150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

Hello Grower, I hate to say it but it appears to be in the stages of root rot. If they are soft and smell with slime it would appear so. It looks nutrient rich also. if your trying to save them high pressure wash the decay away replace water, add nutes slowly keep fingers crossed! in normal hydro roots should be clean whitish color with long feeders. How do the plants look?

Comment

I agree with the top posters; more info and some pics of your plant would help us give you a more accurate answer. However, just by looking at the pics, I’m leaning towards a serious case of root rot. Did you just recently notice it? This looks like it’s been unchecked for some time now. It’s always a good idea to make it a habit of checking your plant’s roots and reservoir’s temps now and then to make sure everything’s ok. If the roots don’t smell funky and feel slimy, then perhaps it may be nutrient stains. Are you feeding her anything that may have caused the roots to turn that color?
        Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Sure looks like it. If it smells bad too... then yes, for sure.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Howdy lonnielmb72, it certainly does look like root rot to me. I keep the root rot under check by first; ample aeration of the reservoir, I use a four outlet air pump with four 4 inch air stones in a ten gallon reservoir. Secondly; I keep the water temperature below 70° F by using 0.7 L ice bottles (changed out as necessary). Thirdly; I use aluminum foil and duct tape to completely block out as much light as possible from leaking into the reservoirs, I even cover over the Hydrotron pebbles in the net pots. Fourthly; I use 2 ml of GH FloraShield per gallon of water as an inoculant. You can give a large dose of hydrogen peroxide to the reservoir to shock the root rot, but do not use it if You are using a 'live' bacterial control, such as Hydroguard or similar, as the H2O2 will kill it as well. I have tried the Hydroguard and a couple of other root treatments, but they did not work as well as just keeping the stuff from starting in the first place.
            Try to clean the reservoir out by first treating it with the H2O2 and then flush and rinse as much out as possible, then start with fresh nutrients.
            Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

My take...some nute lines stain roots brown so that isn't always a good indicator of problems. Slime is a definite indicator-need a better pic of the root mass.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nutes feel like slime too when they saturate the root zone like described. Scent is a much better indicator.

I agree with the slime statement, my roots look brown all the time, but when it rots, it gets a mushy look.
            Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 12-08-2018, 03:35 PM.
            Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
            A tale of two seeds
            Batter Up Sour Deisel
            Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
            New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
            Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              Agree, just giving a picture of brown roots, had me worried for a while

• Colombo
              Colombo commented
              Editing a comment
              No comparison to the post pictures, just look at your feeder roots, whitish, healthy not translucent. The post pictures are translucent, minimal color and no feeder root expansion. When feeder roots break down the post pictures are what happens.

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Colombo agreed

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X