No announcement yet.

A new grow, GG#4/WW/BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This actually royally sucks. Will be a pain in the ass to pull this off. Adapted a tomato cage to help support the floppy girl, as I'm going to have to move it around a lot. Find a dark closet to keep her on schedule.
    Now that she is out, for sure confirmation of nanners in the beginning stage. I wouldn't complain if I get a few seeds off her.
    Trying to convince myself some trichs are cloudy, but think it's wishful thinking. Generally wait to see a few amber to confirm. I have to be careful of the sunlight as well, stronger than my grow light for sure..
    Supposedly 60-65 days to finish, but you know how that goes
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      GS
      1) if you have found seeds and nanners the damage is already don't and the best thing to do is to not move the plant around alot or at all to reduce spreading pollen.
      2) as close as you are with the date just let it finish up the needed 7 to 10 days.
      3) although dreaded, it's not the end of the world. Mist your plant with water before handling and moving, handle last, and wash your hands when done.

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank Mr Furley! Funny, after the initial shock set in I came to the exact same conclusion as you suggested.
      I put her back in the tent to finish out. As you say, being as close to finishing her as I am I probably won't even get many seeds. I hope I do get that one I saw anyways.
      Thanks for the input, makes me feel better about moving her back in.
      Have a great day!

LurkingInTheGrass I've been keeping an eye on that bud which my skylight singled out!
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      even looks like it stands out from the crowd

Sharpening up the ax this week, next weekend the GG comes down and I suspect the BW as well. Showing cloudy trichs now.
    White widow could be a few weeks out yet
    all the best

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      George4green I have all kinds of discolored stems ,if you have a big temperature swing between lights on and lights off can and does cause stem and leaf discoloration , I would not be worried this time of year unless you have a steady temp during night time.
      any question can be asked anywhere if its about weed off topic is anything that does not have something to do with weed ,so welcome and enjoy

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks again guys. Getting ready, went and bought some new jar lids--not an easy thing to do in the sticks and this time of year(g). But we're covered(ha).
      George4green , I see OJH gave you some info, I'll defer to his more extensive knowledge!
      Gearing up for my work season, I'll be happy to put the grow to bed and change gears.

• George4green
      George4green commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for all your input. I need to reset my temp meter to see why my temp flex is on the norm. They had a hard life at first with 90* temps and low RH for about three days everything seems good for the most part ppm about 670 I have a thread going on it I stop hogging this one if you don’t mind checking it out always enjoy others 2 cents

Taking the bulk of the fan/nonsugar leaves off the GG4 today and tomorrow she'll get the axe, unless I change my mind then Sunday for sure.
    Still waiting and watching the BW, she'll be next. Both are pretty much all cloudy, but no amber showing yet.
    GG is in front
    all the best
    Think I'll get a years worth of weed out of it? I know, depends(g) Next grow will be next January 1st
    Last edited by GreenState; 04-05-2019, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Timber!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        very nice have fun today

So I'm not going to complain, heavy,dense and very sticky!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the look and smell of fresh cut buds way more than a lawn lol

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        You just had to mention the lawn!(lol). Gosh, I have so much crap that got blown down through the winter it will take me a week just to clean the yard up and torch the burn pile. The upside is I did buy a new JD lawn tractor last year, the downside is I still have to drive it and mow the lawn!
        So I took a few hits of the scissor hash from the GG4, very strong and a bit speedy, which is actually a good thing for me(ha). I was a bit early(cloudy, no amber) chopping this one down, but was fighting the leaf die off and had to go with a happy medium.
        I will push the widows out longer for sure. Will wait for some amber to show on both.
        Pretty sure I will get the quantity (and quality) from the widows I need to get through the year.....or at least my work season(g). Much of my work is mindless labor that can at times pay me silicon valley wages. A few hits during the day certainly brightens it up.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        can I ask what you do for work , The dreaded Lawn haha I fixed mine tore it up and made a garden ,the whole back yard so I only have 2 10x10 areas to mow out front, yes I know its cheating lol

oldjarhead100 A good part of my work is annual service contracts on condo buildings, homes etc.,as well as general contracting. Self-employed one man show, employ subs if/when I need them. I won't go into the type of work, little to close to home. You know I grow a little weed, and a bit more about myself since we're getting personal (g)
      I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.
      I woo women with my sensuous and god-like trombone playing. I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in 20 minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love and an outlaw in Peru.
      Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello…I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I’m bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang-gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.
      I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don’t perspire, I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail…Last summer I toured New Jersey with a travelling centrifugal force demonstration…My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.
      I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.
      I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago, I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four-course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prize-winning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis. But I have not yet gone to college.

Comment

WOW this made my Monday, nearly spit my coffee at the screen! OK now I gotta go get ready for work. 7 more months i'll be free from my 40+ yrs of 10hr.shifts. Going to hunt for lost treasure along the Oregon coast
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        thats what I would be doing if I lived there lol. Your going to love retirement

I believe the above was from a students college application. Got a chuckle when I first read it.
      A couple of pics of the blue widow in all her glory, day 65 since flip.Pulled her out and did a little interior defoil.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice looking plant🖒

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr.furley , Doubledealing72 , OJH et al, thanks guys(gals). Credit goes to those that helped and supported me along the way.
        I'll be happy when things are wrapped up. To date myself, spring is getting closer and it's time to make the donuts.
        Again, thanks!

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        those girls could be calendar photos , hardest time for me with autos , I'm like a kid in a car are they done yet are they done yet

Your plants are looking great greenstate! Job well done!
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Anyone have a general rule of thumb as to the average amount (weight) one gets into a quart jar?
        I know it's a difficult question, just trying to get a guesstimate
        TIA

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          20 to 33 grams depending on Strain, Bud size, density...................
          It's important to only fill the jar 3/4 to cure.

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr.furley
          Thanks Mr furley, greatly appreciated. I did some google searching and of course estimates were all over the place, obviously due to variables. But you gave me what I was looking for and it really isn't important to me, just curious.
          Will be jarring up the GG4, in my case because I heat will wood, some of my focus is on slowing down the drying process (g).
          I can trudge through the house with snow covered boots and in an hour the floors are dry(g)
          Also targeting this weekend to chop down the blue widow, then we'll be down to just the white widow.
          In a perfect world I'd take the WW and another week or so, but we'll see. The WW seems to have big, fluffy(airy) buds, almost foxtaily.
          Thanks again.
          21 degrees this morning!
          I'm going to need more qt. jars, I picked up 6 wide mouth jars at the second hand store, unfortunately that was all of the "wide mouth" ones they had. Also have a dozen pint size wide mouth, so we'll see.
          PS: I'd take any advice you have to offer on jarring the weed. Might sound like a simpleminded question...but..big buds on top, bottom, mixed?
          I understand the 3/4 full, the more I can tap your's (and everyone's) knowledge--the better. Some of this will be stored for near close to a year.(if I'm lucky)
          Last edited by GreenState; 04-11-2019, 04:42 AM.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've always just filled the jar never thought there might be a better way to do it hmmm

I heat with wood also and read somewhere about these packs. The seem to help out so the bud don’t dry to fast when curing. I filled my jars about halfway then put one pack in each

Comment

• George4green
          George4green commented
          Editing a comment
          Don’t have a lot of experience but have done a lot of reading

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I use hydrometers like you would put in a cigar humidor and I won't add the bovida until i'm at 62%rh

• George4green
          George4green commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes like jarhead said wait until they start getting a little crunch to them then put the packs in. I thank I put mine in after about a week. Opening the jar every day for about an hour the first week then I went to packs and opening about every other day or so. Was going to get the hydrometer but never got to it last time. Then you can just add the packs when you get to about 50%rh in jar. And I always shake my jars to keep the buds moving so the same wet spots aren’t sitting on each other

Thanks all. We'll muddle through. Kind of caught off guard,I never expected to have this much weed, good problem to have I reckon.
        Upped my schedule by a day, chopping down the blue widow this morning. Removed much of the greenery and am using it to heat my house (lol)
        Now the sticky part.....
        Edit-done : 102 days sprout to finish.
        Last edited by GreenState; 04-12-2019, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          man they look fantastic I love hanging buds

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks OJH, you can tell I have a case of novice's glee (lol)
          70 degrees here yesterday, got a little sun burn even.

White widow is looking awfully lonely this morning. I definitely should have kept feeding her neuts, was afraid the soil was getting to hot. Gave her a 1/2 dose shot yesterday.
        Ah well, end of week 10 I believe flowering, but not showing much pistil color change yet. Really fluffy stuff.

Comment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X