No announcement yet.

The Great Auto Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good day fellow growers. Candy Kush here at day 54. Got some white stuff happening on some of the leaves.

Anyone know what it could be? I do.
    Attached Files
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      where did you come up with that ,and do you spray on a regular interval ,Im assuming you spray right up till harvest ,this is good news Canuck I've been using grow safe for wpm just doesnt cut it .I'm in the process of pulling all the squash and any other plants that have wpm on them from around the GH ,with as much air blowing thru the gh you woudl'nt think it would be a problem .Now that is whole milk not the weak ass one or two percent right lol

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      1% milk OJH - got the idea from GWE - I've only sprayed twice - third spray in an hour or so. Have to do it cuz of the stupid weather, more rain coming so have to stay on top of it. Seems to be working.

• MmmHmmml3
      MmmHmmml3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have noticed something similar, but much much less. It almost looks like ashes to me. I guess the milk can't hurt. This is stupid, but would the plant absorb calcium?

Had to defol a ton yesterday. Where they’re at was like a giant yellow light going off for the water or electric guy to see them, 10-12’ yellow leaves! I only check them every 2 weeks. My last grapefruit is taking her sweet time, but healthy. Both the glues are doing really good. You can see the size of the colas compared to my arm on one of them. I friggin split the stem on Bertha. When you’re only 4’10” tall in a wheelchair and trying to defol a 8’ plant the branches only bend so much....lol. You’ll have to appreciate the picture I took while looking up at her. I went to the house and grabbed mom and tape and had her fix it tho. She’ll recover just fine. If I had to guess I’d have to say Bertha will produce 11+oz dry, glue #2 will be about 9+, and who the hell knows about my last grapefruit. I’m hoping for more out of each, but time will tell. I had minimal bud rot on one and was able to rip those buds off and toss. They were small nugs anyway. The rest of y’alls girls are looking good too. I’m hoping a really good fall harvest.
    🙏🏼✌🏻

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are looking great nice size buds for the time in bloom . Retodd I have found that if you get bud rot its best to cut the stem below the rot then cut the good bud off and use it damn shame

• Retodd
      Retodd commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 There was only a couple small nugs. The weeds grew up around the lower part too much. Mom since went down and cleared the bases really good yesterday.

• MmmHmmml3
      MmmHmmml3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look amazing!

I need some help. Ended up with more plants than originally planned and the odor started getting out of control about 2 weeks ago. The plants have been flowering about 65 days and I decided to harvested now. They look amazing, way better than the last one.

The problem now is that I can't air dry because it smells too much. Going to buy a tent specifically for flowering and drying very soon. I instantly cut the buds into very small pieces and removed most the stem. The photo below accounts for the size of roughly half of them and the others are a even mix of popcorn and medium size.

I let them dry 24 hours on mesh rack with no fan and then 8 hours with a fan. Then I put them in 32oz amber Mason jars filled about 40% and laid sideways. I put a hygrometer in the jar and this morning it says 78RH 70 degrees. The RH in the room is usually between 40-55

Putting into the open jars sideways reduced the odor a ton, but will I get mold? I was thinking if I just baby them and check constantly then it will be fine. I cut them small thinking it will greatly reduce the chance of mold, but won't dry too fast either. I am rotating the buds as well. Smaller buds to the front, larger to the back and rotate.

The two buds partially off of the dollar have been sitting out on purpose and dried a bit further.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 08-25-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Brown paper bag rolled up shake couple times a day test for dryness every couple days. Not to thick of layers in the bags. Have fun

• MmmHmmml3
      MmmHmmml3 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did this yesterday and they are looking good, smell is still greatly reduced and probably ready to cure in one day. I haven't seen bud this good since I lived in Europe 15 years ago and then again when states started legalizing.

Hard to describe, but when I slowly tear apart the bud into the smallest pieces, each piece is firm and fluffy, kind of tears apart like cotton candy. Very intense diesel gas lemon lavender odor. The previous plants buds would literally fall apart before you can get them to this point because they are leafy and a bit dry.
      Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 08-27-2019, 09:42 AM.

Brrrr its 50 out there this morning, I would be depressed that summers over if my girls weren't doing so good now I just want to get them to harvest lol
    I finally was able to get grand kids together and take them to the beach ,My youngest is 4 and she had never been to the ocean before ,lets just say it was a fantastic day and it will be a week before that grin comes off her face ,the rip tide was so bad we couldn't go beyond our knees but nobody cared ,between the wind and rip tide it was a short stay ,and everyone was happy to get back in RV
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

this Alaskan purple has been super cropped every 2 days for awhile now I have string pulling it away from edge of GH , on the way out to the woods girls I saw someone cut a couple of trees down, now why would they do that ,putting in a tree stand is a good reason so I took a walk no other sign than those three trees cut and left where they where ,so I came home broke out my game cameras and I will have one with me when I go back out on Thursday, so I didn't find a tree stand but I did find a cool tree lol ,thats a perfect tree it sits 10 yards away from a spot where 5 runs come together just not high enough for me lol
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
        SirSmksAlot commented
        Editing a comment
        How tall is your gh? That plant is going to turn into a monster!

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        7 feet at the middle

A few pics in no order,,,, would you take more leaf?
      The Widowbanger (pic 5) is 64 days old in this pic,,,,

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        personally I feel if you can see though the plant then its defoiled enough for outside ,so they look great

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanx, with this wet fall I am concerned with bud rot, I hope the extra air flow will help!

Doing some planning last night and need some feedback in which method is best. Sorry how long these last couple of post are, I am not trying to write an essay.

I imagine there is a point where the light becomes far less important and you really just need more total time to pass and the plant would basically come out just as good even in the shade.

For example if you wanted to start inside and then move into an area that is not super sunny, what is the best point for this? I'm thinking I can veg indoors, flower for about 40 days and then move outdoors for the remaining 3-6 weeks. I am noticing at roughly 30-40 days flower I have my final shape and buds are forming as a whole unit.

If the plant needs 70 days flowering and you spend half indoors and half out in partial sun (partial shade until 1pm then full sun) vs indoors the entire time, will you notice a huge difference in the final weight and quality? If yes, then at what point would you move outdoors in this situation for maximum efficiency?
      Last edited by MmmHmmml3; 08-27-2019, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Autos finally decided to Auto at day 49 from the drink.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20190827_164526.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	332927

Name:	20190827_164506.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	332928
        100 watt grow with minimal care.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• MmmHmmml3
          MmmHmmml3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wish I could make some of my autos delay the flowering. I wonder if this can be adjusted via breeding? If you cross ruderalis with photo strain X and then dilute the ruderalis genetics by crossing it many more times with a photo strain, will it flower later because it's less of an auto. Hope that makes sense.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          MmmHmmml3
          It does but I don't know much about inbreeding Autos.
          My thoughts is that it's due to topping and trimming it pushed back flowering by 10 days. I don't miss a beat with Photos but I did stall my autos, just need more practices.

• MmmHmmml3
          MmmHmmml3 commented
          Editing a comment
          I actually have two autos now about 3 weeks and trying something different (no clue if it will work). The plant spaced a bit for 3 nodes then started taking off. I supercropped the main stem now to start making it curve around and keep it low which I need anyway (just doing more aggressively early on).

No topping or fim though. I'm hoping the plant pushes the lower growth out now while it also strengthens the main stem. Who knows, maybe it will stunt it like crazy, well I'm sure one of you already know what will happen.

Water cure just finished, strain is lavender. The odor is still so intense, wow. Well, it now needs to dry, but I had to share this awesome photo
        Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          that looks amazing ,might have to try that

• MmmHmmml3
          MmmHmmml3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looking forward to the next. Lavender + NL, several sprouted about a week ago. I was worried it would be too much couch lock for my taste, but vaping really changed that. Tested just now and I feel excellent. Pain free and not tired! Thanks for all the help

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Beauties Mmm excellent trim job.

Just a little update

Name:	20190829_184254.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	4.61 MB
ID:	333641Click image for larger version

Name:	20190829_184139.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	333642
        “Pounds of weed. Sour D. That medical for my allergies.” - Juicy J

Second Grow:

Sweet Tooth Autos (4)
        192w t5 (veg) 400w HPS (flwr) 24/0hr
        3 Gal Smart Pots
        FoxFarm Trio
        +Open Sesame
        +Cha-Chang
        +CaliMagic

First grow:

150w hps hydro grow (DIY)

Current Grow:

(1) new420guy Black Domina and P98 Bubba Kush
        192w t5
        Rapid Rooter/Jiffy-Pot/5 Gal Smart Pot
        FF BushDoctor Coco-Loco
        FF Nutrient Trio + CaliMagic

Comment

So, I was sitting on my porch yesterday and thought I’d show y’all exactly how big Bertha is. I zoomed in on my iPad, so quality of picture is for shit. There she is just peeking out around the overgrowth on the old horse fence. Told ya she was 8’. And just for a laugh, mom was doing some defol down there and accidentally popped off a small nug. She made a pretty garnish before getting put to the side to dry.
          ✌🏻🙏🏼

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            MMMM sweet potatoes beans and that looks like pork the plant looks good to lol

Love your big bertha is she in the ground? Hey now it's not nice to show such delicious looking supper in a weed forum I know lookin at it makes me hungry. Wonder why those yams grown in your garden?
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Retodd
            Retodd commented
            Editing a comment
            Only gardening I do anymore is weed....lol.

Hey fellow growers - my plants are a bit easier to see Retodd - outside girls here. Sun only hits em for a couple of hours now - so I put out my sun boosters. A Vipraspectra 300 for each of them will pull out the buds.
          Chemdog on the left and Candy Kush on the right. Little one is Bubba Cheese - growing up tall and lanky.
          Rained overnight - so - back up to 100% humidity. Gave these outside girls their 4th spraying of milk and water. Waited until they dried out before putting them under their suns.
          They seem to get a darker green after every spraying, or I'm out here smoking too much 'quality control ' cannabis all the time.
          Finally got some jars filled up. Last Candy Kush was disappointing at. 60 grams. Think Big netted me about 110 grams. THC Bomb - 80 grams. Chemdog 75 grams.
          Very happy to have a variety.

All your grows look fabulous - guess spidermite has his hands very busy. Click image for larger version  Name:	20190831_102020.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	333690Click image for larger version  Name:	20190831_101954.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.31 MB ID:	333691
          Last edited by Canuck147; 08-30-2019, 05:48 PM.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• MmmHmmml3
            MmmHmmml3 commented
            Editing a comment
            How much do you expect from these plants? My last bud came out amazing, but the quantity is still way less than I hoped. Still nowhere near multiple oz on a single plant. I might have 2oz from the 3 total plants and I thought they were pretty big.

Now I see the value in carbon filters. I was able to keep odor down because the plants apparently aren't that big (looks big to me), but now I think 4ft ish plants are needed to really get the results I want.

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lights lights lights I ran 300 w leds for my autos and could only yield 2 oz per plant so I switched to a 800w
            @ canuck thats the best idea I've seen on how to use 300w leds lol, do you run into issues with them so close to the bottom growth on plants

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            These plants are a good size for me - I expect maybe 160 grams each. But I'm not there yet.

My growing season is about to kick off.. Is anyone growing autogrow plants in a DWC style setup, on this thread?
          Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
          A tale of two seeds
          Batter Up Sour Deisel
          Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
          New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
          Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like you. Good luck.

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, this will be fun!

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just started some autos, but they’re in soil. It’ll be fun to compare to yours.

This happened 5 minutes ago, do I top or keep taped (auto)? Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            leave it taped it will live or die in a day so youll know

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            yes i concur, its 4 or 5 colas that will grow from there and its flowering already, try to save it

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X