Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

atu grow # 9 (number 9, number 9, number 9...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAY 19 12/12 DEFOLIATION:

I think this is the most defol I've ever done, but being a stoner, I'm not completely sure. If I did it right, the buds should grow strong now. On five out of seven plants, the growth has been very strong: Jack Herer and the C99 in the LED box are stunted. They could have used more veg time to get over the early starvation trauma.

HID box:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	292189

LED box:

Name:	
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	292190
    Last edited by alltatup; 02-16-2019, 08:57 AM.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Graff420 That sounds like fun, but no competition, just mutual support and discussion of similarities and differences. ;-}

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      in 2 or 3 days you will wonder if you trimmed them at all lol. looking very good , ATU I thought thats what the auto grow is doing ,I look at any of these comp as a learning thing ,

• Graff420
      Graff420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely I don't do competitions I just like how your buds always look so imma just copy you hahaha

I have to think the LED box looks gooder. Maybe it’s just coloration in the photo but they look .....intense? Probably the more brilliant greens but of course , they both are successful and thriving grows. Aside from the lights, do both boxes perform the same?

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall I guess you're volunteering me to be the guinea pig... What I may do as a concession to you is grow one of the same strain in each box...

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Honored of course but that’s an incredible investment in time and spirit and I would never suggest that...BUT, we do learn a lot in these grows. I actually wish I’d known more about the process when I first started, even though I consider it a remarkable success. I know my next attempt will be superior due to all you have shown me and so many people here on the forum...my only forum. My dream of becoming a cultivator in a large dispensary when I grow up might actually become a reality someday... of course I’ll need a walker to go from one end to the other...😎. It’s taken me a long time to grow up this much.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall Yeah, I'm a little envious sometimes of the 40 year olds who've been growing for 20 years!!! But an artist is an artist no matter what age, so I hope to be pretty good at this by the time I'm 85... ;-}

END OF WEEK 2 FLOWER: Buds are budding...

HID box:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.36 MB ID:	293579

LED box

Name:	
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	293580
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Way hay Atu but they look well cushty lass (Translation: An expression of delight, ecstasy, satisfaction, my eyesight hasn`t deteriorated to the point that I cannot perceive images on my screen and that the growth highlighted is verdant, oh female of the species)

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for stopping by all. Canuck147 BlueBudz The stretch was uneven because of my insistence on having 4 different strains in the same box. First time I've grown Sativa dominant strains in a while, and they were ready to switch to 12/12 when the others were not.

PaganRich Way hay to you, too (sounds very 19th century). Yours look kushty as well.

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya I’m going to try and do just one plant in a tent this time around. Even three of the same strain I just grew we’re all so different. They were autos, one I had to kill because it didn’t go into flower the other two were so much different in size and the actual buds! I’m trying a lil noob scrog this time around😉

So your HID is what you’re referring to? From the photo ....I assume

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I have LED lights in one box and MH/HPS in the other.

Starting week 5 12/12, aka wk 4 flower.

LED:

Name:	
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	295554

HID

Name:	
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	295555

The nutes are doing a great job: I haven't had a single problem with them.

The defoliation is working, but of course not as well on the shorter plants. They didn't really make it up into the sweet, sweet spot height-wise. I won't come close to the 8 oz. I was dreaming of... Next time, next time I'll do better...
    Last edited by alltatup; 03-02-2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
      LurkingInTheGrass commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice ! (2 month flower)

And I finally understand who is where in HID 😁

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good ATU And I say that to myself as well next time next time lol

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey ATU I think this grow is the next time so far so good

STARTING WK 6 OF 12/12, DAY 36

I'm thinking that the defoliation worked better for me this time. The colas that reached the light "sweet spot" have larger buds; the shorter plants that needed more veg time in order to take full advantage of the stretch have smaller buds on them. So I see this grow as a combination of mistakes and successes so far; live, grow and learn.

HID box:

LED box:

Last edited by alltatup; 03-10-2019, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      LurkingInTheGrass You don't have to do that with me. I openly admit that I stunted four plants.

But yes: the bonsai colas (as I'm now referring to these plants as bonsai'd) are stacking up nicely.
      Last edited by alltatup; 03-11-2019, 06:59 AM.

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      LTG "are those colas stacked up, under the top bud?" Seems, and you can correct me, that the best stacking occurs when the symmetry has been broken on the branches. And of course tight nodes. I do love it when they stack, makes for a pretty picture.

• BlueBudz
      BlueBudz commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking great, I have grown Royal Gorilla a few times now and every one was very stout! Side by side with a Critical it was about 30% shorter. The funny thing is the yield was almost the same! Good luck I think they look great

Dam fine for your first try in hydro👍Thanks for sharing. Chow

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Potted I've been growing in hydro all along, since July 2016.

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      My apology, I’m bad I thought it was your first time, blushing 😊

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      No problem, Potted I'd sure like to see you blush!! ;-}

Week 6 trichomes:

These girls were looking particularly fetching this morning. I took a close look with my loupe, and I could see the nice clear triches covering the calyxes. It's interesting to watch the pistils (stigmas) start to dry, twist and turn color.

I'm keeping the humidity at 40%.

Chemdawg: I love this plant. I've grown her around 4 times.

Name:	
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	297625

Gorilla, who's forming those cool trichome helixes on her leaf edges:

Name:	
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	297626

BadAzz with a cat hair:

Name:	
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	297627
    Last edited by alltatup; 03-11-2019, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Colombo. They've got very good genetics!

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW ATU I love those pics you can see the trics on the hairs in second one , they are very frosty for 6 weeks dam fine job dam fine

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 Thanks! The closeups of trichomes always make me feel good!!

Beautiful Alltatup photos. Above all, thank the person who is giving you great satisfaction.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Famine; I'd say thank the plants that give me such great satisfaction.

• GreenState
      GreenState commented
      Editing a comment
      As they should alltatup, beautiful indeed.

WEEK 6 FLOWER, wk 7 12/12:

I'm watching stigmas turn yellow, then brown; the buds are frosting and thickening up nicely. The LED box plants--Jack Herer, C99 and Badazz Kush, will be ready to harvest before the HID box. They look like they're about a week ahead of the HID girls, whose stigmas are still almost all wnite.

This is week 7 of the nute schedule; I saw the slightest amount of nute burn on older leaves last week, so I began lowering the nutes this week. The feeding schedule also lowers some of the nutes, but I lowered a bit more. I kept the carbohydrate supplement up. Everything smells nice. The reservoirs smell nice and rooty.

Here's the LED box last week and this week:

Name:	LED mar9.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	298985Click image for larger version

Name:	LED mar15.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	298986

Here's HID last week and this week:

Name:	HID mar9.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	298988Click image for larger version

Name:	HID mar16.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	298987

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking sweet Atu, very nice

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      PaganRich I'm gonna vape the hell out of the Badazz Kush in honor of your fallen girl. I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but I sure will.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup Will be with you in spirit

starting week 8 of flower (wk 9 12/12):

HID box today and 2 wks ago:

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	2.74 MB ID:	301779Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.14 MB ID:	301780

I see significant bud growth, and these babies have around two weeks to go. I'm hoping to see the buds continue to spiral around the cola tops and fill them in. Still lots of white pistils and some are turning golden brown.

Here is LED today:

Name:	
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	301786

This box is closer to harvest. C99 (front right above) should be ready sometime this week; almost all the pistils have browned and turned inward, but I'm waiting to see fewer clear triches. She is indeed short and squat, but she's like solid bud, and thick!!

Jack Herer (rear left) is a small plant, but buds look nice, and BadAzz Kush (right rear) is a monster. I've got humidity down to 35-40%.

Spring is upon us; a Spring harvest sounds like a very good thing to me!

Last edited by alltatup; 03-30-2019, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      its going to take a weekend to get those all trimmed up, those girls have filled out so well wow

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sticking your head in, folks!!

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats some really nice growth and awesome Buds ! Definitely a BAD AZZ way to start spring for sure !

Harvested C99 today. She smells like a flower shop and her buds are nice n thick. Weed buddy thinks it will be 2 oz dried, which would be very nice.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2904.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	302295

Comment

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      Super nice Buds ! No April fools There ! Good Growing !!

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      very nice ATU I think you nailed , we have flowers in front yard and snow melting in the back lol

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Best grow I`ve seen you do Atu, really impressive-congrats from across the Pond

Great growing I'm into your grows nice clean and mean

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, man! "nice clean and mean": I like that!!! I'm growin her again on the next episode coming up, and she will be much taller.

Congratulations Alltatup, beautiful tops look like compact stones.

Comment

The picture of the bud branch above made me smile yesterday I finally got back in bloom to finish the 3 week defole and I have one plant with 3 of those branches I hope they come out as good as that one
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X