, so that I can mail her a thank you card! (lol).
      I have a lot of grass showing in my yard this Dec., I don't mind it at all, but imagine the skiers do.
      I think the one seed was just a dud, such is the law of averages. Noticed when the light came on this morning ,the durban and blue widow have popped above the surface. 32 and freezing drizzle here.

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      I like your way of thinking

Dont you dare look at summer toys (boats, fishing rods, etc)
      We will know who to blame, when the snow does start 😁

GreenState we've had those low overnight temps a couple days now no rain but clear and cold rain is coming though. I checked my outdoor porch tent with the "chicken coop heater" and my old 450vipra and it's 65 inside tent @6a.m. I have 3 photos vegging in there I leave lights on 24-7 i'm waiting for my flower tent to finish indoors.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Short of a few cold days, which I missed being down south, it's been a pretty mild winter so far. Unfortunately it puts a dent in our local
      tourist /snow based economy. I can't believe you still have plants outdoors! A bit to chilly for that here(g)

GreenState They are my vegging seeds and clones in a spare grow tent inside patio but it's screened in covered. Still it's not the best but it's holding up got heat in it and a old vipra 450 vegging them till my inhouse tent is done or within days. If I pull this off i'm treating myself to a $6 barista fix in town.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Just saw your message SoOrbudgal ...$6.00 for a coffee? Hmm, the rule of 7/10, let's say your $6 earned 7% a year, in 10 years it would be worth $12! (ha,ha..my niece and nephew hate me (lol)) Glad I saw your message, was I dreaming or do I remember you told me you grew some durban poison in the past? If so, Fem or auto? (I see your are planing to grow some durban auto). Trying to get a sense of the stretch I'm going to have to deal with. I know the BW grows short and needs no support. Not sure of the diesel though either.
      Trying to plan ahead some. Had I been smart, I would have started the blue widow at least a week earlier than the others. Any experience to relay would be most certainly appreciated and we'd let you slide on the barista fix-this time

LOL yep been playing economics with grandkids, they don't listen....yet. I grew a Durban auto outdoors last summer no photo of the strain. I'm growing 2more of the auto strain just to be rid of the seeds. They were freebies. Can say at least the auto strain outdoors was the biggest yielder but man it stayed green buds rather larfy do to lack of strong sunlight. But it did get the largest maybe 20" all I do with em is top and spread them out for air.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1882.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	364464 Well, we're a day shy of 2 weeks since the girls (2) popped their heads above ground. The blue diesel (back left) is coming along, she's about 4 days younger than the others(durban front, blue widow back right) . I'd say for sure I plan on topping the durban and again topping the resulting upper 4 branches. I may do the same with the blue diesel, we'll see. The blue widow only needs to be topped once, as it is a short grower. 9 degrees this morning.

Last edited by GreenState; 01-09-2020, 05:14 AM.
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        supposed to warm today for 3 days this is so much fun ,by the time I figure out how long it takes for the lights to warm the room it will be spring lol

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Crazy weather for sure! I just got my first propane delivery since August, 98 gals. I'm not complaining(lol).
        Looks like a good amount of rain is on the way as well. Guess I need to take a trip to the big city and buy some soil, the girls will out grow the pots quickly. I see you are going much more high tech in your grow area. Less bending over to water is a good thing!

Follow the light to civilization.........
      Last edited by GreenState; 01-10-2020, 12:32 PM.
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Unreal temps today, usually the coldest time of the year. Not complaining at all! A bit of outdoor ice cleanup today will save a ton of labor later on I'm sure Your new snowblower's voodoo can't last forever!

• LurkingInTheGrass
        Editing a comment
        LOL

I know it's not my tunnel, there would be train tracks, and the light would be getting louder and brighter

Nice looking covered bridge (used to be many here), but upkeep costs, tend to get them replaced with a concrete structure that doesnt have much character

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        The January thaw is over , we are ready to start again all the ice got melted on Sunday ,

Welp, the girls are now in their forever containers. Won't be long and the durban will be ready for its first topping. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1904.JPG
Views:	383
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	365887

Comment

Just realized I was responding to posts from last January Looking good! Some of the Vermonters on here should do a meet up this summer. Would be a good time!
        2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
        6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
        Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
        260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hate when that happens lol

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          WizardsNThings Always nice to see a fellow Vermontser here! Seems many I know have moved to greener pastures or beaches(lol). If Scott doesn't hold onto the governorship I may be one of them! Sorry, no politics. All the best

Sad news this morning Green I have to try that snow thrower lol
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          oldjarhead100 you better get out there before the wind picks up, just starting to blow here. WizardsNThings funny a friend of mine set a minnow trap in a nearby pond a few days ago. Saw him check it yesterday and he left it in, so must have had some luck. Said he caught a nice brown trout recently and was smoking it. I use to do a bunch of ice fishing when I was very young with my Dad, no shanties at that time...of course he'd tell you fishermen(woman) were tougher back them (lol)..what sticks in my childhood memories, besides having to drag the tip-ups and gear all out there on a sled, was frickin freezing my ass off! (g)

• LurkingInTheGrass
          Editing a comment
          How long does he dry (the fish) before smoking?

Dreadfully sorry, I really tried to resist 😁

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          LurkingInTheGrass ............there's one in every crowd! (g)

GreenState One time long ago hubby put a crawdad trap into the river, he used the tails to fish for steelhead trout. Sent one of the daughters down to check it one morning she was pulling it in and low and behold she thought it felt heavy and there was a nutria like a large water rat trapped in it, freaked her out. Sorry just reminded me of that story. P.S. Your plants look great

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

SoOrbudgal I thought those nutria were a southern thing. Funny story, your poor daughter! So, the Durban has been topped, a quick grower, seems to have droopy leaves, has from the get go. The blue diesel is coming along as well, you can clearly see it's a different strain, more sativa looking (but I thought the durban was sativa dominate). The blue widow has really fat leaves and is probably the shortest, which I expected from previous experience. All in all we're coming along (almost 2 weeks ahead of last winter-earlier start this year).
          Still have 4 jars of gg4, 1 blue widow and 2 white widow--I should make it to harvest (ha) Looking like an alien movie here. But, this is how you make use of the cubby space under the stairway! (lol)
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1907.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	366897

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            nice ,great idea for a small space

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol...2 extra bedrooms and a loft, and I chose the tiny closet

Slowly coming along, day 22 since sprouting. right-durban poison, back left-blue widow and front left-himalaya blue diesel (almost ready for topping) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1918.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	367494Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1916.JPG
Views:	301
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	367495

Comment

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            Got the blue diesel and durban poison topped. All 3 got a fan leaf defoliation. I'm undecided as to topping the blue widow or not. She's not ready yet and still the shortest. I may go for a pretty picture big main top on this one.

End of week 4 for since sprouting, probably will be flipping to 12/12 in another week. BW back left, Durban back right and the HBD front (appears to be a 9 point leafer and is showing the most sativa signs,imo). Decided not to top the blue widow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1931.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.12 MB ID:	369293
          Last edited by GreenState; 01-24-2020, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X