No trichomes on maturing colas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No trichomes on maturing colas

Hey again GWE. I don't know if anyone has been actually following some of my posts about these issues that I'm having of supposedly Auto and photos. But I have what is an auto that I got in a group of five seeds from Nirvana four and a half months ago. It's a hundred and twelve days old, but I will post pics tomorrow or as soon as I can but the buds are colas or whatever you call it are fattening up but there's no trichomes at all. Which I think is a little strange. The whole plant is strange. Two and a half months ago the other four plants from the group of five seeds were harvested. I've had so many issues with this plant because it's in kind soil or was but that ran out long ago with its nutrient levels. Anyway what do you do with a plant that has no trichomes on it? It should be all crystally. Shouldn't it?
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

There are a few strains that do not have anywhere near the same amount of trichomes as others. Is it the same strain as the others? Sometimes strains have few trichomes compared to others yet produce a very strong effect when smoked. So it depends on the strain as to whether or not it's odd. As far as the time period some take alot longer than others even from the same strain. So that may not be odd either. Pictures and more info will help.

So it may or not be strange. And it may or may not be an issue. Not enough information to say.

Comment

looking forward to seeing pics..

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181123-195815_Chrome.jpg
Views:	1485
Size:	389.7 KB
ID:	269829

Comment

I have grown strains that look like that. But I could still see them under a microscope.
          The crystals tend to show themselves much more definitively after the cure process. Few weeks in the jars might surprise you.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Got to tell you guys that I do not mean to diss Nirvana, but since day one which was in June there have been a lot of mishaps with buying seeds from Nirvana. Believe it or not this particular one I'm talking about is one that was the first grow I've done out of five. They were harvested months ago. This one is now a hundred and ten days old, And still weeks from being ready. In room 2 which is the 12 12 room, I have another one that was supposed to be an auto that's clearly a photo. It's baffling what they've given us. This is the third grow buying seeds from Nirvana that I have completely different looking plants that come into maturity at way way different rates or have not been Autos but have been photos. I bought five ak48 for example, and two of them have long long dark narrow very very saturated leaves, and the rest have very broad less serrated leaves and are lighter green. Clearly a different strain but still an Auto, so I guess I shouldn't complain right? As a new grower this is so frustrating because there's no way I can pinpoint it anyway harvesting or what they actually need. They're selling us stuff that are not what they say they are. Not cool. I will try to post a picture of this plant tomorrow I'm exhausted right now. I have to pull it out and bring it downstairs to photograph it and I have a lot to water and I have to work a 12-hour shift.
            We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
            8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

Could thay have been burned off,...for lack of a better word.... what I mean is could the lights have been to close and destroyed them?
              i figure you know the correct distance already but it’s something to check off the list. Good growing 👍

Comment

• Greenpassion
                Greenpassion commented
                Editing a comment
                With all due respect no there has been no light burning. I'm super careful with distance of light, pH. Environmental controls. This plant is just such an enigma. I don't have much experience but has anyone out there know an auto to be what this one is going to be like maybe a hundred and twenty-five or a hundred and thirty days old?

Strain could lack trichs or it could be root aphids. Root aphids severely impact trich development.

Comment

• Greenpassion
                Greenpassion commented
                Editing a comment
                if it is root aphids, What do I do about that? Never experienced root aphids before. All the other plants in this group of five seats that I got from Nirvana went off without a hitch, lots of trichomes all harvested within a 92 to 97 day period.

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Beneficial nematodes will destroy aphids in the medium.

I've also had issues with Nirvana, their "original glue" is nothing like gg#4 even though they claim it is. I've also grown autos that take forever to finish (Super Skunk)and some that were not autos at all.I've gotten seeds from them 11 times and had quality issues with 3 of them which happen to be the latest orders. Perhaps the boom in home growing is stretching their inventory and quality control . I've contacted the customer service department and they went with the multiple phenos explanation. Even with the issues ,I bought some blackberry feminized from them which is my current grow. Hopefully there won't be an issue.
              Happy Growing ,Happy Holidays

Comment

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Gg#4 is a clone only strain. No seed will be exactly the same as the original ever.

My OG Kush going right now is also from nirvana and has minimal trichome development even though shes only got 2-3 weeks left

Comment

It's good to know I'm not crazy. I think I'm going to start ordering from 420c guy instead of Nirvana. 6 months into this whole Growing Experience and I've had really nothing but problems from Nirvana. Don't mean to be talking about a product or whatever might be a No-No on this website. Just talkin about issues that I've had with seeds that aren't what they're supposed to be.
                We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
                8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

I have no doubt Nirvana is a reputable company. I just happened to be a catcher of the flukes.
                  We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
                  8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

I think you will see this with autos from anyone, some details on the seeds I have read said they will produce 2 or more different looking, flavored, and grow time etc. plants (each one being good in its own way), they are not genetically stable,,, yet.
                    And, if you buy say a white widow from 3 different suppliers, you will likely get 3 different strains, and none of them may be the true white widow. Could be bread from the white widow, or maybe bread the same as the white widow, but may never match the real deal!

Comment

Ok Nirvana is reputable. This site is open to talk about products that work for you. And ones that dont. Feel free to use names. What is a nono is advertising a product. Reviewing or giving your thoughts here is endorsed. NebulaHaze Nebula will tell you that giving opinions on companies or brands that work or dont work is needed and wanted. Just dont advertise or push a product. Saying it works, you had a good or bad experience is encouraged.

I have had great success with Nirvana. But mistakes happen. You want to see different pheno types try MSNL Carmelicious. I've grown 7 now all autos. Some are short squat and make huge colas. Some Massive very long tall colas and take 120 days. Some done in 75. Some have long thinner buds but grow massive yields. They all have similar characteristics when smoked but are all a bit different. But they are all amazing.

I jar every plant separate with the exact plant, date jarred, planted, harvested, type lights, time of year etc. Every jar is a bit different and when I smoke I choose the exact plant I want to smoke. So yes pheno types and conditions grown in make a huge difference.

if you want a Nirvana plant that is almost always identical and some of the best smoke you have ever smoked get their Nitro Lemon Haze photo. Cant recommend it enough.

MSNL I like alot. Seedsman is great for variety but for some reason get confiscated more than others. And some seedsman seeds sit a long time so can take longer to germinate. New guy 420 is willing to really work with you. So many others that are good. But with all the constant crossing of strains all companies are going to have seeds that are way off of each other.

Trichomes are tricky. Unless you are growing a "white" strain you never know how many trichs you will get. But never judge a bud until its fully cured and you smoke it. Some of my best smoke is ugly as hell. Airy, not a whole lot of trichs, not pretty colors, low aroma, etc etc. But you better believe I like you if that's what I pull out to smoke with you.

Comment

• Greenpassion
                        Greenpassion commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you for that red wasp.

Just to cover my bases here, I've never bought beneficial nematodes before. Do I get them from Amazon? Is there a brand?
                      We belong to the earth.

Photos in Coast of Maine
                      8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                        D.A.A.S.69 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Greenpassion well I don't have a clue then what's going on.
                        Maybe you should just grow a few plants at a time, untill you get the hang of it.
                        I know I can't grow any more then 3-4 at one time, or I'll get confused,
                        Good Luck with your new soil, I've never had any problems with KindSoil though, the only problem I have with it is it costs to much for me, that's why I would send him pictures of my plants, like Phil asked me to, and he would always send me free KindSoil, except I had to pay for the shipping..
                        I don't use it anymore, I use dug up Delta soil, its free, lol
                        But if I was going to buy anymore, it would be KindSoil, from Phil, directly not amazon.
                        GoodLuck GP

• Greenpassion
                        Greenpassion commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Agreed @D.A.D.A.A.S.69, I started out with way too much and bit off more than I could chew for sure. and I hadn't had any problems with the kind soil with Auto. well I have with the auto that turned out to be photos, but other than that no complaints. It's good to hear from you. Hope you have a good weekend🙂

• D.A.A.S.69
                        D.A.A.S.69 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Greenpassion Thanks for your concerns, we are all doing much better now, the new Dr.prescribed Zanax, and it works real good, just makes you groggy as hell. But at least I'm sleeping good now.
                        Only problem I ever had with KindSoil was the first autoflower I ever grew, she took 90days to finish, but that was my fault I'm sure, but when she started yellowing a little to soon, I just top dressed her with 5-6 handfuls of KindSoil, an that did the trick.
                        I've grown a bunch of autos since then, and they all have finished between 60-75 days ,like the are supposed to.
                        The fastest finishing autos all came from Paul at New420Guy seeds.
                        Some autos if you read what the seedbanks say, take alot longer to finish, I don't ever grow them long finishing one's though.
                        Have a great weekend GP.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X