No announcement yet.

A new grow, GG#4/WW/BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, so far I've put up 5 qts. 2 1/2 each of the blue widow and GG4. The GG4 sounds like a jar of marbles when you shake it (g)
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      oh that sounds bad you should let me try it first lol
      dont you just love it when people volunteer lol

Thanks for the offer oldjarhead100 , I knew your the type to help a friend in need! (lol)
    Note to self----------> do not smoke the GG4 in the morning ;*)
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      did you have to go back to bed I had one LSD plant that was so strong I smoked half one morning had to go back to bed when I got up I smoked the other half and wanted to go back to bed .Night time only for her

OJH, let's just say it was an unproductive day(g)
    So end of week 11 since flipping the WW, still not showing a lot of pistil color change yet though.

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if it's not to much light at times, definitely gets to hot once in awhile.
      Also wonder if the heat isn't the cause of what appears to be foxtailing on the WW(which I've read are proned to foxtailing genetically). Hoping to take down the widow later this week , she's turning fast now.
      PS: found a seed in the gorilla glue, borderline viable I would guess. Will try and germinate it, and transplant outdoors somewhere.
      Getting a little sick of this damp weather! At least it keeps the dust down when raking the lawn(g).

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      well if your tips of the top buds turn white its to much , Like Tika says you want to burn one so you know your using the most light it can handle ( well thats how I took it lol)

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I walked into the green house yesterday it was 100 had to roll up the sides and ends, you still can't see the plants though the chain link so I was real happy about that

Not ready yet, end of wk 12 since flip. Big tops. :*)
    Few snow showers here today.

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad your new greenhouse is holding up to the elements! This last plant is certainly "floppy"/ top heavy.
      Pretty much have the main 10 colas trained(tied) into a circular pattern, as a result there are some nice secondary tops in the center you can't see in the pics. It's taking much longer to finish than I expected, it sure smells nice though (g)

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sunday night it was down to 28 and last night low 30s should be ok from now on I HOPE lol

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      I would think with a greenhouse that temps and humidity are 2 factors which have to be watched closely.
      You must have to have major ventilation in the summer to keep things cooled down? Large fans?
      36 degrees here this morning

I can raise the sides but I think they will come off for the summer and if its still to hot the top , I go out early because it got up to 100 at 10 in the morning so it is going to be interesting lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Still not ready, looks like another week out or so. Not many leaves left(g)
      ( I can't remember what sunshine looks like!)
      Pulled my fat max out for a measurement(ha,ha)
      Last edited by GreenState; 05-03-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I found a magnet on the back of a junk tape measure I changed it to a good one and it rides on the left side of my bed ,screw lugging them around lol

Guess I.ve been retired to long it all make since now lol

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't be able to do that, my 10mm S&W stays on the left side of my bed.

• LurkingInTheGrass
        LurkingInTheGrass commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL

Grab the wrong tool for the situation

Re-evaluated, down she came(white widow). Pretty pleased with the yield on this one.
      This concludes this year's grow ;*)
      Thanks for everyone's help through the process!!
      (an aside--I noticed the stems on the plant were definitely hollow, interesting)
      Last edited by GreenState; 05-06-2019, 03:39 AM.

Comment

they are supposed to be hollow when they get big like a stray .I see you are up at the crack of dawn to ,did you stay up or wake up early ,I'm up early fxxxxn legs
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm cursed, ever since I stopped drinking (27 years ago) I wake up between 3:30 and 4:00 am.
          Of course I'm lucky if I stay awake until 9:00 pm! (lol)
          It will also take awhile for my internal clock to adjust to not having to load the woodstove early in the morning (g)
          Have an excavator coming to my job site this morning, looks like maybe, possibly no rain today? (ha)
          Last edited by GreenState; 05-06-2019, 04:26 AM.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I slept late this morning 4;30 lol

Question for all, getting close to a final trimming and thinking of jarring it up. My dilemma, have 8 or 9 tops buds that are 1 1/2" X 4-5", do I need to chop them up for jarring?
        Sure hate to. Opinions? Use lot's of jars? (lol)

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          If you want to keep bigger buds around you are going to find a extra day in a paper bag may be need. Put a couple in a jar and the larger they get they will need there own jar. Watch your humidity close.

I have gotten to the point that I remove as much as I can put away from the stem about the last 2" for jars.
          We ain't smokin stems round these parts.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          you can leave them whole but they take forever to dry all that stem , then you end up cutting it up anyway so I just cut them like the rest

Last pictures until next years grow, I'm sure you'll miss them(lol). Followed your advice, still may have to chop up the larger buds a bit more. This white widow is definitely airy stuff, smells delightful.. Put the buds in a 1 gal zip lock to homogenize them, will burp as needed for a few days then jar it up. I'd love to weigh it and know the yield, but ce la vie..no scale.
        Again, thank you all for all your help.

Comment

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          Is that a hint? I can hear you thinking, jeez the guy is out buying shares of stock and he grows weed with a frick'in parking lot flood light! (vgb)

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          115g is nothing to shake a stick at, what ever gets it done. I was speaking more for myself to not buy another hlg-100 this week.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          Put the buds in a 1 gal zip lock to homogenize them???explain this please ,what do you mean by Homogenize

No different than a jar the first few days. Basically distributing the moisture content evenly between and throughout the buds, burping as needed. I suspect over a longer period of time the ziplock would leak moisture unlike the glass jars. All that said, it went in jars this morning, 4 1/2 qts.
        Such a huge difference in drying this last one as I haven't had the woodstove going. This time of the year I can watch the gaps in the woodwork in my house shrink up as the humidity level inside comes back up.
        Off to look at a potential job this morning, 100 yo log cabin with a shitty block foundation, crawlspace.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          good luck on the job thats something I'll have to tackle someday I have one end of my barns footing is below ground and the support beam has been slowly rotting away

No snow for us whew I buttoned up the gh just in case but it looks ok out there how bout you did you get any

Comment

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like a decent weekend, finally!
          Busy time of the year for me, priorities have changed to making money.

Not the best pictures(pretty far away), but just saw this moose out back. Looks like he's putting on antlers

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think they are the funnest looking deer ever lol ,I had a cow and 2 calfs walk out in front of me coming home from fishing ,I saw her in time and stopped when she saw me she stopped it was pretty cool , I had a young bull at 10 yards quartering away at full draw and I let him walk so I passed my ethics test lol I will be glad when they start hunting them down here not to shoot one but to beat them at there own game , I have had lots of opportunities to harvest dear over that last few years but choose to let them walk knowing I had the shot is enough for me until shotgun season then its time to fill the freezer lol

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          I tend to hunt with my camera now, that first pic would have been the kill shot at about 100yds.
          Around here some call the moose swamp donkeys!

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          big and tough to chew lol

Soooo. The GG4 very immature seed I manged to get sprouted(from my winter grow) has been a slow grower, but think she's finally getting her sea legs. (sea pic).
        My dilemma, I'm heading down to the sunshine state for a week and am worried about her drying out while I'm gone, not sure I can have anyone water it or not.
        She is going to need transplanting soon, should I do it just prior to leaving? My thinking being she will be in a little shock, so may not need as much water?
        Any opinions would be appreciated, the larger pot will hold more water as well. Just sprouting the 3rd node (and she is almost 3 weeks old--very slow starter, hopefully a strong finisher. (she's a deck plant)
        Just snapped some pics of this fella(red tail) perched on some rocks out in the yard
        TIA
        Last edited by GreenState; 07-02-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          looks like pot behind it lol

Went ahead and transplanted the gg4. Now it has to fend for itself for the next week plus. Fingers crossed.
        Note the deformed first set of leaves, super fat(g). She seems to be coming around, will top her when I get back (between 5th and 6th node). I say "she", I hope it's a she!
        Blueberry bushes are doing well, bit behind this year.
        Last edited by GreenState; 07-08-2019, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X