COMING SOON!! Juicy's 400W HID Blue Widow (Dinafem) Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COMING SOON!! Juicy's 400W HID Blue Widow (Dinafem) Grow

Okay so as soon as my light comes in im going to germinate my Blue Widow by Dinafem from New420guys. I have 2 but im not sure if i will do both. I think i could fit two but this plant is supposed to have sativa traits as far as height even though its indica dom. But ill figure out the calculations. Either way, in the next week, I'll be starting this grow.

Heres my line up:

(2) Blue Widow feminized (Df) from new420guys
    5 gallon smart pots
    2x2x4 grow tent
    400w MH veg (50-75%) dimmed
    400w HPS flower (100%) not dimmed
    Soil: Processed forest products, processed pine, Canadian sphagnum peat moss, reed sedge peat, sand and/or composted rice hulls, limestone (ph adjuster), 30% perlite.
    Fox Farm Trio (soil) Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom. Might add another FF product during flower.

I'm really excited because this is going to be my first grow with breeder seeds and not just random bag seed. So please, if any can think of anything i might need, just let me know.

Thanks!

-Juicy
    “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
    192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
    3 Gal Smart Pots
    FoxFarm Trio
    +Open Sesame
    +Cha-Chang
    +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
    192w t5
    Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
    FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
    FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Sounds good Juice, sorry about the other light.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah its cool. I kinda half expected not to get anything worth while but when I see 600w and $50 in the same sentence, i gotta risk it lol so it didnt hurt my pocket too bad and i can still return it. So no worries really. But thanks Mr.furley

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0482.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	269191 "I think i could fit two but this plant is supposed to have sativa traits as far as height even though its indica dom." That's the Thai, and Purple Thai in it. Blueberry mixed with White Widow has to be a fantastic combination. I have not grown Blue Widow before, but have a couple of seeds in my new420guy cart. I am looking at Purple Wreck, and Purple Maze Kush as well. Only problem is I already have a shit load of seeds, and more on the way. One thing I am put off by this new420guy's prices is the exorbitant shipping charge. He charges as much to mail across a few states as some charge to mail from Amsterdam.

Good luck Juice.
    Last edited by starramus; 11-21-2018, 06:05 AM. Reason: added photo

Comment

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah maybe he does charge to much. And maybe he'll lower it over time. Idk. But yeah im super stoked for this grow. If theres room, which i doubt, i might throw the GSC in too. But im hoping with a topping and lst i can keep the 1-2 Blue Widows relatively short. Guess we'll see. They're said to go from 90-140cm. And thanks starramus

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      Grew what were supposed to be 3 White Widows from Seedsman last year. One turned out to be a runt, but had the loveliest violet color. I called it Purple Mystery. I postulated that it was a blue widow as it has been said they are sometimes violet in color. Was definitely some potent weed. See photo above.

Dimming a MH bulb is not recommended for 2 reasons.
    1. It quickly degraded the bulb (wears it out faster)
    2. If the bulb is designed for plants... anything less than 400w will not give you the light spectrum the 400w bulb was designed for.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you transplant again after the 1gallon?

• Juicyj89
      Juicyj89 commented
      Editing a comment
      And i use the same for seedlings usually

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes... I transplant into either 3 or 5 gal after 1 gal. Depends on how long I plan on having them in there. I try to plan 2 plus gal of soil for every month I plan them being in the containers. This is the ratio I use for the final transplant.

Also efficiency. You can dim a metal halide down to 75% before major spectrum and efficiency degradation occurs. Sodium discharge can be dimmed down to 50% before major degradation.
    Written Articles:
    Light Metric Systems
    Using Light Efficiently
    The Light Cycle Debate
    Environment Conditions
    Grow Light Technologies
    How To Compare Grow Lights
    To Defoliate Or Not To Defoliate
    Having A Light Source Too Close

Check Out Our Social Media Channels For More Resources:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram

Comment

Hey guys so my bad. I’m not going to grow the Blue Widow just yet.. I know, bummer. But, I am going to start the GSC in place just to see how things run with the new lights. Everything will be the same except the strain and I’m also starting seedlings under 2x t5 24w HO 6500k for a week or so. Then they’ll be under HID. Which came in today and it is badass!! Gotta give it to iPower on this one. Super great product. Only $95 too. I considered it a steal. Anyways, wish me luck!

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
      3 Gal Smart Pots
      FoxFarm Trio
      +Open Sesame
      +Cha-Chang
      +CaliMagic

First grow:

Current Grow:

192w t5
      FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey not to spoil the good times, but my 600w ipower ballast lasted less than 2 years. I bought it brand new. Hopefully your experience will be better than mine with that manufacturer.

Well, it’s official. 2 Fem GSC in the making. Seem to be doing okay after 1st day under the 400w. Oh and I guess I’ll be making a post per week. So every Thursday I suppose. well here they are!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	500F2C8B-F548-4D6B-8D8A-3E8020F24FB9.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	271380Click image for larger version

Name:	54A75A5F-D2BB-471A-92EA-908FD515DFB9.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	271381

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
      3 Gal Smart Pots
      FoxFarm Trio
      +Open Sesame
      +Cha-Chang
      +CaliMagic

First grow:

Current Grow:

192w t5
      FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco

Comment

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Okay well it will probably be tomorrow. But I’m sure it will be fine until then. And so when you say “beyond the t5” you’re meaning the leaves just reach out past each side of the t5? Because if that’s so, that’s not much of a significant difference imo. I mean obviously it would save electricity, but I would also have to pull everything and then put it back just a short time later. I also have 3 other seedlings in there atm. There not doing great but they’re still there. So if I don’t switch, I’ll only be wasting electricity, right?

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah. It’s not a big deal. You can keep them under the 400. Either way. Yes, that’s correct. A little wasted light, not a huge set back.

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cool. Thanks brother.

Cute at that age lol. Good luck on your grow

Comment

• Juicyj89
        Juicyj89 commented
        Editing a comment
        IKR lol but thanks

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X