Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ell
    replied
    Try it, might taste funky like twice vaped weed.

Leave a comment:

• Juicyj89
    commented on 's reply
    Oh I see what you’re saying now. Makes since I guess. Making them more readily available. Terpenoids and what not. Maybe. Be nice to know for sure you got that right.

• Farmall
    replied
    When y’all get a free moment, go to their web site and check out some of that information..it seems to be saying, by decarbing when you DO smoke, it will have much more available thc and subsequently more potent. They also say it is irrelevant on how you will use it and DECARBING just makes it better. This isn’t cannabutter, tincture or extraction... it says it is essentially a heat treatment process that increases THC availability.

Vaporizing, as described on the Ghost MV-1 web, says that the vaporized used product is not ash as it would be by straight smoking as it is a much lower temp then burning.

My belief as a result of this “revelation” is any and all material should be decarbed as it just makes any of it a more superior product.

Am I lost in the ozone? I will be delving into this deeply because if it is fact.... wow. . . but I would sure love having a real lab test justify this. Hoping some might have some clue

Leave a comment:

• uncledoug
    commented on 's reply
    That's how we did it in the 70's. mix some weed in when you stir it up, pour into pan and cook as the directions say. Be careful it's potent and lasts a long time.

• Juicyj89
    commented on 's reply
    So do you just use straight bud for that? Like without making butter or something?

• Potted
    replied
    Bakeing brownies with dry weed at 350 for a average of 40 min, try Betty Crocker family size and a oz. of bud that should decarb it, alright... sure dident hurt 👍

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Adding an amount of heat decarbs the product. Yes, smoking is one way to decarb. When making butter... the heat used in the process decarbs.
    Curing is a form of decarbing. It is a slow enough process where it doesn’t vaporize terpenes. And curing doesn’t decarb 100% of the product.

• Juicyj89
    commented on 's reply
    I shouldn’t have read this post lol but what I think Farmall is saying is that back in the day people made pot brownies that were definitely effective but was it actually decarbed beforehand? Because as he said, “ I don’t even think the word decarboxilation was coined yet” which I doubt it was. Or that anybody back then new that much about it if at all. So how did the brownies/edibles work???

• SirSmksAlot
    replied
    Call me crazy but wouldn't the process of combusting your weed during smoking do the decarbing? I'd guess that if you plan on smoking it there is no need for decarboxilation. For edibles on the other hand I'd completely agree.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    started a topic Decarb.... big surprise to me

Decarb.... big surprise to me

While I’ve heard or read about decarboxalation and how it’s necessary for edibles, and cooking with medicine but, here’s a surprise for me.

A forum friend and mentor recommended I look into an Ardent Nova decarb machine. So, while I’m waiting, I am getting a bunch of emails and information about why this process is necessary for ANY form of consumption. Amidst of claims of a significantly improved quality of use, it also increases the availability of THC in the product .....again for ANY FORM of consumption.

in 1968 we were happy to grab a baggie full of seeds and stems and enjoy. Sometimes we’re were really freaking wasted. I don’t even think the word decarboxalation was coined yet.

Is there a general consensus about the validity of this claim? And if so, I can’t imagine how potentcy has changed

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X