No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what my Durban poison and Berry Ryder newguy420seeds are looking like. Both are in 3 gal. pots with my soil mix. I just fed them their first bloom feedings 1tsp of age old organics in 1/2gal well water. Went just a bit heavy with the bloom want to see how it effects the plant have not seen really any burn using this product. Happy to answer any questions, autos are 38days from seed
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Man I just enlarged the Duban Poison auto hmmm may be boy? I must pull it out for a deep inspection when lights come on shit...…..

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      I zoomed in as much as possible, I do not see pecans at all, see a lot of white pistols hidden and getting ready so to speak.

• SirSmksAlot
      SirSmksAlot commented
      Editing a comment
      I also couldn't see any balls. Hopefully it's just a couple of calyxes. Or however you spell it lol

Thank you JohnEmad

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Well i'm going to take Durban out give it a "physical" cause I am batting 0 lately with reg. seeds. Ya think that 1 out of 3 would be female

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Well I got 5 out of 5 males with reg seed,,, it can happen.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          May the odds be ever in your favor.

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          Now do that with lottery numbers. 👍

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          It just means someone else got 5 out of 5 females, and the bag seed looks like I may have 1 male,,,,forget the loottery!

We have girls 40days from seed, 2nd day I see flower. Thank you for your support GWE. Durban Poison and Berry Ryder autos.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          I see smiley-faces everywhere in those pics.

17 days from sprout and I think the CDLC on the right will get a top trim soon. Not sure about the dbl grape as she may only get the bend and tuck treatment or maybe even a ponytail.
        Adding a little xtra cal/mag to stop the slight lightening of the leaves. ppm at 550, ph @ 5.7 in the res. temps 20/28C and RH 35/55%.
        we are smiling so far.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200127_211927.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	370572
        Attached Files

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          They are bushing our nicely for you. Good start so far. Keep it up!

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking happy and pumped

Am hoping to join in an auto show down soon, once new grow room done! Im hoping to do World of Seeds AUTO Collection Afghan Kush Ryder. My wife has told me to look for an afghan variety, so i do not want to disappoint!

A wee speel about her from the seed site:

This 100% indica hybrid instantly became a favourite on international cannabis markets for her easy growing qualities and high narcotic abilities, some of which are incredible medical values. Afghan Kush marijuana strain has strong hashish smell so popular amongst marijuana smokers. Her hardwood sweet taste combined with a very narcotic effect which makes her one of bestsellers. Being a auto-flowering marijuana, Afghan Kush Ryder grows from a cannabis seed flower in response to age rather than light cycle. She will grow vegetative for approximately 14 days then enter into a rapid, almost violent flowering period. For the next 55 days, she will branch out profusely, throw out pistils in their thousands, calyxes will swell and a coating of resin glands will make the mature plant glisten as if dusted with fine cannabis diamonds. Being quite petite, Afghan Kush Ryder automatic remains a great yielder when grown indoors. The cross with a ruderalis also means that Afghan Kush Ryder cannabis seeds can be grown virtually anywhere with the high tolerance to such risks as mould and pests.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Atta boy MrHappy81 that's suppose to be one powerful smoke. Come join the party

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm...is it possible to be 100% indica *and* be an auto? (Answer is no)
          Maybe they mean that they took a 100% indica strain then crossed it with ruderalis?

• MrHappy81
          MrHappy81 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry i should of included this part!
          Afghan Kush Ryder is a result of numerous experiments that had been carried out to create new, strong and potent marijuana strains. The famous seed of Afghan Kush was back crossed with a Ruderalis and gave a start to Afghan Kush

you are right YYCannabis a cross.
          Thanks SoOrbudgal, i can't wait, I like parties.

Here is something I have never see in an inside grow. It had me confused for a bit. Outside it's more common. But here is a picture of rodent damage from where they eat the outside of the "bark."

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200129_145450.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	371009
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          This is inside? I love those electric rat traps.

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Those rat bastards!

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I would be feeding Mr Rat a One Bite II rat bar! I hope she recovers (maybe grab a clone just in case) A rabbit cut down a near finished very sparkly plant in the woods for me, I am sure I cried,,,

Not quite a “grow” yet, but I’m super pumped these came today! After finishing my first grow using bag seed, I’ve anxiously awaited for my order from Seedsman. Took exactly 3 weeks like everyone says. It was the longest 3 weeks.
        Current Grow:
        • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
        • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
        • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
        ​​​​Nutrients
        • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
        • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
        • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
        • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
        • Black Strap Molasses
        • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
        • Flower Fuel bloom booster

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm flowering that White Widow right now. It's been a joy to grow, very vigorous the whole way. I'm interested in that Blackberry.

• Greenlivin
          Greenlivin commented
          Editing a comment
          FunkyButtLovin unfortunately, the blackberry was a dud. I think. It germinated fast but never sprouted for me.

26 days and the Dbl Grape is showing pistils. My 1st attempt at a quadline. I think she will take to it well.
        The Creme d l Chem is so bushy and tight. Still doing the ponytail thing with her. Where are those secondary tops?...Lights at 30 inches and still little to no node spacing on her.
        Otherwise no problems and good growth.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning JohnEmad most of my autos ( i'll show pics later it's to early for me) are very tight nodes I have a berry auto and a Durban poison auto Durban stretched like crazy and berry short and squat. Pics will come, it's either lights or strain genetics, i'm leaning on strain.

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          You got it SoOrbudgal, Either lights, strain or both. I am ok with it either way. Just have to adjust how I help it grow.. Won't be long and the fast growth/ stretch should hit.

Ok I'm still battling with these damn rodents. What's weird is out of 8 plants they are only eating 2 of them. Both plants they are chewing on are GDP. They have not even touched the other strains.

I've tried humane ways to get rid of them and it didnt work at all. I've tried old fashioned traps but come back and they have been set off and the bait gone. Today 2 of the glue traps were completely gone. They are not anywhere I can find them. Starting to think that it has to be rats, chipmunks or something similar. Because mice could not have run off with the glue traps.

I'm hoping for an early spring and I'll just let a rat snake live down there. They will stay until all the mice are gone and then they will leave on their own.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Spidermite I use "One Bite II rat bars", they will take out mice, rats, coons, posums, etc. it is poison, it works!
          For the snap traps, load them with peanut butter on a paper towel piece, roll it up and stick in so they pull on the paper, snap! If they bleed on it, wash it with bleach, or get a new one.

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          I love these things, little bit of Peanut butter in the bait slot and listen for the crackle, knocks their tail stiff in a heart beat.

• Spidermite
          Spidermite commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys. I've just never had an issue like this. I'll give those things a try.

Damn that's the reason we got 2new kitties. We have mice and wood rats in the woodpiles and shed. Our little terrier mix she is a killer, she can get under the shed but big fat head sonny dog can't cause he's fat LOL so he's going crazy watching dog and cat chasing them out he gets them LOL JohnEmad here are my 2 autos. The one on the left is a Berry Ryder on the right is Durban Poison both transplanted same day both are 50days old. Berry says 60-65days Durban could go 10-11wks cause it's more sativa not sure all sativa but most is of this strain. Huge spacing on Durban very tight nodes on Berry. Durban did not like the last bloom feeding on the 3rd, I went a little stronger she got a tad yellow I flushed her yesterday she is looking a bit better today. It did not look like it effected Berry with the extra 1teaspoon of bloom. I'm trying to be patient with these mini plants but all my temps are great during day overnight mid 60's sure could be better if in the 70s but it's not that cool to bulk these up??

Well i'll keep going with these auto seeds sometime I may hit a 2oz harvest LOL I know it's possible looking at all auto growers here. Oh the Berry is 12" Durban 18" it was topped the Berry was not top.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, that's how my creme d l chem will end up I think. 1 main top and short node spacing. Your berry rider looks real good growing more natural. That Durban could be a big producer with those long tops.

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal I'm following your durban, I'm 9 days behind you @ day 41 since sprouting. Your durban is an auto? I'm growing a photo fem, just starting to show pistils at day 6 since flipping. Been defoliating steadily through out the grow, but will now hold off for a week or so and see where I'm at. Looking to establish an upper and midway canopy. all the best. (25 and now freezing rain here, yuk)
          Last edited by GreenState; 02-06-2020, 08:40 AM.

GreenState yes she's an auto.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

This King Kush 𝐀uto seed from Seedsman is going on 2 days looking like this. It germinated just fine and is under some cfls and FFOF medium. Any thoughts, or anyone experience super slow growth like this? It’s been in the soil germinated for 6 days now.
          Current Grow:
          ​​​​Nutrients
          • Black Strap Molasses

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            She's spreading her roots - hope you got the whole pot moist so she can figure out how big her home is.
            3 gallon pot - she won't grow much bigger (her leaves will get a bit bigger) for the next 14 days - cuz it's a big home.

I tried one in a 7 gallon pot and she was tiny tiny for 25 days - then began to grow up and shooting out pistils at the same time. Was a good smoke - Colorado Cookies - main cola weighed 105 grams wet and like the idiot I am I tried drying it as one cola - got bud rot and lost a third of it - valuable lesson learned.

• Greenlivin
            Greenlivin commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn Canuck147 thanks for the wisdom. I’d much rather learn from others experiences than on my own lol. Why is it that they take so long to grow in a bigger pot? Any idea on the “science” behind it?

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Spreading their roots to all ends of the pot.

Canuck147 any thoughts on this one? It’s been like this for the past 6 days. Germinated and had helmet head so I removed. Can see the catlydons (sp?) but absolutely zero growth in the plug.
          Current Grow:
          ​​​​Nutrients
          • Black Strap Molasses

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            I see green - let it grow

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X