No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BURR I just came in from turning on the fans in GH . it was 34 in there this morning so I lit the heater first then went in and turned on the fans went back to GH and it was 37 so I dropped the end panel by the exhaust fans and by the time the sun rises it should be fine in there
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      It is 103 degrees here today. Last night the low was 83. It will be a long time before we get temps that cold here.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Crazy how you’re getting those temps up there this early

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      hey spider can I ship my girls to you kinda like snow birds in FLA. lol ,

The brides throw it in the garden grow. Jack Herer (Auto). And then I will hear how easy it is to grow...……
    Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 09-19-2019, 07:36 AM. Reason: Failed to mention it was an Auto
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      growing pot is easy there weeds ,but getting it to its full potential is something else entirely lol so her some of the buds people grow hear , now dont take me wrong that plant has some great nugs on it probably fantastic smoke but if she give you a hard time its a responce lol

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      She is just giving me a hard time, lets me know she misses me. Still...… Just as you said brother, its all in the end result.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Well said OJH

Sweet tooth Autoflowers Day 69.
    first two pictures are from under the hlg 100
    third picture is suppercrpping at its finest, had to banish her and the Forth picture for height restrictions to the tent under 200 watt Mh
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190919_220113.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.35 MB ID:	338420
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190919_220345.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	338421
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190919_221208.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	338422
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190919_222701.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.33 MB ID:	338423
    Four different plants two different lights.

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      looking good MR Furley then ,walk in the GH and its all bent branches lol

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Living the bent life, lol. s62 the G.R.o.T. for Suppercrpping is bend it where it is need to keep it flat at the canopy.

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr.furley Been a while! She’s lookin great! Hope you’re doing well

I love this time of year for growing even with the WPM and BR problems , the magic is happening ,buds get bigger and fatter/harder and each new stage is exciting (to me anyway) the girls are all trimmed up and spread out yelling look at me look at me , we were in the woods and I had just finished spraying the last plant and I saw a small bus with rot on it so I tried to yank it off , it came off with a 6 inch piece of stem bark,so I took the whole branch ,Other than that it was watering as usual,my buddy wants to take the plants with bud rot and I keep saying no lets wait I'm willing to loose a percentage of the yield, if the rest of the plant is getting bigger and fatter buds,I figure if we take the plant now we will get 100 percent light airy buds if we let it go the buds will get harder and bigger ,the yield is larger by far
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

was out checking game cameras with a buddy ,he has a camera out near the airport and the first Picture was laying on the ground with a half of a grinder ,I need to clean it up with some alcohol get a new bowl maybe an ash catcher , the next 2 are of a spider that was on my pack ,I have one camera about a mile in but its a choke point so I don't mind the walk I just didn't want to pick up any hitchhikers lol .it is about the size of a quarter

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        Balmy 37 today the rh in GH 99%,by 930 the rh will be almost 50%

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Boy OJ that GH is saving you this season. Mine is crammed with 3 plants and all my containers. I may be able to take some shelfs out move things around to allow room for 1 more photo but it's tight. I had put soil in 4 5gal containers left them for when I get the tent going I gotta get in there and get those out for my winter seedlings. But I just love this fall season also, trees are quickly turning here and the acorns are hitting the tin canopy they are huge this year.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        we were off for the last camping trip of the season ,When I built the GH it was for the soul job of growing weed ,that changed quickly lol ,I'm already thinking about what I can put in there early next year to make hanging baskets,

Hey everyone. Haven't posted in awhile. Honestly just not feeling myself these days. But things are chugging along on my end.

Mostly just wanted to say your gardens are looking great and I was sorry to read about those of you who encountered powdery mildew and/or bud rot. I had a bit myself and had to toss some otherwise good looking buds but nothing too severe.

Here's my second round of Grapefruit auto and some baby fem photo Jack Herer:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190919_201241.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.65 MB ID:	338551

This blackberry auto is small but pretty:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190919_201301.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.50 MB ID:	338552

In case you were wondering what my recent harvests brought in:
      • Blue Dream auto was about 80g per plant
      • Cream Cookies auto was about 90g single plant
      • Grapefruit was a heavy yielder and really tasty but I forget how much
      This weekend i am going to try and create an 8-bucket RDWC system based off a guide I found on YouTube. I'm really hoping I can pull this off without too many screw ups 🤞😊
      Up next:
      [Insert your recommendation here]

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        OC gone for the weekend are those weights dry

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir. Dry weight of meticulously wet trimmed buds.✂️👍 😅 Not blown away by yields but not disappointed. The blue dream is delicious and excellent during the day. The grapefruit nugs are so dense and aromatic. I won't even smoke the Cream Cookies which is a sign it has a weird taste or I'm getting spoiled... or both!

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100

So, ma went down and checked them earlier and came back to the house with this small branch. Of course I was like....wtf! She said there was a bunch of nugs with rot and she was plucking them off, so she just decided to bring the whole branch up. I looked at it through my scope and seen it’s pretty much ready anyway. It’s from my 6’ glue. I’m just going to do a branch a day, taking my time. Bertha is still a month away and she ain’t gonna be fun. That’s a ton of snipping time. I don’t have a autotrimmer. All I know is I need to beat 7.7oz per plant. I know I’ve got it. I weighed a few of the nugs and subtracted 73%. I’ve got about a oz from one branch and this was a lower one.....many to go.
      🙏🏼✌🏻

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        It's love hate time for growers. Does your Mom know how to trim bud? Sure helps to have extra hands this time of year. I'm gonna be harvesting 1/2 the amount I had last year. And that's if they finish before a freeze hopefully i'll be down to 2 plants by then.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        very nice , nobody will say it but I think everyone cuts fans off in the last few weeks ,not to save bud but to trim them up before harvest so they dont have to do it all at once Lol You probably know but I use a bud spinner for the 200 buck it was and investment and a damn good one ,I can fill up the tray with untrimmed bud spin it until I'm happy all in about 30 seconds of spinning , also my buddy who sells has 4 pepole over and we knock it out in the morning he gives us a 1/2 ounce for working lol

Day 85 for my outdoor Chemdog - doused her with a milk spray about 10 days or so ago and it seems to have the WPM in check - plus it's a lot cooler so that must help as well. No rain so I put her under a couple of Vipraspectra 300. She's trying to finish so I'll help. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190921_122238.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	338753Click image for larger version

Name:	20190922_051130.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	338754
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        Good looking plant. I had to laugh at seeing the LED lights outdoors - not exactly a stealth grow LOL

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Canuck you ever run those leds from under the plant ,I would think if they were in a tray on a riser then the water would not be a factor, anyway that is one nice shot ,I would send that to Nebula for shot of the week and I hope you dont mind but I copied it to my computer to print out the picture for my grow room something to aspire to lol

• MmmHmmml3
        MmmHmmml3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great photo

What happens when you have no time to deal with your plants. But you keep them well fed and watered. Some are over 7 feet tall after supercropping. And yes some of those bud sights have grown above the lights. Oh well. Will see what happens Click image for larger version

Name:	20190921_134505.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	338772Click image for larger version

Name:	20190921_134517.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	338773Click image for larger version

Name:	20190921_134423.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	338774Click image for larger version

Name:	20190921_134408.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	338775Click image for larger version

Name:	20190921_134340.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	338776Click image for larger version

Name:	20190921_134327.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	338777
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Spidermite looking good my friend.

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        The things we do to ourselves. I feel for you fella you'll make it.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        thats not a real bad problem to have especially when they look so good

we went camping for the weekend with some friends ,( not really camping in a RV lol) checked the girls when we got home they looked great besides getting a little warm 93 ,will give them a good going over today and update pictures

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        The only time I’ve ever cleaned a deer, it was a roadkill deer. The subsequent stew was pretty good, but I’ve learned that venison isn’t my thing.

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        oldjarhead100 I dont really use recipes but when I started making sausage this is where I started. I now use whatever spices we have grown that year. But here is the start for my base.

1 pound ground pork fat, bacon, or saved fat from trimming pork or beef that I always save.

4 pounds ground venison

2 teaspoons salt

2 teaspoons black pepper

1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage

1/2 teaspoon dried basil

1/2 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoon Cajun spices

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/4 teaspoon mustard

Sometimes I add a bit of brown sugar, real maple syrup, or molasses. If I'm making small links I like the links with real maple syrup, patties I dont add any sweet flavors, larger links I dont use sweet but add pepper flakes and a bit more fat so I can cook them like brats. Also on the bigger links I add the organ meats at about 1 pound organ meats to 3 pounds of good cuts of venison. I can only give idea as I do not really use recipes.

How do you make your sausage?

As far as wild hogs I like to salt the whole shank and then cold smoke them for about 4 days. Let them cure for a few months and then cool like a normal ham

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks alot I have always used my buddies recipe ,

I can finally let my closet fill up all the way with proper odor control. Picked up foothill scrubber on ebay which looks on the higher end and made to open up for refills very easy. This ona gel is amazing and I should have bought it a while ago.

Any tips on using the gel? Still a few days till scrubber is installed. I put 5 tbps in foam cups with tiny holed poked on the side and then put one behind every AC intake in the house. I believe you should save the gel after and then buy ona liquid to make new gel??

Comment

some new pictures the second one whos going to finish first the bud or the tomatoes lol 3 rd Pic is my problem child Cinderella xx she likes the bud rot ,I have been cutting any bad spots probably pulled an ounce from her already ,4th Lemon skittle , 5th back side of Cinderella xx 6th the whole gang almost have kissing sisters . and in last picture the first tracks you can see are deer the second is a coyote ,his first set is just before the deers but not real visible ,the next set of deer prints were 15 feet away ,just thought I would share its not often you see the signs of lifes struggle in the wild and thought you who dont hunt or get out in the woods might like to see

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          You are making me think about a green house... Nice!

• MmmHmmml3
          MmmHmmml3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I keep thinking of investing in a greenhouse as well when I see these.

Originally posted by oldjarhead100 View Post
        some new pictures the second one whos going to finish first the bud or the tomatoes lol 3 rd Pic is my problem child Cinderella xx she likes the bud rot ,I have been cutting any bad spots probably pulled an ounce from her already ,4th Lemon skittle , 5th back side of Cinderella xx 6th the whole gang almost have kissing sisters . and in last picture the first tracks you can see are deer the second is a coyote ,his first set is just before the deers but not real visible ,the next set of deer prints were 15 feet away ,just thought I would share its not often you see the signs of lifes struggle in the wild and thought you who dont hunt or get out in the woods might like to see
        Tried to look at the pictures of the tracks but it won't open up for me?
        I have spent many an hour out in the woods. My favorite place when the weather is descent.

Comment

Finally have time to start another grow and try autoflowering plants.
          Started 2 Cream Caramel from Sweet Seeds but left the tent open and the cat decided to bite the head off one of them.
          So started 2 NLxMaxigom autos from Spanish Seeds and will grow 3 plants.

2'X4'X6' UNIT FARM TENT
          238W QB LED 3000K w/far red strip.
          Autopots w/ 60/40 coco/perlite
          Remo nutrients
          4"exhaust with carbon filter
          passive intake
          10" oscillating fan

All seeds up or almost up. Will hand water until they are on their 4 th set of leaves or well rooted and then start the auto watering system.
          So far so good.
          Cannot upload pics. Maybe a glitch on the forum.... so will do that later.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by JohnEmad; 10-03-2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

three of the woods girls ,With the weather the way it is we decided to chop all the woods girls ,the first picture is that small plant with the curled up leafs ,she gave us 3 ounces ,the second 6.4 ounces and the last 5 oz. we had one real nice one at 9.7 oz. these are dry weight figures ,they are all cut and drying now ,we still have the home grows to do but we can take our time with them .we do have 2 plants in the woods with really lite and airy buds we plan on bringing them home to finish in the gh that should be a blast carrying a full grown plant half a mile though the woods .the things we do for weed

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X