Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DingusKhan
    commented on 's reply
    I have eaten an teaspoon and a tablespoon of "shakyshaky" at different times, and I get a mild, long lasting edible high. Putting a spoonful of ground leaf in my mouth is pretty wierd. I hold the wad of herb on my tongue until it absorbs enough saliva to make a moist slug, and then I swallow it. I might chase it with milk or rum to improve absorption in my stomach. If the wad of herb falls apart, you get bits of leaf all over the inside of your mouth, like kids who try Coppenhagen brand chewing tobacco for the first time. Very amusing.

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    HAHA !....That was good !

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    CaptPicard I've been making ghee for years, and the one thing I know is not to allow any water to come in contact because of possible bacteria. I think you'll know it if the small batch isn't good: you'd smell it.

• CaptPicard
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, whatever you do please don't use a microwave! lol I've heard people use a toaster over - im not sure if that works well though. temps gotta be low, if you burn you risk everything.

how is your oven wonky? display temp not telling the truth? you could get a thermometer and measure the inside temp.
    Last edited by CaptPicard; 01-08-2019, 08:13 PM.

• CaptPicard
    commented on 's reply
    Hey allatup, the first part turned out very good - looks like a solid green stick of butter. The remnants I got from the secondary part got me a bit, just needed to wait for it to solidify. I did use a strainer and got most of the water out. There may be a very small amount of water in that small clump : /

If there's a small amount of water will mould be an issue?

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Bunch of solipsistic malarky that didn't age well. Shoulda stuck to novels...

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    If I understand you correctly, you're being critical of self-gratifying narcissism...???
    Last edited by alltatup; 01-08-2019, 07:00 PM.

• Farmall
    replied
    Forgive my extreme lack of philosophy...this sounds like a Jim Morrison poem. But I clearly understand how the space we occupy, all within the same 3 foot circle, has no common ground to many. Some people seem so fking superior when if fact, they’re assholes

Leave a comment:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    going to need some more NL

• Potted
    commented on 's reply
    There are to many variables for a true smoke or vape test on a human, weight, diet, amount of sleep. No counting the last time u buzzed up.and That’s just the tip of the iceberg ! I’ve found if vapeing or smoking before bed and in the morning do the same thing,the high just seems to continue with out a pause 😁 wondering if outhers feel the same?

• Potted
    commented on 's reply
    I would volunteer( I want to ) but ....... u know ,the bitch won’t let me off the leash 😢

• starramus
    replied
    From Huxley's The Doors of Perception :

"We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are

by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers

desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very

nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights,

fancies - all these are private and, except through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We

can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation,

every human group is a society of island universes. Most island universes are sufficiently like one another

to Permit of inferential understanding or even of mutual empathy or "feeling into." Thus, remembering our

own bereavements and humiliations, we can condole with others in analogous circumstances, can put

ourselves (always, of course, in a slightly Pickwickian sense) in their places. But in certain cases

communication between universes is incomplete or even nonexistent. The mind is its own place, and the

Places inhabited by the insane and the exceptionally gifted are so different from the places where

ordinary men and women live, that there is little or no common ground of memory to serve as a basis for

understanding or fellow feeling. Words are uttered, but fail to enlighten. The things and events to which

the symbols refer belong to mutually exclusive realms of experience."

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    uncledoug Highs to me are like snowflakes: no two are alike. It's very strange, I think it's a good thing. Cannabis totally interacts with where I'm at in the present moment, and nothing else. It's always unexpected, fresh, unrehearsed. You know how some speed/heroin addicts say they kept chasing the first high they ever experienced? It sure ain't that way with Cannabis.

• uncledoug
    commented on 's reply
    I vaped the recently-decarbed NL this morning; the high was strong, somehow slightly different, or is it just my mood?

I've noticed that one day the high is different or seems stronger from another day. I wonder if it's me or the bud. If it's me I don't have a clue as to why. If it is the bud I think it could be as simple as a bong hit from the top of a cola vs a bong hit from the bottom of a cola. So seems that it would be hard to compare, is it me or the bud or maybe something else? I don't know, but after I get a Nova I'll test it and see what happens.

• alltatup
    replied
    Northern Light, decarbed after 8 wks' cure vs 8+ weeks' cure raw:

Test subject: Atu
    Experimental question: What's the difference? Which gets me higher as fk?

I vaped the raw NL yesterday, and was delighted with the quality at the end of 8 weeks' cure. (As noted above, I had been decarbing bud for the past year without doing an extended cure beforehand. So this was my first really and truly proper cure, allowing the budded jar to slowly drop the RH down; it's between 61-59% in the jars now, so cure still going strong.) The high was strong and quite pleasing, smooth.

I vaped the recently-decarbed NL this morning; the high was strong, somehow slightly different, or is it just my mood? I think I prefer the raw 8 wks cured. Maybe it's the novelty of it, I'll have to keep comparing the two samples of NL.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X