No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awhile ago I read something on Flash seeds Maua Tye its an auto but it takes 105 to 110 days so it should have room for training they are mostly Stativa .any ways I've been trying to buy right from flash seeds ,they want to get paid by paypal but the address wouldn't work ,credit cards not taken I asked to send cash nope ,so I broke down and got them from seedsman ,This buying seeds is getting to be a Big old PITA

Coinbase doesn't take CC anymore so you have to do a bank transfer that takes 14 days so I tried a CC and was denied ,called them and had to wait 10 minutes for it to clear just hit the button again and it went though so I will be firing up the auto tent
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      go ahead rub it in lol these were specific strains ,look up flash seeds panama lime they sound amazing

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      go ahead rub it in lol these were specific strains ,look up flash seeds panama lime they sound amazing

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got me some White Widow - Revolver - Early Miss

So I have my these 2 plants that just look like they are growing way way more bud sites than all my others. It's like some mutated monster plant. I did veg for way too long in a 1L airpot (needed males for last grow and these were the females, needed small until ready) and supercropped many branches.

The cola below has 4 branches shooting off which are the same length. Many of them are weighing so much the branches just droop down with gigantic 3 finger leaves. I also started them under 12/12 to spot the sex and then vegd again. I have to defoil every 2-3 days or else no light will get past the top.

I am trying to figure out if this is a direct result of flowering then veg and stressing the plant or just kind of a random thing. If so, then would it be worth doing this on purpose, but maybe to a lesser degree?

Is there a risk to 12/12 seedling and then veg again?

Oh, strain is Early Durban (DP + Early Flower Skunk).Should I worry about the 1 and 3 finger leaves or maybe is it just a strain thing?

last pic is the auto I tapped together and wow it grew a lot
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 09-06-2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I like my chances with this Sweet Tooth - 10 potential colas coming up - be nice if they stayed all at the same height as they shoot up Click image for larger version

Name:	20190907_075536.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	335162
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• MmmHmmml3
        MmmHmmml3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Would you transplant at this size for an auto?

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't transplant an auto - period.
        I always put them in their final pot. That's why I use 2 gallon pots - doesn't take them as long to fill in their roots. I used a 7 gallon pot last year, took the plant 3 weeks to fill in her roots before she started vertically. Then 10 days later she's shooting out pistils.

I'd never transplant a auto the size of the one Canuck147 showing.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

My Jack Herer is sprouting (Bad case of helmet head), but I'm not liking how much water the grow block is sucking up. I moved the spitter further away, but it did not seem to help. Not sure its a problem, just a concern and will look for an alternative on the next one.
        Suggestions for alternatives (DWC)?
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          My last helmet head, clipped the cotyledons together at the ends, but they grew up and out enough to allow the true leaves to get out from underneath the dome formed by the cotyledons

• RagWeedDWC
          RagWeedDWC commented
          Editing a comment
          I use to fuss with them and get it off, but now just let the plant handle it.

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          I help them take it off - have some really sharp tweezers so I just hold tweezers closed and stick them in a spot and slowly let the tweezers open - usually works.

This is the wife's throw it in the garden plant. Jack Herer 37 days old (Approx)
        Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
        A tale of two seeds
        Batter Up Sour Deisel
        Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
        New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
        Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Pre98 bubba kush fem from new420guy in all her glory (besides needing water) but she got some..
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20190907_101013.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	335397Click image for larger version

Name:	20190907_101049.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	3.33 MB
ID:	335395Click image for larger version

Name:	20190907_101041.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	335396
          “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
          192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
          3 Gal Smart Pots
          FoxFarm Trio
          +Open Sesame
          +Cha-Chang
          +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
          192w t5
          Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
          FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
          FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

PaganRich Thought I’d tag ya buddy.
          Heres my 2 week update. All but the last few are the gg#4. You can see we have to camouflage the grapefruit, because it can be seen from air and also the meter readers. They’re all doing really good. We gave them some bloom pellets last week. All the buds are dense af! My buddy came by last night to pick up a 1/2 and I had him try some gg#4 that we pulled a couple weeks ago from the bottoms. Him and his gf said it was the best they’ve ever had. Now, he’s had every strain I’ve ever grown. I got the seeds through my bro, but he got them from fastbuds if any of you wanna give them a go. Weather permitting and other issues I should have a huge haul from these.
          Yall are kicking out some great grows too. I love seeing the updates.
          ✌🏻🙏🏼

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your girls are either much bigger or older than mine the bud size is looking great ,I will say that it being legal has really changed things around here ,the stress level has dropped almost to nothing, we still do the woods grow but with alot less plants

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            Very Nice!

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            oldjarhead100 Yeah, I’m sure the bloom pellets are helping a bit. Still not legal here, but I’m in the ‘misdemeanor’ area of growing. Knock on wood. I read what Canuck147 said about topping the buds, but I’m sure it was too late for these girls. We discussed it while down there the other day. Maybe I’ll try it with my winter grow. I was in town the other day and still forgot to buy my soil! I had 2 dr appointments tho and wanted to get home.

Here is the Widowbanger at 80 days old, sticky sticky sticky!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you have a root problem lol very nice

• MmmHmmml3
            MmmHmmml3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mmmmmm (1 extra m for that 6th character)

Any thoughts on what's wrong with these 2 plants?

One is off color and kind of looks like N or Mag def based on charts, but it shouldn't be a deficiency. They have been fed lightly and in a mix of coir, casting, biochar and pearlite.

The other one is a bit odd. Everytime I water, it will droop so much for a few hours. The blades on the leaves curl up on the tips to make what looks like shark teeth or a saw blade. The new growth also likes to twist. Hard to see in photos because it's very light, but when the new leaf is small and thin, one or two fingers will be slightly twisted so you can see the bottom and the color difference sticks out.
          Attached Files

Comment

Think I've run into a lil calmag or ph prob so I've got to get that dialed in and keep things chugging along. About 3 weeks or so into flower. Already frosty...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20190910_163551.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	336287Click image for larger version

Name:	20190910_163349.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	336288Click image for larger version

Name:	20190910_163345.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	336289
            “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
            192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
            3 Gal Smart Pots
            FoxFarm Trio
            +Open Sesame
            +Cha-Chang
            +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
            192w t5
            Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
            FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
            FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              i dont see any problems, your plants look great

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll agree with 9fingers - great color.

• Juicyj89
              Juicyj89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well hell, thanks guys!

Here's how my tent looks today - Chemdog front and left, 70 days - Sweet Tooth right front, 30 days - the 2 in the back are mystery seeds, hoping one is an Amnesia Haze about 25 days. Pics taken with the bloom light on and off. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190912_055250.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	336298Click image for larger version

Name:	20190912_055239.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	336299
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• s62
              s62 commented
              Editing a comment
              I love your ongoing grow style where you just constantly have things in different stages. Seems like a blast. My second attempt at a GSC hasn’t worked out well yet, so if I restart that, it’ll be a couple of weeks behind. Think I’ll end up with a tent like yours

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just gotta have enough bricks and other stuff for risers to keep em all 24 inches under the light.

Going to start 2 more seeds in October - White Widow and Early Miss - going to do some kind of training as I'm kinda fed up with letting them get their own way and growing too big for the tent. So I'm seriously considering keeping up a grow journal of my endeavors - cuz I'll probably need some help along the way.

So if you would follow my journal - give this post a like.
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• s62
              s62 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m in!

Browsing random new products and found this. Seems like good uses in growing. They picked up a 25lb weight with only 1 layer. Adventure tape, it's an extremely powerful stretchy tape

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...olution-for-yo
            Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 09-11-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

@Canuck I was checking out stores online and growershouse.com has 13 inch plant risers for $2.36 each the only other place I found them that cheep was HTG supply ,I was in the store and found them at 2.33 I thought it was a pricing mistake so I asked and that was the price I bought enough to keep all three rooms full with risers lol, anyways I used bricks for years ,I just never found handling them fun lol so I figured I would share
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X