No announcement yet.

A new grow, GG#4/WW/BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They look great! Spend a bit more money on your tent - quality lasts. I bought my Gorilla 3 years ago, no problems thus far.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Canuck, that 6'-7" high model looks like it could be the ticket.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Here's a thing to remember with a new tent - make sure everything you put in it has been cleaned. Makes life easier without bugs.

Still haven't made a move on a tent, but we'll see. I have gotten the 3 plants topped. Made the decision to remove the fan leaves from the 2nd and third nodes up from the bottom. Lower branches were being "jammed" up underneath those fan leaves. Did quite a bit of searching here regarding defoliating, which seems to always be a controversial subject. Figured I couldn't do to much damage, and the lower branches have responded nicely. Will get some updated pics this weekend.
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

So here we are, end of week 4 since sprouting. My have things changed in the past week.
      The GG4 which has been the shortest plant is now the tallest and could be a trouble maker, height wise. I’m pretty much limited to +/- 30" of final plant height (not including the container).
      The white widow is still by far the rapid grower, blue widow is 2" shorter than the others.
      I confess to topping the BW a bit early, but she is recovering and spreading out.
      Anyone have experience with these 420guy breeds? Stretch is my concern and govern when I flip. Might double top one if it bolts away from the others.
      Interesting how the BW’s leaves are always erect and tweaked up, never sag even after watering.
      It’s a bit lighter colored than the others as well. I like the shorter, bushier growth for my grow area purposes. Next week will be interesting, so far my original thought that the BW would be the stretchy one has been wrong (g). The GG4 might be a good outdoor candidate.
      Both widows look like they want to naturally spread out, we’ll see. Kind of going the KISS method, top once, not much training and following the nute schedule on the bottle. Upped the nutes this week by a third and watching the leaf tips. :^).
      All the best.
      Took a couple of comparison pics for wk4 end.
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        haha I was looking at the 3 in the middle going WTF brown leafs then I leaned in and saw they were shadows , I've had three plants 2 cookies kush and 1 dark ghost train haze in veg that were ready to flip 8 weeks ago so I have been trimming and tieing since then as of now I think the total height on them will be around 18 inches from the floor, I ended up almost fluxing them look in the next grow

• GreenState
        GreenState commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL! Last weeks pics were not my best(g), was using the flash on the camera and the shadows were the result. Your plants are looking great OJH, was going to comment on your thread and got sidetracked reloading the wood stove, tough keeping up the last few days!
        All the best

Up ungodly early trying to keep the temps up in the house and the girls cozy. Warmer out this morning @ -2 F, think the weather is supposed to improve. So killing time and took a couple of pics as the lights were coming on.
      Top left is the blue widow (I really like the way it's growing, low and slow); top right is the white widow (she the "stretchy" one) and front center is the GG4. Tempted to flip Sunday at the end of week 5, we'll see, may go one more week. Depends on the WW stretch.
      Getting ready to "crank" up the tunes!
      On a different note, bought some stock in Cronos(CRON) last Friday @ $16.65/sh...
      Wild freaking ride so far!
      Last edited by GreenState; 02-01-2019, 04:01 AM.

Comment

I'm going to have to do a months worth of errands done in 3 days this week the 3 days its supposed to be 50 , I used to love the cold ,not anymore I just cant hang in there , I'm going to have to find a nice warm legal state lol
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          71 degrees in southern Colorado today, but that is an anomaly for this time of year. Much warmer than 39 though don't you agree?

I hear you OJH, I'm no longer much of a fan of winter, at least they seem to be getting shorter(g).
        So I made the corporate decision to flip on day 35, thinking the white widow is going to stretch, we'll see.
        I'd really like to wait on the blue widow and gorilla, but it would become a pain in the ass just flipping the WW. The blue widow is actually now sitting on a 4" high box to try and keep an even canopy. The downside to growing multiple strains.
        So it is what it is and will be, here's hoping.
        Looks like a heat wave coming your way!

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          Going to have to follow your progress with the Blue Widow. I have a couple of those seeds in my desk drawer. Where'd you get your seeds?

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          The seeds are from new420guy. So far I like the way the blue widow has grown, nice short, compact plant. Widow widow has continued it's stretch, glad I flipped when I did.
          Speaking of which, flipped last Sunday and swapped out bulbs this morning to hps.
          I bought a conversion bulb last year and decided to give it a try, anyone have any experience with these? 400W MH to 360W HPS (my grow area is about 9 sq ft.)
          Shop for Plantmax PX-LU360/MH 360W High Pressure Sodium Conversion grow lamps today! LOW prices and FAST shipping on plant lighting at 1000Bulbs.com!

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          GreenState I always check the breeer's info about indoor growth--height, heavy or moderate yield, size of colas etc., cuz I love to grow more than one strain in the same box.

Didn't take long to realize the conversion bulb is not for me(at least it was cheap when I bought it(g)).
        Went back to my trusty 400W HPS commercial parking lot flood light for flowering...which has a much higher light intensity imo.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          good looking girls, so many things out there that sound like they will do amazing things but fall way short in reality ,I've tried a few myself lol

Thanks OJH. Odd/blue widow, noticed twisting on the leaves of the newest growth. No signs of tip burn, cupping, clawing, even discoloration or any of that. Hoping it was just a bit of shock with the flipping to 12/12, switch from mh to hps and changing nuets from grow to bloom. Think she looks a little better this morning. WW back left, BW back right and GG4 front and center.
        (and a pic of just the Blue widow from last week)
        I'm glad I didn't try and grow 4 plants!

Comment

Little update, the white widow(back left) does not play well with the others! Sativa dominate stretch. The blue widow (back right) remains my favorite as far as plant structure, it's about 17" tall, 8" shorter than the white widow, compact and full, with a nice flat top (only topped once), I could fit 4 of them in my grow area, where now I'm trying to contain 3 (g).
          The GG4 is a bit stretchy, but is still 4" shorter than the white widow, was the first to put out pistils.
          So we've ended week 2 of flowering and I am hoping the stretching starts to slow. Anyone with 420 guys white widow photo fem experience?
          Would appreciate any input. The GG4 is starting to get entwined with the WW.
          Haven't done much defoliation this go around, think I over did it on the last grow.
          I have started to take some fan leaves now, with a mental note limit of a max of 6 total at any one time(lol)
          Last edited by GreenState; 02-16-2019, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Well, still fighting the white widow stretch. Although I think it only stretched 1/2" last night. As mentioned earlier, my grow area is height challenged (g).
            Sooo, looking back on the calendar, looks like we're at day 53 since sprouting and day 20 since flipping to 12/12.
            Raised the light up an inch this morning, still to close to the WW--waiting for the tops to burst into flames (lol). Anyhow,they're gaining.
            Have been defoliating and lollipopped about 8" up from the bottom, cleaning out some of the suckers and shaded leaves.
            Last edited by GreenState; 02-22-2019, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• GreenState
              GreenState commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll take all the suggestions I can get OJH. Not much room in my grow area and the gorilla glue is kind of woven into the others now which adds to the pain in my backside(g).
              Next grow I will have a tent and think a bit more about the pairing of strains.
              The gorilla glue and blue widow seem to get along pretty well.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you are going for a tent HTG supply has the one I purchase its 8feet by 4 with 2 big doors in front , I split it into two rooms bloom and veg ,I used that flexible insulation thats about a quarter inch thick that worked great for about 5 years then one of the zippers broke so its a veg room and auto room that I never shut , here is the link but if you want to take a ride pm me its in shewsbury and I'm always up for a visit lol https://www.htgsupply.com/products/a...arge-grow-tent

• GreenState
              GreenState commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll take that as an open invitation OJH (g). Won't need a tent until next new years when I start my annual indoor grow. But hey, maybe a road trip will be in order this summer!
              Still battling the white widow, but may finally be winning. The blue, widow continues to be the stand out at this point, largest, densest bud, couldn't be happier with this breed.
              In fact I tried to order more seeds of it from 420guys, but they are out and I'm on the waiting list.
              I do have a single seed left and will guard it with my life(ha,ha).
              Looking into other hybrids with the berry bomb cross.
              Been picking up the intensity of defoliating as of late, hard to limit myself to 6 leaves a day(lol), I have a tendency to over prune.
              All the best.
              -2 this morning, but thank goodness the wind died down. I have lot's of branches down out on the back 40.

Youser. Lost power late last night, had to wake the girls up @ 5:00am with an oil lamp this morning (g). , Got the power back around 8:30,
            maybe they'll think it was a solar eclipse! Still wicked windy out there!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              yup the house was a shaking last night ,200 year old post and beam might sway a little but its never coming down lol

Day 58, 24 after flip. Untangled the gorilla glue to get a shot of the blue widow. A couple of holes in her where the GG was tangle in.
            Ordered another 1/2 dozen blue widow seeds today, they're back in stock. Surprised the BW is "greasier" than the GG at this point.
            All the best.
            Last edited by GreenState; 02-27-2019, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              very nice I'm going to check them out myself

As we finish wk 4 of flowering, I broke my 6 leaf max per day defoliation rule. Did a major defoliation. ( a bit late I guess)
            Hopefully the girls can handle it, they were plenty healthy. Time will tell, I wanted/needed to get more light penetration to the lower bud sites.
            Dang, looks like very cold weather will return for next week!
            All the best

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              why the 6 leaf rule do you think it affects there growing speed???? I usually take alot off of my girls when I clip I clip lol, lately I have been wondering if it slows them down at all.

Its March doesn't matter the weather its all temporary lol

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              If you are pull a small amount everyday then everyday you are stressing your plant a small amount. It is best to pull some and give them a little break, a day or two then pull more. The best is to drop 25% at a time then wait. I will defoli any time in flower depending on there needs.
              Cold weather is killing, 20f yesterday -10f tonight it is hard to keep things stable. Looking good GS.

That's a good question OJH. I've never grown the strains before so really have no comparison. Not to mention I have no where near the experience you fella's have. I figured it might be less stressful, but what Mr. Furley says makes sense.
            I definitely hit it hard, I would say in excess of 25%.
            The white widow is still kicking my ass , think the stretch has pretty much stopped, now it's the bud growth on the top. I can raise my light up a bit more, but will no longer be able to turn it to optimize the coverage. Am I correct that at some point lower intensity light won't inhibit bud growth as much later in the flowering cycle? Or is that just wishful thinking (g)
            A defoliated pic and pic of some of the blue widow tops. I am not expecting to get those pretty blue pistils like in the seed ad (vgb)
            I appreciate all the advice ya'll have to offer!!

Got my seeds in the mail this morning, can't beat the service Paul puts out.
            Last edited by GreenState; 03-02-2019, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• GreenState
              GreenState commented
              Editing a comment
              "I do wonder if it makes them grow leafs instead of height bulk ect." That is the million dollar question OJH, I'm sure everyone wonders the same thing.
              Thanks for the encouragement guys!! I hope Mr. Furley will remind me to be patient, not necessarily my strong suit (lol)
              I see a number of nights next week near 0 temps. I sure will be happy when I've put the last piece of wood in the woodstove for the season!
              All the best. ----I need to bring in wood ;*(

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              its still snowing I figure its winters fuck off storm lol the last one before spring .I started regular seeds for the outside grow I started 5 of each strain and then will clone for the plants I need

• GreenState
              GreenState commented
              Editing a comment
              I think you're getting more snow than us this go around, you can have it! (lol). I saw the kids in Boston got a snow day today, they must be a happy lot. Noticed some hairs changing color of the BW...slowest through veg, but fastest through flowering so far. Snapped a top on the WW by accident this morning, the cord from my light fell and hammered it. Was able to quickly stand it back up and so far it's stayed, so we'll see.
              Struggled, but did get my light up another inch, now 11" from the closest top directly below it. Maybe I'm finally seeing a bit of fattening of the WW tops, otherwise they are long and pretty skinny.
              You can probably tell, I am less than happy with the WW.
              Haven't spoken much about the GG4, it's looking pretty good so far.
              I am determined to finish my friggin taxes today, write the checks,get them out the door and in the mail.
              That will officially close out 2018 and I can start worrying about 2019! (ha,ha).
              Have a great day.
              (my house smells like Spring anyways!)

another day, another 0 degree morning (g). Rejiggered and got my light up another inch, now have about 12" between light and canopy. A bit better spread, remember I'm using a commercial parking lot light, so it's pretty focused. Blue widow probably gets the least amount of light tucked into the corner of my closet.
            Speaking of which, she's getting frosty though.
            (KISS grow-topped once/no training, soil, 2 part nuets and light. Less than 12 ft from the woodstove, desert humidity(g), cold morning temps, no idea what my well water ph is)
            Last edited by GreenState; 03-07-2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              very frosty I had a plant ounce that was in its final week but still hadn't bulked up so I gave it one more shot of Molasses and 3 days later I couldn't put my fingers around her so patience is key lol

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              They look stunning!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X