Only 1plant sick please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 1plant sick please help

Hi I'm quite new to growing this is my 5th grow. I have 4 auto Northern lights all are good apart from one. She is really healthy looking apart from all the leavs around the bud sites are clawing down. And she is behind the other 3 flowering wise. Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by leafy1986; 12-16-2018, 05:16 AM.

As you can see 2 pics are the sick plant the rest are fine
    Attached Files

Comment

You will need to take pictures in regular light and not under led lighting.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Yes Qwertwill is right,and the reason is that it can be nitrogen toxicity if your leaves are really dark green.

Comment

Originally posted by Budler View Post
          Yes Qwertwill is right,and the reason is that it can be nitrogen toxicity if your leaves are really dark green.
          OK thanks here...... A couple of the healthy ones as well they all look same colour to me. Could it just be a runt of a plant.
          Attached Files

Comment

Have you checked the ph of your runoff? Im not an expert yet bit I had a plant that looked just like that and it was locked out really bad. Either way a really good flush with ph'ed water would be what i would do for toxicity or lockout.

Comment

• OkieGrowkie
              OkieGrowkie commented
              Editing a comment
              Could be overwatering too. After the flush I would let it dry out really well and start doing more frequent light watering. Only reason I say that is because your leaves dont appear all that dark especially the new growth.

i would break out your microscope and look at those affected areas. could be the dreaded russett mites. my plants looked the same way and thought it was a ph issue but turned out it was the mites

Comment

Originally posted by OkieGrowkie View Post
              Have you checked the ph of your runoff? Im not an expert yet bit I had a plant that looked just like that and it was locked out really bad. Either way a really good flush with ph'ed water would be what i would do for toxicity or lockout.
              What you mean locked out? I might add I flushed it yesterday and it was real dry. Another thing is when I water that one the water takes longer to soak in than the other 3

Comment

• OkieGrowkie
                OkieGrowkie commented
                Editing a comment
                If your ph is too high or too low the plant qont take in nutrienta no matter what you feed it. Lockout means it unable to absorb nitrients all together.

• OkieGrowkie
                OkieGrowkie commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm typing in gloves sorry for the misspelling lol

Originally posted by cyberaktif View Post
              i would break out your microscope and look at those affected areas. could be the dreaded russett mites. my plants looked the same way and thought it was a ph issue but turned out it was the mites
              Would they not have spread to the other 3 though. I will check now though... ... Just checked. No mites what I can see
              Last edited by leafy1986; 12-16-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leafy1986 View Post

What you mean locked out? I might add I flushed it yesterday and it was real dry. Another thing is when I water that one the water takes longer to soak in than the other 3
                I have a ph soil probe its saying about 6.8

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The soil probes are garbage. You need to test the water.

That's not horribly bad. some strains and some soil preform better at 6 some 6.5 blah blah. But do some research on your soil if store bought and your strain. It may need to come down a little

Comment

Originally posted by OkieGrowkie View Post
                  That's not horribly bad. some strains and some soil preform better at 6 some 6.5 blah blah. But do some research on your soil if store bought and your strain. It may need to come down a little
                  Funny enough I work at one of the biggest supplier of compost in the UK and get it for free and perlite lol but I don't know if I said this is only my 5th grow and always done OK with same soil mix Last crop I got 209g off 3 autos but like I said I'm new to this

Comment

• OkieGrowkie
                    OkieGrowkie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well theres no shortage of soil for you then sir haha. But its ok man we all learn something new all the time. I'm no expert either I promise haha. Its cool to see other people get passionate about the grow process. Its good for the soul and teaches lofe lessons in a way.

• OkieGrowkie
                    OkieGrowkie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mr.furley is right though. You should test your runoff anyways to double check.

• OkieGrowkie
                    OkieGrowkie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha life*

Il check it tomorrow she should be dry then or maybe let her dry another day and water her less and more often. What you think

Comment

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am a fan of watering more at a time, less often.
                    You should always water to run off.

• OkieGrowkie
                    OkieGrowkie commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Watering to runoff is best altogether. Make sure you have good air flow down there so it can breathe though. I had decent results when I watered less for a short spell after I had signs of overwatering.

Yea usually I get 20% ish runoff

Comment

Plants sometime can be kept a whole week without watering depend on light and temperature based on my experience their roots need some dryness to stay strong

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X