Venturi instead of air stones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venturi instead of air stones?

Hello, I’m planning to run a recirculated system and I was wondering if a good Venturi system (if I’m already running a water pump) would be better than using another pump with air stones.

Anyone played around with aerating water? Maybe a DO level check or comparison.

Hello. As long as you are getting air bubbles or surface to air contact (movement) you are increasing the DO. A waterfall will do the same as the air stones will do at the appropriate height.
    More important to DO is keeping your water temps in check. Most people shoot for 68F....some try for lower. How do you plan on keeping the water cool?
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I originally ran pumps and stones in my 8 bucket RDWC system. Worked well but I had the same concern that Toker referred to-keeping as much heat out of the solution as possible. When I built my 4 tote UCsystem this year I switched to a simple waterfall setup and it's just as effective and doesn't put heat from the compressed air into my solution. Nice and simple.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Hi budler, Funny, cuz I was just reading about that yesterday: a blog post on RQS said that a good recirculating pump attached to a chiller will do a better job of aerating the water than air stones, but you have to get the water to agitate--not like a washing machine, but it has to be "fluming" as it's called.
        Hydroponic cannabis plants depend on optimal dissolved oxygen (DO) levels for health and productivity. Discover ways to boost DO levels to send yields soaring.

I know nothing about the Venturi valve: I'm just looking for the right pump for my hydro setup to see if I could get the fluming going. Already have the chiller attached--and we all know that cooler water aerates better.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X