The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldjarhead100 View Post
    The damage done when your not paying attention lol oh and she laid an egg in the towel closet I took it and her back to her cage and put them in a little nest area , I know they dont like to lay in the cages cause the eggs keep disappearing
    Yeah those bird brains can be destructive. One of my wife's pet chickens (they all have names. 11 of them that I call an 88 piece bucket) tore up a nest sized depression in the seat of my Kawasaki Mule. For a 99 cent a pound creature that's a lot of damage.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      we have 3 left from a flock of 16 ,they have stopped laying and are just living out there lives lol , wish I could bring myself to put them in a soup pot lol

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      That's messy business. Visions of my grandma chopping off the head of one when I was a toddler. Damn thing running around the yard with no head! the horror! the horror!

A little before and after on her first LST. I still have 3 more on top to do, but she was stressed enough last night. Again, I didn’t top her and look how gnarly her growth is. It has some of the thickest leaves that I’ve ever seen. Not putting out any smell at all, just some last night when I took off some sun leaves. Glad I didn’t kill her off...lol.
    Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      ya she looks like shes going to return the favor and grow into a beast for you lol

I think in one tent this time I'm gonna try to fill it with one or 2 plants. This is a 4x4. I'm thinking I could get more yield out of 1 than 2 assuming extra veg time. I think it's worth a try. God knows I already have enough to have one grow go wrong. So why not
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think one would be better than 2 , when ever I crowded plants there health suffered

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely have the room. I was thinking one would be the best yield for time and effort spent. That's what I'm gonna go with. The other tents will be run as normal.

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a self imposed limit of 9 plants inside. Have only 3 atm.

My little 2x4 tent is getting the full look with 3 autos.
    Did a heavy defoliation 2 days ago. Not much growing yesterday but they all added an inch or more in height today.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 11-19-2019, 11:47 PM.

Comment

My last 3 plants inside. They are about ready for harvest depending on how you like it.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20191120_145822.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	351022Click image for larger version

Name:	20191120_145316.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	351023Click image for larger version

Name:	20191120_145302.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	351024Click image for larger version

Name:	20191120_145046.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	351025Click image for larger version

Name:	20191120_144842.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	351026Click image for larger version

Name:	20191120_144740.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	2.99 MB
ID:	351028Click image for larger version

Name:	20191120_145316.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	351029

Attached Files

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy bejebbers spidermite, hope mine is half as good looking, good job!

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. I appreciate it.

s62 this is my last Girl Scout Cookies from fast buds. Didnt want to post it vs those as those are ready for harvest and this has 2 weeks or more left. Not to mention those plants make abnormal yields.

Name:	20191120_145755.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	3.31 MB
ID:	351031

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Just had an GSC Extreme auto start, hope mine is as dense as yours look.

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spidermite, that’s a great looking girl. I hope to grow them like that one day!

And on to the hemp/cbd farm I thought I was gonna get a break. But we finished the winter grow room and are starting our mother plants.

Name:	received_722190628186788.jpeg
Views:	421
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	351051Click image for larger version

Name:	received_459109308137913.jpeg
Views:	364
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	351052

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        wow what a space ,how well do those flood tables work ,very interesting

Cool, I like it.
      Seems the Canadian companies are not doing well due to Gov interference and low quality with high prices.
      Black market still rules here.

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes the store prices on cbd flower here goes for 13 a gram. Of course growers dont get that much. And the laws here changed 3 times this year already. If it keeps up it will run us out of business.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        and thats why I dont trust big business they always screwing the little guy

Where are you? I’m in Alberta and most stores I’ve gone into are close to $15/g. Can’t say I’ve made note of the price of CBD herb though.
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just bought online again Jack Herer $75 an ounce

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        I can not grow it for that.. When I was buying it was 400 an ounce

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        $400/oz?! Wow! When I was buying street weed I thought I was getting ripped-off at $220-250/oz. That was a number of yrs ago. I think street weed is now somewhere around $150/oz (in Canuck bucks).

the clerk at my coffee shop shows me a picture of a plant that was about 3 times as big as the green house it was in ,with the caption 273 days and still no tomatoes lol,

it was funny but got me to thinking how in the hell can they keep it in veg as daylight decreases , this plant was about 20 feet tall (Unless they used a mini GH ) so how would they get supplemental light to it
      I mean at some point its going to want to go into bloom right ,maybe I should go smoke so I can figure it out lol
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        I grew 12 foot plants without trying several decades ago. Threw some seeds in the garden and 5 grew. Tallest near 12 ft before having to cut them down early due to a nosy neighbor calling the law in. The neighbors wife to be exact.. The husband warned me. Nice guy.

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 we have flood lights equivalent to street lights but stronger in the fields. We had to put them to make use of our extended growing season. We can plant as early march and grow through the end of November most years. Planting seeds starting them in sunlight works fine without the lights. However if we use clones, which we do, when you move then outside that early after being in an 18/6 schedule they immediately flower unless we use the lights until about may.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 Most years early/mid April to late October,,,

I'm afraid to say its official winter is here with snow on the ground we should be hard water fishing by the first of the year
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I have light snow just north of me this morning,,, one of the weather folks is redoing his long range forecast, saying it may be a hard winter, Monday @ 5pm,,,,

Autos are heading into flowering stage. Shortest is the Cream Caramel at 15". Tallest is the untopped NLx at 2ft. The topped NLx would be well over 2 ft and is the biggest overall and starting to stretch at 17"s.

Attached Files

Comment

oldjarhead100 I just thought about something you said above. About wishing you could put the chickens in a pot. Well my kids all had to kill their dinner at least once so they knew what was involved in making meat. Only one chose to be a vegetarian and it lasted 3 days. She said it was a good plan but she'd rather eat meat.

But what I was thinking of is my nephews at the hemp farm. They had to put a rooster down because a smaller rooster decided it was taking over and it fatally injured it. Well my nephews buried it. On their way home they stopped and got Kentucky Fried Chicken. Smh

By the way that rooster then decided to attack the dog protecting the property. It was an 80 pound Pit Mix. That rooster lost too.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          Somebody needs a new rooster - LOL

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have no problem killing meat but I've had these chickens for 3 plus years ,they come when I call ,they run up to say hi (I know I know I'm a big softie lol) I butcher my deer but I just cant kill these 3 chickens ,kinda like they made it though the war so now they get to relax

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          A few nights ago I heard a commotion in the hen house, let the bogs out and followed to find one of the roosters standing over a dead owl. They are now eating it,,,
          Fir the first time in years I have no eggs, all of my girls are molting, or leading chicks around and molting.
          Spidermite if you were closer I have a luvely splash Easter Egger roo that I could give you,,, I do like my coloured eggs!

I had a 40 plus lb turkey gobbler that lost many battles with the little bantam roosters. The roosters were too quick. Same outcome with my dog and the rooster however. Dog won with one bite.
        Last edited by JohnEmad; 11-23-2019, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          So far it has been enuf for my dogs to set the roo in his place and not kill him! Good dog!!

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          My Grandparents raised Bantam roosters along with the laying hens and roosters. The bantams were raised just for the feathers, meanest damn two legged heathens that exist on this world, and probably a few others. Gathering eggs was a sprint to and from the barns. Hard as hell to catch and kill for their (Sold to guys for flys) feathers. We finally started feeding them the Mash from our stills and once they started flopping over we could catch and harvest..... Great Day for my younger brother and I!

Here’s my official Saturday update. I’ve been a bit sporadic lately.
        last night when I came home from the shop I gave her a good defol. I just went in to water and took the pic. Now time to head back to work. I’ve got these two pipes to finish and sent to Tennessee next week. If you guys are interested I’ll post pix of them finished. I’m also in the process of making a horn goblet stand for my friend in Nottingham, UK. I’ll ship it out next week too.
        🙏🏼✌🏻
        Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X